PDA

View Full Version : A big hello to all

Tillax
20-01-2009, 18:42
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Hi there, I just joined so hello.

Firstly I joined in order to apologise to an RTOC member/s who I accidentally p!ssed off, whoops. But secondly, I'd been thinking about joining for a while now, as I think its a great site. I wonder how many cars have been kept on the road by the advice and knowledge shared on this site?

I am now the owner of my second GTT, the first one I blew up after driving it as fast as I could make it go everytime I drove it, (I was 21 at the time and unable to afford to look after it :sad2:, and this site didn't exist then, I'm not sure if the internet did either!!!).

But... the one I've got now is I'm proud to say in better nick than my first one ever was and I enjoy driving it just as much if not more. I have also decided that I will never sell it or buy another car (unless its a Lambo, or maybe one of those Evora things or an R8).

I will be wanting to get some advice about suspension options, boost pressure and towing eye covers, but for now...

A big hello

Bigfoot
20-01-2009, 18:50
Welcome to the club, good on you for posting in that topic apoligising about your comment we do feel rather strongly on certain topics

I wonder how many cars have been kept on the road by the advice and knowledge shared on this site? As for that. not sure about kept on the road :laugh: just everyone likes doing work on the cars themselves so a lot of them are parked up on the driveway being worked on by themselves or local members of the club helping them out

raj
20-01-2009, 18:50
welcome buddy:satan:

Penfold aka The Dealer
20-01-2009, 18:53
Who'd ya p*ss off?

lol Welcome to the club

MR TURBO
20-01-2009, 18:57
read the Fifth gear thread but i'd like to think it has been forgotten and also forgiven welcome aboard dude :agree:

Tillax
20-01-2009, 19:04

Big steve and Mart, I posted a comment on the Fifth Gear website because I was gutted that the twingo 'beat' the R5. Big Steve thought I was insulting his car but I wasn't, I was having a go at Fifth Gear for not setting a level playing field.

Mart thought my comments came from someone who didn't now what he was talking about... and you know what... he was right! :laugh:

Coops
20-01-2009, 19:09
welcome matey, car looks tidy

Beardo
20-01-2009, 19:50
howdo chap and welcome to the madness :D

RICHIE
20-01-2009, 19:54

Big steve and Mart, I posted a comment on the Fifth Gear website because I was gutted that the twingo 'beat' the R5. Big Steve thought I was insulting his car but I wasn't, I was having a go at Fifth Gear for not setting a level playing field.

Mart thought my comments came from someone who didn't now what he was talking about... and you know what... he was right! :laugh:

mart is usually right thats why he has his own smiley:mart:

welcome to the club mate

Tiny Tim
20-01-2009, 19:56
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Blick
20-01-2009, 19:58

lol! :laugh::laugh: welcome mate, nice lookin 5 :agree:

Tillax
20-01-2009, 20:41

welcome matey, car looks tidy

Thanks very much, it's been a labour of love. I've had one big drive towards getting it to the state that its in now and I'm about to start another. Eventually it will end up looking like it did when it rolled out the factory.

Big Steve - Raider
16-02-2009, 16:03
As previously mentioned, all is cool :cool:

Welcome to the club!! :D

J$£5GTT
16-02-2009, 20:29
heya!!!!! :p:guitarhero:....im not crazy....:smokin:

mightymanx
17-02-2009, 02:01
ive never had a silver 5 b4 had pretty much every other standard coulor looks top banana :wasntme: