PDA

View Full Version : Front springs/dampers...

Spooky
20-01-2009, 20:33
Right, I've got another GTT on the way...:D...

Obviously I will want to lower the bitch but I was wandering...is there any spring supplier that sells a front spring that is -60mm ?

I have read in peoples profiles/specs etc but can't remember whos actually got a set :sad2: :D

Any help would be appreciated :)

mightymanx
21-01-2009, 00:02
i new id seen them some were a quick look on the net and i found them :D
larkspeed do them mate there apex lowers 60mm and only 58£ batgain heres the link

https://www.larkspeed.com/index.pl?a=i&p=3513RN1020&part=Renault-5-GT-Turbo-X-Low-Apex-Lowering-Sports-Spring-Kit

Spooky
21-01-2009, 06:40
You beauty :D

jure
21-01-2009, 07:29
I had Apex -60mm and they lowered car less than Sparco -50mm that i have at the moment. :crap:

Spooky
21-01-2009, 11:47
That's a bit strange LOL

jure
21-01-2009, 12:16
No it isn't since IMHO Apex is last piece of crap. I know because i had Apex shocks and springs and now i have Koni adjustables with Sparco spring and difference is enormous.

There is lot of cases where Eibach or H&R on Clio 1 and 2 have -50mm declaration and lower car from 25mm to 35mm. It just depends on how much models that same spring can be fitted and with which shock you are combining it.

Trust me, if money isn't issue stay away from Apex ;)

raj
11-02-2009, 13:53
spooky, have you fitted any springs yet.?

i fancy some lower ones as im not happy with the height of mine. ive got 16"wheels with 195/40/16 tyres and there still a fair gap between the top of the tyre and the bottom of the bodykit arch. i think ive got 30mm springs on there at the mo i think.
im wanting the tyre tucked slightly under the arch if i can? is this possible without coilovers?

anyone got any pics of 16s with a slammed front end.?

Chris Hebden
11-02-2009, 14:22
spooky, have you fitted any springs yet.?

i fancy some lower ones as im not happy with the height of mine. ive got 16"wheels with 195/40/16 tyres and there still a fair gap between the top of the tyre and the bottom of the bodykit arch. i think ive got 30mm springs on there at the mo i think.
im wanting the tyre tucked slightly under the arch if i can? is this possible without coilovers?

anyone got any pics of 16s with a slammed front end.?

I hope you mean you want the rears to be tucked under the arch??! Thought you were getting rid anyway bud ;)!

raj
11-02-2009, 16:27
I hope you mean you want the rears to be tucked under the arch??! Thought you were getting rid anyway bud ;)!

no! i mean i want the fronts slightly tucked under (aswell as the back).

and yes, im most definately selling up.:) its just i cant let it go without knowing everything is in check:sad: the suspension isnt the most important thing really, ive still got to sus out the rad fan problem:scratch:

Spooky
12-02-2009, 11:03
ahh, got ya now raj :laugh:...

you'll need coilovers raj if you want the tyre under the arch!

im fitting coilovers now :laugh:

a - 50mm drop on 16s would look good, giving close to what you want, im sure the - 60's would be even closer to what you were after!

one way to find out aint there...:cooter:

tubby5
12-02-2009, 11:16
abp motorsport used to sell lowering springs that made the tyre tuck under the arch slightly,not sure if there still around though as it was many moons ago when i bought some of them

raj
12-02-2009, 12:10
i suppose the only problem with using a really low spring with shocks is that the shock may bottom out yes.?? ive got koni yellow on the front and im sure it state on there website not to go any lower that 30mm with there shocks:crap:

Spooky
12-02-2009, 12:52
i guess so fella.

hence why coilovers are preferred for extreme height adjustment.

jure
12-02-2009, 12:55
As mentioned before I have Sparco -50mm on my Konis and they are very close to the bottom. 10mm more would put Konis on very hard test :crap:

The shaft on "classic" shock is too long to place short springs. If you combine it with longer but softer springs (custom made) than you will have almost three "dead" rings while entering the corner which would greatly influence the steering. In bad direction...

Brigsy
12-02-2009, 15:24
Its quite easy to bottom out coilovers if you want to go lower than -60mm. My avo's bottomed out easily without going mega low.