PDA

View Full Version : cooling fan

Charlie
22-08-2014, 19:20
Hi Guys, took the 5 out for a spin today, just got back to the house and I noticed the temp was going very high. When I stopped I opened the bonnet and noticed the fan hadn't come on, hope I haven't done any damage to the engine. Where do I start to check.:scratch:

kentraider
22-08-2014, 19:43
Hi Guys, took the 5 out for a spin today, just got back to the house and I noticed the temp was going very high. When I stopped I opened the bonnet and noticed the fan hadn't come on, hope I haven't done any damage to the engine. Where do I start to check.:scratch:

Check the relay which is near the alternator buddy....maybe need a lil wiggle or a new relay...take it off and clean up the connections with a bit of emery cloth....

Charlie
22-08-2014, 20:08
Check the relay which is near the alternator buddy....maybe need a lil wiggle or a new relay...take it off and clean up the connections with a bit of emery cloth....

Cheers mate, got it sorted, replaced relay. :)

Trevhib
22-08-2014, 21:07
If the red light on the temp gauge didn't come on then I doubt you'll have done any damage whatsoever :agree:

Charlie
23-08-2014, 14:58
If the red light on the temp gauge didn't come on then I doubt you'll have done any damage whatsoever :agree:

That's ok it didn't come on.:)