PDA

View Full Version : Hello All

Mcginlay
02-01-2015, 19:49
Hi all. im new to here from norfolk :). ive got a slight problem with ma 5 i was hoping someone on here could help with :cool: thanks Dan

Mr Raider
02-01-2015, 19:57
Welcome to RTOC Dan, good work signing up, as I said before all the help & advice you need is just here, we are a friendly bunch :agree::)

Looking forward to seeing pictures of your 5 & meeting up to see it soon ;)

LeeR5GTT
02-01-2015, 20:16
Welcome mate, get some pics up!

What's up with the 5?

Matt Cole
02-01-2015, 21:03
Hello and welcome matey. Hope you enjoy the club!:agree:

Mcginlay
02-01-2015, 21:26
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

got a problem with the carb i think :s, she idles nice and smooth but as soon as i go to rev it it splutters and then revs, will also do this when driving at low rpm. but if i raise the rpm to 2000 and above it will tend to rev straight aways. also when driving it seems to pull better at half throttle than full throttle. any help is appreciated :) and a point in the right direction will be great :)
thanks
dan

LeeR5GTT
03-01-2015, 07:56

got a problem with the carb i think :s, she idles nice and smooth but as soon as i go to rev it it splutters and then revs, will also do this when driving at low rpm. but if i raise the rpm to 2000 and above it will tend to rev straight aways. also when driving it seems to pull better at half throttle than full throttle. any help is appreciated :) and a point in the right direction will be great :)
thanks
dan

I had a similar issue last year, my emulsion tube was blocked. It's the tube that sprays fuel down the Venturi when you look down the carb with the lobster off. It could be a number of factors really! Air leak, acc pump jet adjustment. When was the carb last rebuilt?

Junglist
03-01-2015, 08:56
Welcome to the club m8

Mcginlay
03-01-2015, 13:07

I had a similar issue last year, my emulsion tube was blocked. It's the tube that sprays fuel down the Venturi when you look down the carb with the lobster off. It could be a number of factors really! Air leak, acc pump jet adjustment. When was the carb last rebuilt?

well to be honest i have had the car 4 years and just put on road last week, and carb has never been rebuilt whilst i have owned it. soo you reckon check for and air leaks and perished pipes and probly rebuild the carb.

LeeR5GTT
03-01-2015, 13:36

well to be honest i have had the car 4 years and just put on road last week, and carb has never been rebuilt whilst i have owned it. soo you reckon check for and air leaks and perished pipes and probly rebuild the carb.

Yes matey, spray plenty of carb cleaner around the inlet manifold and carb area to check for any leaks, while it's idling. We have rebuild kits in the club shop and also a very good article on here with plenty of pics on servicing your carb :)

Mcginlay
03-01-2015, 15:12

Yes matey, spray plenty of carb cleaner around the inlet manifold and carb area to check for any leaks, while it's idling. We have rebuild kits in the club shop and also a very good article on here with plenty of pics on servicing your carb :)

ok buddy cheers have looked for any split pipes and have not found any. but will try using carb cleaner around there to check for leeks :) and will purchase a kit from the club shop when i can ;). will also have a look for that article

thanks buddy
Dan

B18ftMOJO5
05-01-2015, 18:34
Welcome to the club dan.:)

Jonny5
05-01-2015, 21:38
Welcome to the club :agree: