PDA

View Full Version : induction filter kit fitting

KEV 5 GT
16-10-2014, 00:59
just got myself an induction kit for the 21 is there a guild to fit it out there ? as when ive took the filter box off
there is a switch with 2 wires on and a couple of pipes what do I do with these ?

ren5gord
16-10-2014, 16:08
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

just got myself an induction kit for the 21 is there a guild to fit it out there ? as when ive took the filter box off
there is a switch with 2 wires on and a couple of pipes what do I do with these ?

They control the boost on the turbo. Its electronic on the 21 and map against pedal position

TBH the standard airbox is a good design just put a decent filter in it that way you have a nice cold air feed from the grill.

Mine makes 240bhp using the std airbox with a filter upgrade.

KEV 5 GT
16-10-2014, 18:48
I quite like the filter set I brought hence the reason for change do you know how to bypass the boost cut I here a fuse is in order to bridge it ? is there any diagrams about to help me out at al mate ?

ren5gord
17-10-2014, 10:18

There is no boost cut out on a 21. that valve controls the boost pressure.

I think you may be better leaving the car alone as you dont seem to know much about cars.

KEV 5 GT
17-10-2014, 17:08
I know quite a lot about cars and sorted my 5 out with all the help and info off here I just don't have the info about the 21 as know one seems to want to give out the information on the 21 like the 5 for some unknown reason ??? everyone seems to disconnect the 5 boost cut but why not the 21 :confused:

ren5gord
19-10-2014, 19:50

Ok sorry,

You are probably best off looking on www.turborenault there are some good people on their.

The airfilter won't make any real difference the best upgrade is a 3in straight through exhaust from the turbo back and you can wire in a switch to trick the boost control valve(amel valve) to run 18psi instead. I'll see if i can find you the wiring diagram.

The stand ecu limits boost untill water temp is above 50c which is good and the boost is mapped to pedal position but its nice to just over ride it to 18psi when is warm and at higher road speeds overwise it just ends up spinning the wheels.

You also want 357 injectors out a of a volvo 740 turbo (i think) before you do that though.

There is no boost cut out on a 21 turbo, but running much more than 18 - 20psi is risky as if it does start to knock it will split a liner.

Lewis
19-10-2014, 20:02
There is a boost cut out switch on a 21. However they can be bypassed or adjusted to a higher pressure cut out. The cut out switch is located underneath the black plastic ecu cover on the N/S turret. Two components underneath have a vaccum hose connected to them, one being the MAP sensor the other being the cut out switch.

Hope that helps.

KEV 5 GT
20-10-2014, 12:25
yes that's what im looking to do if there is a diagram you could send me with as much info as possible that would be great ive also joined up to turborenault but the best lad to speak to doesent wanna give much away dave456 think he is ...do the injectors fit straight in ? I have been told cossie green will do as well ?
or are these what I need ? 4 Bosch 0280 150 804 green injectors 1998 volvo 940 with b23ft engine

Lewis
20-10-2014, 19:13
DaveL485 aka Dave Sibley is a good guy any knows more than most about the 21.

You won't need to remove the cut off switch if you adjust the cut out pressure and its a nice safety device.

Bosch 804 injectors are generally considered to over fuel if they are fitted without a remap.

The Bosch 357 injectors are what you require although I always think a remap should not be ignored when modifying the 21.
The 357 injectors are generally considered ok to fit without a remap without causing bore wash issues.
What sort of boost pressure are you planning to run? Too much will still damage the engine internals.

KEV 5 GT
20-10-2014, 19:36
yh I know if the injectors are to big then that can be an issue im thinking of running 18psi on stock engine but have been told from a few others thay can take 21psi but most stick to 18 that's why I wanna stick to that until I sort out some injectors fuel pump and pressure reg ect

you carnt remap the 21 can you ? ph1

turbo ted
26-10-2014, 19:26
Air filter position on 21bob