PDA

View Full Version : 2 x's Gordini cup cars

philr5t
03-01-2015, 23:34
Evening all don't know to much about these cars but I know of 2 I maybe able to buy anyone know what sort of price there worth each

Cheers
Phil

JRP
04-01-2015, 15:22
Evening all don't know to much about these cars but I know of 2 I maybe able to buy anyone know what sort of price there worth each

Cheers
Phil

Need more info, what's the asking prices?

Mr Raider
04-01-2015, 21:54
Must be worth a good few quid if in reasonable to good condition...:coffee:

Matt Cole
05-01-2015, 16:00
Phil, strong money if they are the deal!;)

Sparkie
06-01-2015, 23:43
if they are actual race cars I reckon they will has been crashed, reshelled etc. I reckon 1500-2000 each.

philr5t
07-01-2015, 01:42
Cheers chaps ill be viewing them soon is there an easy way to spot the difference between it being original or re shelled ? Cheers Phil

Sparkie
07-01-2015, 22:05
there will be a chassis number on the boot floor on a gordini, there maybe one under the drivers seat on the rail it bolts onto that goes across the car. - I seem too remember my non- gordini having one there, but the gordini didn't?
to be honest I wouldn't get that caught up whether its been reshelled or not, as long as its straight. - also if you walk up to the back of the car and one of the wheels seems too be more forward than the other - THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE THAT. the wheel base on all mk1 5's differs from left too right! rear trailing arms are offset you see....
check the boot susp turrets for rusty line that extends upwards from the floor....check for rot everywhere!

philr5t
11-01-2015, 11:16
there will be a chassis number on the boot floor on a gordini, there maybe one under the drivers seat on the rail it bolts onto that goes across the car. - I seem too remember my non- gordini having one there, but the gordini didn't?
to be honest I wouldn't get that caught up whether its been reshelled or not, as long as its straight. - also if you walk up to the back of the car and one of the wheels seems too be more forward than the other - THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE THAT. the wheel base on all mk1 5's differs from left too right! rear trailing arms are offset you see....
check the boot susp turrets for rusty line that extends upwards from the floor....check for rot everywhere!

Cheers sparkie will do and will keep you posted once I've viewed them both

Mr Raider
11-01-2015, 22:20
Reckon it would be worth taking a few cheeky pics to pop on here...;)