PDA

View Full Version : Renault 5 gt turbo complete bottom end

Dawsie
22-06-2014, 22:50
I'm looking for a complete running bottom end for renault 5 gt turbo as my piston ring have gone and have been told it's easier just changing the bottom end, thanks

Markey Mark (BD)
23-06-2014, 08:12
Its a days work to change the rings mate ;)

Dawsie
23-06-2014, 08:40
I'm no good with stuff like that tho! I wish I could do it my self as I would rather keep that bottom end! But Michael was saying it would just be easier changing the bottom end!

James5
23-06-2014, 09:04
Agree with Mark fix what you got :agree: or get a local member whom knows his stuff to help or do it

Markey Mark (BD)
23-06-2014, 11:51
I'm no good with stuff like that tho! I wish I could do it my self as I would rather keep that bottom end! But Michael was saying it would just be easier changing the bottom end!

If you want guidence/help doing it i don't mind, as you say if you want to keep your bottom end its prob better way. Trouble with used bottom ends you can never tell what they really like till they run

GARY GRWTURBO
23-06-2014, 13:41
If you want guidence/help doing it i don't mind, as you say if you want to keep your bottom end its prob better way. Trouble with used bottom ends you can never tell what they really like till they run

wink wink pay mark a days money job done:D:agree:

Dawsie
23-06-2014, 14:17
Lol, How much would you charge mark?? The only thing is the car is at mine and has no tax and MOT so can't drive it to you!

Dawsie
23-06-2014, 15:37
I think me and micheal are going to give it a go, can we leave the engine in and take the head off and sump off?

R5MJH
23-06-2014, 15:43
yep you can do it that way mate just make sure you lock the liners in place though:agree:

Markey Mark (BD)
23-06-2014, 16:33
I think me and micheal are going to give it a go, can we leave the engine in and take the head off and sump off?

Thats right mate, as mentioned keep liners held down and do one piston at a time
If get stuck i'm not far away :agree:

Dawsie
23-06-2014, 19:13
Thanks lads, we have now taken the head off and sprayed WD40 in the bores, should this soak through? Cheers

Nottswoody
23-06-2014, 19:20
Thanks lads, we have now taken the head off and sprayed WD40 in the bores, should this soak through? Cheers

Bud contact mark he's the man that can and close your lucky everyone travels to get marks help.. It will be cheaper in the end. And done right 1st time :agree:

Dawsie
25-06-2014, 22:47
Thanks for everyone's help, we took the pistons out tonight and I had a cracked one which would be causing my problems!!!

Markey Mark (BD)
26-06-2014, 08:22
Thanks for everyone's help, we took the pistons out tonight and I had a cracked one which would be causing my problems!!!

If you get a nice used one,. fit new rings, hone the liners. put back together it'll be back to normal :agree:
Least you found what it was

Dawsie
26-06-2014, 09:52
If you get a nice used one,. fit new rings, hone the liners. put back together it'll be back to normal :agree:
Least you found what it was

Thanks mark, I take it all pistons are the same as mine have a black head and the one I'm going to buy has a silver one? Cheers

Markey Mark (BD)
26-06-2014, 14:10
Thanks mark, I take it all pistons are the same as mine have a black head and the one I'm going to buy has a silver one? Cheers

All standard pistons will be the same
The black colouring will probably be the build up of soot mate