PDA

View Full Version : Morning all

sbsshadow
06-06-2014, 09:33
First post!

Morning Everyone Im Stephen from Hertfordshire, I have never owned a 5 but have always wanted to, but kids and life always got in the way, I even test drove a few when I was younger but could never afford the insurance or the car lol , im now 40 and have a traders policy so now would be a ideal time, so im going to save my pennies and by me some fun :)

HAndy
06-06-2014, 09:58
welcome to the club :)

have a good look around in the articles and file section before you purchase your first 5 gt or get a local member to go with you;) enjoy:cool:

sbsshadow
06-06-2014, 10:03
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

will do , thank you :)

welcome to the club :)

have a good look around in the articles and file section before you purchase your first 5 gt or get a local member to go with you;) enjoy:cool:

Trevhib
06-06-2014, 10:44
Welcome along :) Good luck finding the right car :agree:

Incidentally, you're especially welcome from my point of view as you're even older than me :D

sbsshadow
06-06-2014, 10:51

Hahahahaaaaa , thanks ;)

Welcome along :) Good luck finding the right car :agree:

Incidentally, you're especially welcome from my point of view as you're even older than me :D

Trevhib
06-06-2014, 10:57
Don't worry, I'm catching you up fast and anyway, half the club is 'more discerning' these days :mart:

:wasntme:

sbsshadow
06-06-2014, 11:04

lolol, I really really cant wait to get my first 5 :)

Don't worry, I'm catching you up fast and anyway, half the club is 'more discerning' these days :mart:

:wasntme:

LeeR5GTT
06-06-2014, 11:34
Welcome to the club and good luck buddy

If you put a wanted advert in the classifieds of exactly what your after and your budget, you should be in a GT soon enough :)

sbsshadow
06-06-2014, 11:36

got to sell some things first to make the money, going to sell a 96 gram 9ct gold belcher chain that I no longer wear lololol

This should give me some / the majority of the money hahaha

Thanks

Steve

Welcome to the club and good luck buddy

If you put a wanted advert in the classifieds of exactly what your after and your budget, you should be in a GT soon enough :)

scratcher
06-06-2014, 12:19
Welcome :)
It's very heap to insure a Renault 5 these days, if you went classic instead of your trade policy.

There are some nice friendly members over your way as well:)

sbsshadow
06-06-2014, 12:22

I contract in London in IT for investment banks, but Im a part time car dealer, so I have a trade policy anyway, so it wouldnt change my insurance lol :)

It's very heap to insure a Renault 5 these days, if you went classic instead of your trade policy.

There are some nice friendly members over your way as well:)

Trevhib
06-06-2014, 13:09
Cool.

I'm in London next Thursday mtg with FXCM on Lower Thames St. :)

We are algorithmic traders who're about to start offering auto trade copying out to retail.

Also, my mate has just finished a s/w eng contract with Reuters in Canary Wharf.

sbsshadow
06-06-2014, 13:13

Ive tried trading more times than I care to remember lol, ive still got a couple of live spread betting accounts, but its a sure fire way for me to lose money :(

Cool.

I'm in London next Thursday mtg with FXCM on Lower Thames St. :)

We are algorithmic traders who're about to start offering auto trade copying out to retail.

Also, my mate has just finished a s/w eng contract with Reuters in Canary Wharf.

Trevhib
06-06-2014, 13:51
Yeah, it's no fun at all. 90% of people lose money SBing, I happen to think it's more than that. You have to employ science and stats and then program a bot to trade on your behalf to stand any chance (unless you're one of the very few who have the right mindset to trade manually). Of course you have to have a decent strategy to program in the first instance.

Effectively this is what we do. Devise trading strategies, conduct long-term back-testing and optimisation, trade them on a retail platform to prove them up then offer them out to clients on a monthly subscription. Sounds simple, super difficult. :agree:

sbsshadow
06-06-2014, 13:56

Sweet lol, good luck :)

Yeah, it's no fun at all. 90% of people lose money SBing, I happen to think it's more than that. You have to employ science and stats and then program a bot to trade on your behalf to stand any chance (unless you're one of the very few who have the right mindset to trade manually). Of course you have to have a decent strategy to program in the first instance.

Effectively this is what we do. Devise trading strategies, conduct long-term back-testing and optimisation, trade them on a retail platform to prove them up then offer them out to clients on a monthly subscription. Sounds simple, super difficult. :agree:

B18ftMOJO5
06-06-2014, 17:38
welcome to the club pal. goodluck with your search:)

sbsshadow
06-06-2014, 19:47

Thank you :)

welcome to the club pal. goodluck with your search:)

Goobie
06-06-2014, 20:22
Welcome aboard. :yeah:

chunk552
06-06-2014, 21:49

sbsshadow
07-06-2014, 10:45

My chain went on ebay last night, so fingers crossed that it will soon be GT TURBO time :):):)

Matt Cole
07-06-2014, 12:09
Welcome squire. Most owners on here are now 'mature':D

sbsshadow
07-06-2014, 12:11
Good, I will feel at home then lol

Welcome squire. Most owners on here are now 'mature':D