PDA

View Full Version : GTT vs Clio1 Steering Wheel fitment

Woznaldo
16-09-2014, 11:12
A search didn't tell me so for those that have experimented, are the GTT and Clio1 Steering Wheel splines the same? Are the Steering Wheels interchangeable?

Goobie
17-09-2014, 00:51
The hub/boss groove pattern are, BUT, on the Clio the indicator trip lug is further out from center meaning it won't fit/work on the GTT unless you cut it off and reweld. As for the screw hole part on the actual steering wheel, they are interchangeable. :agree:

Woznaldo
17-09-2014, 10:33
Thanks Goobie, the reason I ask is that Demon Tweeks doesn't sell (at least not on the website) a steering wheel boss for OMP/MOMO/Sparco wheels, but they do for a Clio1.

Edit: OMP list a boss for the Super 5 (GT Turbo) P/N:
OD/1960RE106

so maybe an email to DT or go through YBRacing (eBay).

Goobie
17-09-2014, 15:12
I do actually have both R5 and Clio Standard Hub and Mono/Sparco Hub boss kit aswell as Clio and R5 Steering Collum and both steering wheels, problem is, god knows where I put what for testing. Are you just after the hub to fit R5 with aftermarket steering wheel? :confused:

Woznaldo
18-09-2014, 04:11
Yeah, I want to extend the steering wheel so it's closer to me and all the 'off the shelf' extenders are of the Sparco/MOMO/OMP type fitment. So an OMP style R5 Boss together with an extender and OMP Wheel (possibly dished) will give me the extension I'm looking for.