PDA

View Full Version : New Tailgate arrived need advice pictures added :)

Sig
22-01-2015, 19:59
Hello all,
Just been to pick up my car as I have had a good condition tailgate resprayed :agree:
Pluse my bumper as when I took my car in last week to get a alarm fitted they damaged it!!:disagree:
I think its been matched really well to the car that's not to long ago had a full shell respray.
So I am fitting this weekend if weather is good but wanted to ask a few questions that I need a help in hand with :)
I have just noticed how the car spoilers fits and noticed I have no metal pins in this boot:crap:
So its a campus boot?? but same size and everything else fits looks it anyway?
So what will be the best way of fixing this and also the GT turbo logo this dose have the pins and holes but some have broken looks like its had tape on but I want to know what's best and what will hold for both.
I also have a brand new seal there is a small outlet water hole? now what corner should this go to bottom left right top or even middle don't think so???
Thanks for your help in advance:)
Sig

Junglist
22-01-2015, 20:41
My boot was the same m8 I used some horrible black glue can't remember the name but basically glue been on for years no problem.
You could use double sided number plate tape but try a few different thicknesses to get it right

LiamR
22-01-2015, 21:00
I think a lot of members have used a product called sikaflex. But once stuck on, it won't come off. Can assume the badges can be stuck on with this too. Just make sure you get them both in the correct location both times :agree:

As for the windscreen seal, I think it's bottom left as you look at it. This is only from memory so I might be wrong. Can anyone correct me or confirm?

Sig
22-01-2015, 21:48
Yeah thanks guys any more names for the recommended adhesive would be great that's been used for this so I can pick some up Friday. and a confirmation of where the water outlet hole on the seal should go would be ace:agree:

Kingscott
23-01-2015, 01:16
Tigerseal mate. ;) it's what the pro's use.

Alex
23-01-2015, 07:49
Sikaflex or Tiger Seal :agree:

Trevhib
23-01-2015, 10:02
I wouldn't bond it on. I would use what worked for me previously, that allowed me to remove the spoiler at a later date or reposition it if I got it wrong in the first place. It's double sided foam tape. Like Junglist says, double sided number plate tape.

It was very cheap, it wasn't noticeable once fitted and the spoiler never budged in the following years.

http://www.safestchina.com/products_image/white-double-sided-foam-tape-tapefoam-161215.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/white-double-sided-foam-tape