PDA

View Full Version : Flashing ignition light

RussellT
11-06-2015, 16:55
Anybody had a ignition light flashing on and off? The fuel pump slows down at the same time the light comes on.

The alternator belt isnt slipping and Ive had a new altenator. The problem comes and goes and is most noticable at tick over.

All sugestions welcome :scratch:

Russell

Alex
11-06-2015, 17:17
Sounds like a wiring issue somewhere. Does it do it just on idle or does it happen more so when on the move going over bumps? Can you check and see if it's charging the battery correctly?

RussellT
11-06-2015, 17:31
Im thinking a dodgy wire somewhere too the old girl is full of them! It just seems to come and go randomly. I took the intrument cluster out and fiddled with the wires while she was running but didnt seem to effect it.

Alex
11-06-2015, 17:57
Try the basics first - alternator. You say it's new, so some wires might have been disturbed or are not connected securely. Check the connection of doom also and make sure all contacts are good. I used to have an issue with my battery light flashing on occasionally and it was a dodgy wire / connection at that point.

RussellT
11-06-2015, 18:35
Ive had a look at the Haynes manual and the wiring to the ignition light appears to go to earth through the left hand head light.

Connector of Doom was bypassed by the pit crew years ago but has been in several heavy impacts since then :ashamed:

Junglist
11-06-2015, 20:05
Give the connectors a wiggle on the alt.