PDA

View Full Version : Article for central locking

Guybrush
28-04-2015, 10:44
Am sure there was one, but can't find it. Searching seems to return very little of any use.

Drivers door struggles to open, i need to turn the key to the max and then it just opens.
Pulling the pin up does nothing, there is no movement (as is the same for trying to open the door from the inside). Think the culprit is a ceased central locking actuator, of which i reckon i have a spare.

Ian S
28-04-2015, 11:29
This one? http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=39925

Guybrush
28-04-2015, 13:32
Nah, not aftermarket. Just replacing what's there.
Done it before but was just after a pic to see if my spare actuator is passenger or drivers.

Ian S
28-04-2015, 13:43
If you post a picture of the one you have here someone may know which side it is?

Mr Raider
29-04-2015, 22:02
I would also recommend removing the locking mechanism inside the door, remove central locking solenoid and soaking in diesel over night, toothbrush to clean it up, and re-grease and re-fit. ;)

J$£5GTT
01-05-2015, 13:05
I would also recommend removing the locking mechanism inside the door, remove central locking solenoid and soaking in diesel over night, toothbrush to clean it up, and re-grease and re-fit. ;)

what dump the whole unit in diesel? works yeah?

Mr Raider
04-05-2015, 22:05
Yup, works a treat! Ice cream tub pop mechanism in and pour diesel in so its all covered and leave over night to soak, quick brush with a tooth brush, bit of grease and re-fit.

J$£5GTT
05-05-2015, 17:59
Yup, works a treat! Ice cream tub pop mechanism in and pour diesel in so its all covered and leave over night to soak, quick brush with a tooth brush, bit of grease and re-fit.

:agree::)