PDA

View Full Version : i want a unit/barn/storage

djinuk
22-01-2009, 13:19
ok basically i have 2 cars i wish to store, aswell as work on. I also have a friend will to go halves with me on renting a barn/unit for this purpose.. problem is there dosent seem to be any real way of searching for these places :(

Penfold aka The Dealer
22-01-2009, 14:19
You can look but problem is people seem to run a mile when u say to store ur cars in/work on... as they think of loud revving engines, scrap cars outside...

but when u do find a unit dont be suprised to find out the cost are very expensive!

djinuk
22-01-2009, 14:25
yea i hear you mate, well i think im going to have a look around this weekend, i would like to think i come across as a decent guy, so ill try the gift of speach, failing that ill lie.. !

RHYSB
22-01-2009, 15:12
we are stuck in the same situation m8 me and my m8 have been looking for about a year but there is just nothing around here!

Penfold aka The Dealer
22-01-2009, 15:28
Your best bet is find a friendly Farmer/Country house and try and say cash in hand etc etc...

Problem is with units you will need Trade Accounts and Traders insurance normally as there normally rented out as a Trade unit etc etc.

gtmatt
22-01-2009, 15:35
friend or family is the best bet ,or word of mouth ,im in the process of finding a barn at the moment , and alot off the farmers are more then welcome as they are nto getting much money these days:)

Penfold aka The Dealer
22-01-2009, 15:37
Luckily for me my Girlfriends Dad has a barn for me, built his own barn for his show tractor... got heating and everything... just in the process of making it bigger for my car's :-)

djinuk
22-01-2009, 15:50
its farmers that i was going to approach to be honest, hopefully they dont want crazy cash but we will see, running water is all i could do with, if i get them im happy.

Sparkie
22-01-2009, 15:54
i pay £140 a month for a 3 car unit. electric is charged seperately.
the farmer has them listed as agricultural use only. . . .

djinuk
22-01-2009, 16:08
damn that sounds spot on sparkie, i would be happy to pay that i recon, i think it would soon be paying for itself on odds and sods on other cars.

tom-e-boi
22-01-2009, 19:08
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

have you tried drakelow industrial estate?..i picked a 5 turbo up from there once,and there was plenty of cars and garages there.
otherwise get a council garage,some where quiet like anslow .just like me!

RICHIE
22-01-2009, 19:13
have you got any room to make your own storage there was a member on here who had a new workshop/garage made for around 4 grand and looked the scnizzle

djinuk
22-01-2009, 22:33
hey , wasnt aware that drakelow had units to let, ive been to a few farms etc this evening and have 2 people i am waiting to hear back off, not got any room to make my own garage unfortunatly :(, ive also applied to the council , just gota wait for the forms lol

tom-e-boi
23-01-2009, 08:10

don't know where bouts in burton you are,but i like to keep horninglow side of the water!!!!!;)

1. if you want a council garage,you've gota phone them every other day..they say they have a waiting list but its either very short or they cant be arsed.as i got one in 2weeks. just pick some where quiet,out of town abit because half the time there never used.

2. as for drakelow,it is a farm. but they have units up there. loads of scrap and projects up there. went up there bout 6 weeks ago and there was a poor renault 4 and a lancia delta turbo sitting in the rain! i cried mate!

3. there's fault industrial estate,other side of tutbury.....loads of units down there.

4. and finally theres a caravan storage place at sudbury..yeah near the prison. my fokes used it years ago. dont know if they would let you work on your car,as it might be storage only.

let me know how you get on,and if i think of any where else il pm you. tom:agree:

tonesGTT
23-01-2009, 13:30
friend or family is the best bet

:agree: My Nan has just offered her garage to me, rent free of course ;) to store my 5 in. Wish id asked her sooner now. Shes only 40 mins down the road too, bonus.

Kenobi
23-01-2009, 15:06
I will share wiv ya if ya find summat good Dj.

tom-e-boi
24-01-2009, 08:59

if kenobi's in iam in then dj.... can you fit 2 raiders in? lol

djinuk
24-01-2009, 10:53
lol , well not found anywhere just yet, i am going to phone around a few places today , i think im going to pop up to that farm in drakelow you mentioned, will keeping shopping around until i find a decent place at a decent price, for the time being i think ill get myself a council garage or somthing as they are pretty damn cheap and i recon id manage to fit at least the 1 205 in there along with a few bits and bobs.

hey tom where abouts in burton do you live? never seen you car thats all