PDA

View Full Version : Megane Maxi Coupe Turbo

Bruce - BHPerformance
17-01-2009, 15:35
Well here goes project Maxi has started.

2.0l 16v F7R engined Megane coupe.

The Maxi F2 bodyconversion has been ordered and should be here early next week. Wheels are going to be 8x18 front and 9 or 10x18 rears to fill the kit out fully.
It will have wide track front and rear to allow for normal offset wheels and not 3 piece to keep the costs down.
I am looking into the possibilty of another renaults back axle fitting with a wider track like a Laguna or similar. I want to make a lightweight custom axle but costs prohibit this currently.
The front will have revised track and wheels will be moved further forward in the arch as per the original Maxi. I am going to use laguna hubs and driveshafts and modify or custom make the wishbones and topmounts.
I have got massive front brakes as used on the Ascari Supercar supplied by Gav :)
Initially interior will stay std leather and just get tarted up/cleaned and it will be keeping the comforts like power steering and air con for those long hot summer drives to the ring etc.
The engine will be turbo'd up to about 300bhp eventually and a decent gearbox and LSD will be added when funds allow.
Not sure what to do with the paint yet but intend to keep the yellow as a base for the paintjob. Anyone good with photoshop want to help me decide what i want to do?

I will keep you informed with progress and as many pictures as I can as long as I remember to take the camera with me. Work on the body will begin as soon as the kit arrives and I hope to have it on the road and painted by March/April time.

Basic jobs to do other than the kit include renewing the gearbox with one from my spares Laguna, sorting the non opening drivers side rear and passenger side front windows, getting the heater fan to blow and finding out why the rad fan is going constantly even with engine turned off.

If you know anyone with a yellow (or any colour) megane coupe who needs a pair of front wings, front and rear bumpers or rear boot spoiler then please feel free to send them in my direction as they will be removed probably next week ready for kit going on.

If anyone has any info about the original Maxi Meganes like the Renault build manual or anything then please let me know as it may come in handy with the build etc.

Cheers,

Bruce.

Bruce - BHPerformance
17-01-2009, 15:53
This could be a good pic to use for the photoshop if anyone wants to have a go.
I am thinking along the lines of the Renault 5 Maxi as driven by Carlos Sainz but more yellow than white.

Chris Hebden
17-01-2009, 16:11
What have you got in mind for the box Bruce? Going on the 5 you produced this is going to look amazing!

Bruce - BHPerformance
17-01-2009, 16:12
Well if i win the lottery it will be a 6 speed sequential but more than likely a 172 box with an LSD from Quaife.

Kris M
17-01-2009, 16:34
Looking forward to watching this Brucie ;):D

Beardo
17-01-2009, 17:15
Bruce get in contact with Maxiboy on here as he has alot of the maxi info hence his name :D

Andrew Cooke
17-01-2009, 18:35
I was at the Megane launch in Barcelona '95, they had a Maxi there to show off. I was struck by how bonkers wide it was, and how close the driver's head was to the roll cage at the A pillar.

Are you going for 5 stud hubs?

Bruce - BHPerformance
17-01-2009, 18:38
I am thinking about it. V6 laguna?

Bruce - BHPerformance
24-01-2009, 00:11
Bodykit finally arrived 23/01/09.

Just got to decide on wheels now!:scratch:

Chris Hebden
26-01-2009, 08:43
Got to be some compomotive wheels?

rs250nut
26-01-2009, 19:11
Dont know if you have seen this but, the master at work

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jLo-tF4YxSk

Blick
26-01-2009, 19:30
Dont know if you have seen this but, the master at work

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jLo-tF4YxSk

Jean Ragnotti is a renault legend! did u see them drops!? **** that...... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Bruce - BHPerformance
18-02-2009, 22:47
I have decided to not put updates on here as i am doing it on the coupe club so check it out for progress.
http://www.coupe-club.co.uk/showthread.php?t=44934

raj
19-02-2009, 10:59
so you went for the prima kit then:)
im just down the road from them and a few yrs back i would always see there maxi megane flying around. it looked wide as hell. it was yellow and had DEEEEP dish image rims with blue centres. looked and went very well.:cool:

Bruce - BHPerformance
23-02-2009, 22:50
Matt from the Coupe club bought the prima car with the front corner smashed up. He rebuilt it and now its painted in the yellow/blue colour scheme with graphics.

I am fitting the proper 6 spoke 8x18"s with wide track suspension to push the wheels out to the arches. :)