PDA

View Full Version : fuel leak from OSF

Mr 5
25-01-2009, 17:37
when i say leak i mean gush!

noticed a strong wiff of go-go juice when i started the car but, being a 5,thought nothing of it.....

drove 6 miles and used 1/4 tank....not good,

so looked under the car while it was running,under tank / pump etc and was all fine.

then when i stood up noticed a puddel forming quickly under the OSF wheel.

taken the wheel off and its leaking from what i guss is the regulator? (under brake servo)

looks like its coming from the pipe that enters the 'reg from the side or the unit itself.All fuel lines look fine tho,not cracked, perished or split.

Too dark to look properly now so wont be able to touch it till next weekend now just want to know what am letting myself in for and how hard it is to fix,looks pretty tight around that area for hands etc

also how hard it is to get hold of a new 'reg if need's must

fankoo :)

Brigsy
25-01-2009, 17:45
Easy enough to sort mate. Might be worth renewing all the fuel hoses if there looking dodgy.

Markey Mark (BD)
25-01-2009, 17:46
Its not too bad to get to mate, i find it easier to get it out from underneath. There not too bad to get hold of, if someone is breaking a car see if they still have it on there as its one of those things most people never remove.

Mr 5
25-01-2009, 17:57
cheers people :)

next question,aimed at mr B, how much (length) and what diameter pipe do i need for the lines?

and where from? while your at it you can fit it if you want? i dont mind,realy :)

markey b
25-01-2009, 19:13
oooh ooh i'd like to order a section of braided but dont have my car with me to measure the ID that i'd need.. i do know that i've got an FSE reg so the pipe is larger than normal

Alex
25-01-2009, 19:23
I bought some 8mm copper pipe from B&Q for the soild lines (3 metres will easily be enough) and bought some nice stainless steel overbraid hose from Ben @ Hose Solutions :)