PDA

View Full Version : Can't reply on articles

robw
29-03-2015, 15:52
I'm trying to reply to one of the articles but I keep getting this message "you do not have permission to access this page."
Can somebody sort this out as I want to add to an article.

Bigfoot
29-03-2015, 15:55
What article would you like to add to?

R5MJH
29-03-2015, 15:55
I'm trying to reply to one of the articles but I keep getting this message "you do not have permission to access this page."
Can somebody sort this out as I want to add to an article.

you cant add to a article rob, admin can why do you ask sir

robw
29-03-2015, 15:57
Was going to add some more to the aftermarket central locking

R5MJH
29-03-2015, 16:01
that should be possible need to work a easy way dale??

Bigfoot
30-03-2015, 09:36
I am not sure about opening up the articles for posting on there. If you want to post it in here I will amend the post to add whatever is needed :agree:

R5MJH
30-03-2015, 12:06
I am not sure about opening up the articles for posting on there. If you want to post it in here I will amend the post to add whatever is needed :agree:

ill take a look dale but think the way you sais is easiest

Ian S
30-03-2015, 12:09
It's not by mistake that the articles are not open for all to post on them :)

They are completed journalistic pieces, guides, instructions, not threads of chat.

If someone has something to add or noticed something that needs correcting then contact an active moderator or admin such as Dale, R5MJH, etc, or me. :)

R5MJH
30-03-2015, 12:15
It's not by mistake that the articles are not open for all to post on them :)

They are completed journalistic pieces, guides, instructions, not threads of chat.

If someone has something to add or noticed something that needs correcting then contact an active moderator or admin such as Dale, R5MJH, etc, or me. :)

thx ian,:agree: rob if you tell me the section, ill temp change permissions ro you can edit it then ill change it back after:agree:

Ian S
30-03-2015, 14:36
Rob is trying to add another post, not edit the original piece :)

Hence a moderator doing it, so as to splice the extra info into the original, instead of a series of posts. I know some of them do have some posts, that's due to them being done since RTOC having vB instead of the articles creating software of the old site. But others have been edited to keep it more informative.

R5MJH
30-03-2015, 14:46
Rob is trying to add another post, not edit the original piece :)

Hence a moderator doing it, so as to splice the extra info into the original, instead of a series of posts. I know some of them do have some posts, that's due to them being done since RTOC having vB instead of the articles creating software of the old site. But others have been edited to keep it more informative.

ok ian no probs ill wait to see what he wants to do then I can help no probs matey:agree:

R5MJH
30-03-2015, 14:57
best to do it the normal way then post somewhere ie here

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=37

then 1 of us can move it to articles :D