PDA

View Full Version : Renault 21T

turbo ted
19-10-2014, 00:27
Hello
Anyone know where you can buy replacement sills for the 21turbo regards rob.

Lewis
19-10-2014, 11:09
Genuine sills come complete with half the A and B pillar.
The rear section of the sill comes complete with the rear quarter and wheel arch.
The are fairly expensive from Renault and don't appear to be available after market.
Is this for Bob? I had a genuine o/s quarter cut and welded on whilst I owned the car.

This picture shows the panels. Let me know if you want part numbers.
http://rtoc.org/files/Technical%20Files/Lewis/21%20sills.JPG

Lewis
19-10-2014, 11:19
Alternatively you could try this company, they list an outer sill for the 21 however it isn't the exact same design as what Renault sell.

http://www.autopanels-castleford.co.uk/webpages/Renault/Renault%20R21.htm

Hope that helps

turbo ted
19-10-2014, 19:44
Hello lewis
These sills are not for Bob as his keeping we'll on 143000miles now, got another 21 tungsten phase 1 that needs alot of welding on sills jacking points,thanks for info lewis auto panels we do fine cheers

Lewis
19-10-2014, 20:08
Good to hear that Bob is still running well.
I think that Roger may have swapped the clocks over at one point (possibly when he modified the ignition setup to the Ph3 coil packs) so I think the true mileage is a little higher than that!

Good luck with the ph1 tungy, stick some photos up on here, it would be good to see a 21 turbo project instead of another 5gtt.

KEV 5 GT
20-10-2014, 12:38
:agree: more info on the 21 is needed back on here bring back the 21 as you say get sick of seening 5s 5s 5s

turbo ted
02-11-2014, 22:16
Good to hear that Bob is still running well.
I think that Roger may have swapped the clocks over at one point (possibly when he modified the ignition setup to the Ph3 coil packs) so I think the true mileage is a little higher than that!

Good luck with the ph1 tungy, stick some photos up on here, it would be good to see a 21 turbo project instead of another 5gtt.

Bob has found some Irish cousins and a red english mate:D

Lewis
02-11-2014, 22:33
Quite a collection you've got there. Are they all yours? Any quadras?

turbo ted
02-11-2014, 23:27
Quite a collection you've got there. Are they all yours? Any quadras?
yes there mine white car will be broken tungy saved and then sell on, the red one is quadra from Essex I collected last week needs tlc now that just epic to drive than the 2 wheel drive 21s so much grip needs more power do as its very heavey car.
just loving the 21s at the moment, and in the process of rebuilding my f7p aswell will update that thread soon.
regards rob.