PDA

View Full Version : Track car 'project' mot and sell or break for parts?

tiff_lee
19-10-2014, 13:13
Hi all,

as per title i'm just after some opinions on what to do with my project R5 GTT track car, the car needs very little in order to pass an MOT (wipers and sunvisors pretty much) but i'm just wondering is it worth anymore being sold as a roadgoing track car or should I just break it for parts?

Just to be clear this isn't a sale thread I will create one when I decide on which course of action to take I just wanted some advice on what others think would be best.

Basic spec of car:
Spax coilovers
Sparco roll cage (repainted orange)
Sparco bucket seats (1 on fixed mounts, 1 on dual locking runners)
4 point harnesses
Clio turbines and 4 new (zero miles) goodyear F1 eagles
Polycarb windows all round (bar windscreen)
Front end fully polybushed (powerflex)
Orange silicone hoses (chinese)
Alloy radiator with universal slim fan
Alloy mocal oil cooler
Alloy double intercooler
Fiberglass bonnet (has had some damage on corner where it blew off in the wind!)
Big jim downpipe with lambda boss

Some pictures of the car here, although doesnt look as clean now been sat on drive for quite some time....

http://s148.photobucket.com/user/tiff_lee_photos/library/ebay%20stuff/R5%20GT%20Turbo

Sparkie
21-10-2014, 17:50
it seems these days the prices for whole cars is more than the sum of the parts now....

Bigfoot
21-10-2014, 17:56
If it can pass the MOT with only few alterations as said car prices are higher than the parts put together plus the hassle of breaking them

Matty
21-10-2014, 19:22
I would say, stick an mot on it. And then advertise it as a road car, as that's what most people will want to use it for. :agree:

tiff_lee
21-10-2014, 23:47
I've been looking around for reference prices for the parts, given the fact I could strip all the parts off in a day and i've got more pressing matters to be getting on with i've decided to just strip it. I cba going down the mot route now in case of any snags and it snaffling more of my time.

thanks for the feedback.