PDA

View Full Version : Re: Renault 11 Turbo rear drum brakes phase 1

Mr Raider
28-09-2014, 22:03
Rear brakes been not working as they should on the phase 1 so have taken the brake drum off. They appear to be Bendix with cylinder that has 2 pistons on. How many variations of rear brakes is there? Need to order 2 new cylinders, set of shoes & also 2 new wheel bearings.

Mr Raider
28-09-2014, 22:05
Just wondering if the silver bits on either side behind the gold bit of the shoes, is in fact part of the shoes or a bracket on the backplate?

Have had a look at ebay for replacement shoes, cylinders, and wheel bearings.

Tutuur
29-09-2014, 07:17
Looks the same as the rear drums on my 9, pic is small though

Bigfoot
29-09-2014, 08:45
They have just a choice of Bendix or TRW Brake Cylinders. No variations of the same make. Very cheap for parts and available

Mr Raider
29-09-2014, 13:39
Ok mate thanks, can I order them from Motor Parts Direct? Have a branch in Norwich. Have heard Bendix can be of an early & late type?!

Picture should expand if its clicked on :)

Bigfoot
29-09-2014, 14:22
Ok mate thanks, can I order them from Motor Parts Direct? Have a branch in Norwich. Have heard Bendix can be of an early & late type?!

Picture should expand if its clicked on :)

Yes, if you contact Norwich branch they can order it in for you.

Not sure on what ones come fitted really, a lot car manufacturers just pick and choose, worse I have seen it for Peugeot :crap:

Mr Raider
29-09-2014, 21:56
Thanks fella, I called the Norwich Branch and they said they do a kit with a pair of cylinders, and a set of shoes that are £54.00 plus a £10.00 carriage fee as special order from Germany. Just really conscious of trying to source the correct ones first time.

Found this link which gives a picture of the 4 variations, think my money is on option
2/4 or 3/4 just which one of the two :(

http://www.doctorcarparts.co.uk/brake-shoes-renault-11.htm

Mr Raider
29-09-2014, 22:04
Have this diagram too...

Bigfoot
30-09-2014, 08:28
They quoted for the TRW super kit which contains

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51dlQOf-TpL.jpg

Mr Raider
30-09-2014, 12:43
Thanks Dale, kit looks exactly whats on the car & what I need. See it comes with fitting kit, silver metal arms behind the shoes too. Just to clarify,- wheel bearings included too? :agree: :)

Mr Raider
12-10-2014, 21:56
Ok, so have stripped the rear brakes on the 11 both sides, this kit looks spot on as to what I need, does it have a reference number? :cool:

Mr Raider
16-10-2014, 23:02
Picked the TRW super kit up at lunchtime, looks absolutely spot on with everything needed to replace the rear brakes on the 11 turbo this weekend ready for MOT. :cool:

Bigfoot
17-10-2014, 10:12
Picked the TRW super kit up at lunchtime, looks absolutely spot on with everything needed to replace the rear brakes on the 11 turbo this weekend ready for MOT. :cool:

That's good mate, good luck with the MOT

Mr Raider
17-10-2014, 12:25
Thanks Dale, looking to get rear brakes fitted this weekend, do a few miles to bed them in and MOT end of October, fingers crossed for a 28 year old car lol.:coffee:

Motor Parts Direct were a good price for the kit cheaper than ebay, helpful too just relieved to source new parts :)

Mr Raider
19-10-2014, 22:13
All fitted and the car back on its wheels. Took it down the road and now it seems the nearside rear drum gets hotter than the offside, think I need a new wheel bearing as it does not sit right on the spindle of the stub axle :scratch: :confused:.