PDA

View Full Version : Part no. Clio 172 fan switch

Matt Cole
18-01-2009, 22:05
Im needing the part no. for a clio 172, 1.4 etc fan switch. Its not the screw in type, but the electronic type that has an element touching the radiator. Ta

Matt Cole
19-01-2009, 12:54
bump

James5
19-01-2009, 13:10
Matt, I have had a look on my Renault Dialogy's and am unable to find the part number. I know it's location as it is attached to the rad fan cowling (from memory of looking @ mine). I will try again tonight when I get home from work suppose I could always look @ my rad as I am using the full 172 coolant setup and see if it has got the part number on the actual part.

Matt Cole
19-01-2009, 18:08
thanks james. i bet its a bloody reno oddball!!! Have you wired yours up yet mate?? What mine is doing is setting the fan off on low power even when cold ie it wont switch off! Not sure exactly how its wired up on the 172, but i presume it just operates like the normal screwin type switch?:crap:

Ashy
19-01-2009, 19:17
im not sure they do Mat, just thinking about when I had the 182 in bits I've got a feeling theres something strange with them... Like variable speed or similar?!?

Matt Cole
19-01-2009, 19:19
im not sure they do Mat, just thinking about when I had the 182 in bits I've got a feeling theres something strange with them... Like variable speed or similar?!?

That would make sense mate. Does yours run from when you put the ignition on? It may do on low rpm and ramp up when the rad is hot??

Ashy
19-01-2009, 19:21
no it only runs at a certain temp but I think if it gets hotter it speeds up... Don't quote me on that tho!!

Matt Cole
19-01-2009, 19:24
Ah fek. There is a resistor of some sort, which im wondering if its capputt. I wonder why its setting the fan off as soon as its connected up?

Adey aka Ewok
19-01-2009, 21:00
i took that bit off, its a variable speed resistor, mine runs flat out when it comes on no issues

Matt Cole
19-01-2009, 21:17
i took that bit off, its a variable speed resistor, mine runs flat out when it comes on no issues

Which bit have you took off adey?? The resistor itself??

James5
19-01-2009, 22:17
I have had a look matey and there are no part number on it and I have been through my dialogys for the clio 172 and can't find this part at all:(

I take it the pic attached is what you mean, I have had it off and no part numbers I will do a search on the cliosport web site matey in a bit may have some luck there

Adey aka Ewok
19-01-2009, 22:18
yeah man, i ditched the stock rad and fan for smaller ones. Ive just wired the new fan up on exsisting wires with that resistor unpluged

Matt Cole
19-01-2009, 22:30
yeah man, i ditched the stock rad and fan for smaller ones. Ive just wired the new fan up on exsisting wires with that resistor unpluged

Adey are you saying that your ecu is controlling the rad fan and not the switch??

Matt Cole
19-01-2009, 22:32
I have had a look matey and there are no part number on it and I have been through my dialogys for the clio 172 and can't find this part at all:(

I take it the pic attached is what you mean, I have had it off and no part numbers I will do a search on the cliosport web site matey in a bit may have some luck there

If im right mate, that device aint a fan switch. I think the ecu switches on the fan and that device regulates the fan speed. If thats the case i cant use it!! Bstard :mad:

Adey aka Ewok
20-01-2009, 08:09
on my car yes the stock ecu controls the fan as there is no switch as such :agree: