PDA

View Full Version : Pod this sat?

Nottswoody
06-08-2014, 22:20
Anyone going rwyb?

Anyone?

Nottswoody
08-08-2014, 21:19
[QUOTE=Nottswoody;380995]Anyone going rwyb?

Anyone?

Nottswoody
09-08-2014, 23:30
14.2 quarter mile trap speed 99 nearly got the big 100mph need slicks and not to have a boot full of spares and tools.. Will hopefully get a 13-13.5 in September :) ran like a dream :agree:

Hoolio
10-08-2014, 06:09
Was that your vid? Getting trounced by the mini ;) Fair play for posting that, he must have lightning reactions.

Nottswoody
10-08-2014, 07:14
Not so much lightning reactions more I was slow and looking at the wrong light :cry: honest it was my first go with the b18 and living 100 miles away I didn't know how good my build was :confused: got my faith and on the 2nd run planted it and beat the evo 6.. Much better but still feel I could of done better but stuff queuing an hr at a time.. I was there for times not for scalps :) I think with slicks and minor weight loss I could do better so that's the way I'm going I was happy as my bud in the stands said it sounded great looked great and didn't miss a beat.. Back in September..

Matty
10-08-2014, 07:41
Was that your vid? Getting trounced by the mini ;) Fair play for posting that, he must have lightning reactions.

Haha, you'd be surprised how quick they can be. ;) I'm gunning for mid 12s next year.

Nottswoody - what power/weight are you running?

Hoolio
10-08-2014, 07:44
Yeah i would have got a buzz from beating the evo as well :)

Nottswoody
10-08-2014, 07:52
Haha, you'd be surprised how quick they can be. ;) I'm gunning for mid 12s next year.

Nottswoody - what power/weight are you running?

It was a turbo mini and it was track prepared it was sweet as it's mini day at pod today..

This is were I went wrong....

215bhp and standard 5 boot had

Spare wheel
5ltr of water and 5ltr of oil
Tools
Trolley jack and our bags

Next time back seats and everything's coming out and getting some 6" mt slicks I think it's a must for the launch :wasntme:

Matty
10-08-2014, 08:09
That's not bad going if you were fully loaded. What 60fts were you getting? I was amased to see how quickly R5s seem to launch when I looked at the leader board.

I heard there was a massive head wind yesterday and will be the same today. I'm heading over shortly...fingers crossed the tracks open.

Nottswoody
10-08-2014, 08:13
That's not bad going if you were fully loaded. What 60fts were you getting? I was amased to see how quickly R5s seem to launch when I looked at the leader board.

I heard there was a massive head wind yesterday and will be the same today. I'm heading over shortly...fingers crossed the tracks open.

Head wind was massive bud all day none stop.. It's given out rain all day hasn't it? My buds are camping but there mad :agree:

1st 60ft on road tyres was 2.7737 that's when I was asleep

2nd 2.4

I'm still learning how to handle this b18 and it seems it's just flat out it can take it :smokin:

Nottswoody
10-08-2014, 08:14
The videos are on fb page nothing amazing but I loved it :) I can't
Load them on here and you tube just keeps saying failed :scared:

R5MJH
10-08-2014, 08:51
well done paul great effort you can use the rtoc youtube channel easy mate just follow instructions on post 1 matey:agree:

failing that ill grab off fb later on mikes account and up on rtoc youtube for ya

Matty
10-08-2014, 08:58
Anyone got a link to the fb page? The RTOC one I've found hasn't been posted on since march by the looks of things?

Bigfoot
10-08-2014, 09:02
RTOC one gets posts all the time. You need to join the group as we need to accept the request

Nottswoody
10-08-2014, 09:21
well done paul great effort you can use the rtoc youtube channel easy mate just follow instructions on post 1 matey:agree:

failing that ill grab off fb later on mikes account and up on rtoc youtube for ya

Please do I'm a tec phobe I can't even get the go pro to hi quality as my iPhone/pad can't handle it..

Matty
10-08-2014, 09:25
RTOC one gets posts all the time. You need to join the group as we need to accept the request

How do I join the group? I can only seem to follow at the moment?

Bigfoot
10-08-2014, 09:28
How do I join the group? I can only seem to follow at the moment?

It should say join group

Matty
10-08-2014, 09:43
Nope. :(

If I go on the page it just says like, follow.

If I search for new groups, all the others say join, on the right hand side, and the RTOC one only says "like"?

Bigfoot
10-08-2014, 09:56
Nope. :(

If I go on the page it just says like, follow.

If I search for new groups, all the others say join, on the right hand side, and the RTOC one only says "like"?

If you search for RTOC it comes up with two?

Matty
10-08-2014, 16:54
There are a few groups named RTOC, but only one that's for the R5.

Nottswoody
11-08-2014, 17:21
Thought my exhaust was blowing... Nope turbo was coming off :ashamed: that could of been embarrassing :p perhaps I could of got better time after all :scared:

Matty
11-08-2014, 18:00
Ah yeah, that wouldn't help. :ashamed:

I was chatting to my mate on Sunday at pod, and he told me he was up against an R5 on Saturday...and it looks like it was you he was up against. He's just had his dynod last week at over 200+ and weighed in at less than 600kgs so not all bad, as you ran similar times.

Nottswoody
11-08-2014, 18:17
Ah yeah, that wouldn't help. :ashamed:

I was chatting to my mate on Sunday at pod, and he told me he was up against an R5 on Saturday...and it looks like it was you he was up against. He's just had his dynod last week at over 200+ and weighed in at less than 600kgs so not all bad, as you ran similar times.

I dont understand it all i spoke to your mate and he said he did a trap of 109mph time 14.2
But my best trap was 99mph also 14.2 :confused:
I really enjoyed the drag thing i think its the way forward for me.

But no more mods :wasntme: honest weight loss is next i think

Matty
11-08-2014, 18:52
In a mini it's hard to get traction off the line, especially when you get the weight down. you are fighting it all the way through 1st and 2nd, and loose lots of time. I think Simon was running staged boost which he switched in 3rd gear, and said he was also bouncing a off the limiter 3/4 track too.

My best trap speed is 115mph and that was only a low 13, I've seen people in the 11s with trap speeds like that, most frustrating! :rolleyes:

I don't know how much launch control is used with you R5 boys, but its seems to help a lot with the minis with getting the 60ft times down.

Are you running staged boost on yours?

Markey Mark (BD)
11-08-2014, 20:27
That's good going for first outing mate, nice to see it ran like a dream too :agree:

Definitely room for improvement with abit of weight lose/transfer and a set of slicks
With a better launch you would of hit 13's already but the more you do it the better you will be

Took me a fair few attempts to get it right before getting the 12's I use to do

Nottswoody
11-08-2014, 21:02
Yer it was ok but be better next time hopefully :scared: just couldn't be botherd waiting all that time cueing up.. Tried explaining to the guys at work that 14sec is still a quick motor lol they were having none of it:dearme: need to get off right hit the limiter every gear and don't change from 3rd to early revs high and keep it spooling.. Lessons have been learnt hopefully

Anyone else going on the 27th sept?

R5MJH
11-08-2014, 22:02
Anyone else going on the 27th sept?

here paul
http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=37581

quite a few of us are going weather dependant thou:agree::agree:

R5MJH
12-08-2014, 00:50
your video on rtoc channel on youtube sir:agree::agree:

nottswoodys 14.2 09/08/2014:agree::agree:

http://youtu.be/FxL9SOVE-Us (http://youtu.be/FxL9SOVE-Us)