PDA

View Full Version : Creeping forward in gear

Leloby
04-03-2015, 17:27
Car was graunching gears especially reverse and 1st. Thought I'd fit short shift kit with new bush. Now car struggling to get any gear and it creeps forward in 1st.

It goes into any gear easily when switched off. I can pull about 1" of clutch cable off the release fork and pedal ratchet takes it up ok.

Any idea?

B18ftMOJO5
04-03-2015, 21:38
Have you got slack in the cable gearbox end?

turbo ted
04-03-2015, 22:00
Sounds like the clutch is not disengaging properly when you press the pedal, I think the only way to put right is take the clutch out I'm afraid:crap:
Them short shifters are rubbish you will be missing gears everywhere.

Matty
08-03-2015, 20:49
Sounds like the cable needs adjusting, either by replacing if it has stretched, or adjusting the ratchet mechanism on the pedal.

Trevhib
09-03-2015, 08:56
Sounds like the cable needs adjusting, either by replacing if it has stretched, or adjusting the ratchet mechanism on the pedal.

"I can pull about 1" of clutch cable off the release fork and pedal ratchet takes it up ok."

:agree:

J$£5GTT
22-03-2015, 22:03
Sounds like the clutch is not disengaging properly when you press the pedal, I think the only way to put right is take the clutch out I'm afraid:crap:
Them short shifters are rubbish you will be missing gears everywhere.

i have had my B&m short shifter fitted since 2007 with no issues,does the job...same goes for that stupid uprated starter everyone moans about,had that fitted since 2010 with no issues.
:cooter::D