PDA

View Full Version : The Stig REVEALED!

Spidey
20-01-2009, 11:31
It seems a real shame the idiot papers got this info, IMO they have ruined it for most. :dearme:

The Stig has been revealed as Bristol based driver, Ben Collins.

Ex American speedway driver, formula 3 champion and Bonds stunt driver double.

A sad day for motorsport I think. :(

Ian S
20-01-2009, 11:37
IIRC, someone already told us that in this club some time ago, maybe a couple of years.

If we knew, then probably most car club active members knew.

Apparently a previous one was Perry McCarthy, GT1 driver and resident of Eastern London where one of our members lived and knew him from the pub, or something like that.

IIRC, in between there was another driver whos name I forget.

MR TURBO
20-01-2009, 11:56
Why the hell did they do that not knowing who he was added to the thrill of the STIG......Thats almost like telling a kid that santa claus aint real and tooth fairys are a pack of lies and its your mom and dad giving you the money .....It aint gonna be the same watching him anymore when they say STIG i'll say ben :cry::cry::cry:

Spidey
20-01-2009, 12:00
Yeah its a real shame, I just hope TopGear sue the pants of the Daily Mail! I think it was them who published it.... But who ever it is I hope they get ripped to bits for it.

Apparently the question "Who is the Stig" is in the ten most asked questions ever, at ASK.com

You right it's never gonna be the same again:dearme:

Will be interesting to see if they say anything about it when the new ones start.

Apparently though, He wont get fired like McCarthy did and will remain the Stig. who knows.....

MR TURBO
20-01-2009, 12:06
Until they fire him off hms excellence too and leave us with just a glove!!!!!! LOL :laugh::laugh:

Chris Hebden
20-01-2009, 12:17
:laugh: Oh dear, if your not happy with it being published why have you gone and published it your self ;)?

Spidey
20-01-2009, 12:24
:laugh: Oh dear, if your not happy with it being published why have you gone and published it your self ;)?

It wasnt me "publishing" it was it, I posted it on our forum so petrol heads and TopGear fans in RTOC can discuss it.

It's already out in the papers so sooner or later people are going to know anyway.

I posted it in the club to see what others thought.

Bigfoot
20-01-2009, 12:25
Yeah thanx, I did not read this on any forum or newspaper until now :cry:

Chris Hebden
20-01-2009, 12:27
It wasnt me "publishing" it was it, I posted it on our forum so petrol heads and TopGear fans in RTOC can discuss it.

It's already out in the papers so sooner or later people are going to know anyway.

I posted it in the club to see what others thought.

I am just yanking your chain bud, Like Dale i hadnt heard about this till now

Spidey
20-01-2009, 12:29
Well to be honest, I knew it was quite 'new' news but not brand new, thought only a hand full of people hadnt heard about it.

Sorry if I've been the barer of bad news to people :p:cooter:

D4WNO
20-01-2009, 12:31
Blimey, who cares!? :wasntme: It's all common knowledge anyway

It makes no difference to ANYTHING in the world....EVER

Chris Hebden
20-01-2009, 12:36
Harsh words Miss Dawn! I have been crushed twice in a day now :cry:

clee
20-01-2009, 12:37
I couldn't care less who hell he ...The gimmick is still there .....
Here's a pic .....

Spidey
20-01-2009, 12:38
Blimey, who cares!? :wasntme: It's all common knowledge anyway

It makes no difference to ANYTHING in the world....EVER

Oh man, wish I never posted it now.... :rolleyes:

I'll delete it before the heard arives this evening....:crap:

Tiny Tim
20-01-2009, 12:39
I couldn't care less who hell he ...The gimmick is still there .....
Here's a pic .....

LMFAO! :laugh::agree:

Chris Hebden
20-01-2009, 12:47
LMFAO! :laugh::agree:

The heard is here ;)

D4WNO
20-01-2009, 12:47
Oh man, wish I never posted it now.... :rolleyes:

I'll delete it before the heard arives this evening....:crap:

You gave your opinion, then I gave mine. No need to cry over it young man :laugh:

Tiny Tim
20-01-2009, 12:48
The heard is here ;)

Yarp. You can only spend so much time on the ****ter at work.

I'll be honest, I wont lose any sleep over knowing who it is. Be a shame if they sack him though.

Mr_Dave
20-01-2009, 22:23
Well, it was Ben Collins a couple of years back ;) He was certainly The Stig when they did the 24 hour race in the diesel bimmer at Silverstone.

It wasn't much of a secret tbh....! :eek::laugh::wasntme::)

Duncan Grier
20-01-2009, 22:27
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/4286448/Wh...The-answer.html

It is not Ben I am the stig, don't tell anyone :D

Beardo
20-01-2009, 22:29
Yarp. You can only spend so much time on the ****ter at work.

I'll be honest, I wont lose any sleep over knowing who it is. Be a shame if they sack him though.

Tho if they do sack him i can be the new stig .... mini stig and my helmet would have a beard on it :D

TNT Tricky Nicky
21-01-2009, 00:20
I've never been that intereted in finding out who he was to be honest and I probably wouldn't have kno his name if it wasn't for this thread. Haven't read any of the links so still have no idea who he is. I like the idea of the stig, I don't care who it is as long as they push the cars they're driving to the limits showing total control.

Kenobi
21-01-2009, 18:11
Well thanks for telling me but i still dont know who this Ben chap is. LOL

J$£5GTT
21-01-2009, 18:17
i know
;)

Bigfoot
21-01-2009, 18:28
i know
;)

You know :eek: