PDA

View Full Version : Raider Badge Painting

Cr23g
03-12-2014, 18:39
Got all the plastic trim back from painters, and he's just masked the whole badge off. And so the gt turbo badge and spaces in between the lettering on Renault are black instead of blue. anyone got any ideas. Dont like the idea of trying to mask off the tops of the letters very much. Must be an easier way?

Bigfoot
03-12-2014, 18:47
Liquid masking tape

michael tierney
03-12-2014, 22:59
if u spray it black and then try to get a fairly rigid and small roller u can finish it off in red..........u might have to make one up though.....or dab the lettering with paint on a bit of felt....very hard to achieve the origional finish:(

Bigfoot
03-12-2014, 23:19
All of it is in the blue apart from the Renault 5 colouring. No red on the badge.

scratcher
04-12-2014, 07:34
Paint it all blue and sand down the Renault lettering.

Matt_S
04-12-2014, 17:55
Paint it all blue and sand down the Renault lettering.

I think this is the way to do refurbs on the badges. Paint the whole thing lettering colour. Then paint the whole thing again body colour. Then flat back what you need to to get the lettering colour.
On a raider it's easier still. Just paint the whole thing sports blue and then flat back the Renault 5 bit to bare ally. Then lacquer. :)

Matty
06-12-2014, 19:51
I painted mine all body colour, then hand painted the black/red on top. Give it 3 or 4 coats of body colour, then if the top letter colour does run you have plenty of body coloured paint underneath to rub off the top colour. I found by dabbing the paint on thick, it would wet out to the edges of the letters on generally not in over the edges.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/150x100q90/913/EJkJiX.jpg (http://imageshack.com/f/pdEJkJiXj)

evogill
06-12-2014, 20:17
I had a sticker made from a mate who owns , Sheffield sign craft.. scott@sheffieldsigncraft.co.uk he made an excellent job on mine with quality vinyl..he can do it in any colour,any vinyl, he said he would (look after anyone from here), if anyone is intreasted email him and mension me ..Simon Gill. please let me know if you try him.

michael tierney
06-12-2014, 21:26
sounds like a good offer Simon:)

Cr23g
08-12-2014, 13:18
Got to say iv never heard of liquid masking tape. Thought i was getting the p**s ripped out of me there :ashamed:
Think il go with the flatting idea. Il update with my results when i get back onshore
Cheers guys

Bigfoot
08-12-2014, 14:25
Got to say iv never heard of liquid masking tape. Thought i was getting the p**s ripped out of me there :ashamed:
Think il go with the flatting idea. Il update with my results when i get back onshore
Cheers guys

What you need to watch with the flatting idea is not to lose the metal marks in the badge as you can smooth it out too much with using the wrong stuff