PDA

View Full Version : The RTOC 'trading up game'

Slammed 66
13-05-2015, 21:42
Ok so this may or may not work but it's something I thought about earlier.

I won't be offended if you think it's crap as I really don't know myself but it goes a little like this.

We need maybe 10 "committed" players. By this I mean people who will see it through.

The idea is to trade parts for free but going up in value each time.

For example,

I'd start off with a wheel bolt.

Mick would say he'll trace that for an oil filter

Alex would come in and say he'd trade that for an OE airbox

Ian would offer up a scorpion back box he has laying round etc etc

At the end of the trading the last person has to give up their item which gets put on eBay and the proceeds donated to a chosen charity or the club etc etc

Any of the other players can volunteer their items to be sold off for the same purpose.

Obviously you can't blatantly take the piss and offer a complete car as trade against a wheel bolt.

A random number generator would determine which order the players played in.

As I said, it may be a crap idea and if so then it doesn't matter :D

Just a thought.

Maybe cap the trade value to £30-£40?

What's your thoughts?

James5
14-05-2015, 15:16
Very different I don't mind taking part and seeing it through to the end :agree:

How would this be done? through a thread on RTOC? I don't really want to have to cart a load of spares to ND :laugh: (although I may need them if I break something)

Alex
14-05-2015, 19:26
Interesting. Unfortunately I have bugger all to trade but it might be a bit of fun for people.

Goobie
14-05-2015, 20:05
Wasn't there some guy a few years ago did this online some where starting with a pencil and ended up with a car or something? :confused: