PDA

View Full Version : Paint supply

Purple_rob
16-01-2009, 02:17
As far as I know, its now illegal to supply the automotive trade with 2k paint and is now water based.

I have not read up on this yet but also think that you can still buy it for personal use?.

Does anyone know a supplier or online ordering. Basically I'm after 1 gallon of tungston grey for my 5 for future use and projects?.

If anyone wants to add on the thread about the supply of 2k it would be great.

This will probably effect people putting there cars in for repair or resprays and now come with a higher price.:disagree:

:)

dave-sbs
16-01-2009, 08:10
i cant get any 2 k basecoat nowadays , i heard rumours that its easier to find north of the border though

gtmatt
16-01-2009, 09:53
you can still get 2k base coat from most paint suppliers here in manchester , i know all car body shops use waterbased but if you go into your local car paint shop you can buy 2k base coat ,as my friend works for him self and he is still using 2k and he buys it regular:) its just the big car body shops etc that have to use water based.

Purple_rob
16-01-2009, 10:30
My uncle has his own body shop and his suppliers have said effective 01/01/09 they cannot supply to even there small unit.

I have a feeling my local supplier do not sell it anymore.

rs250nut
16-01-2009, 20:22
Paint in any material will always be available to a certian extent, celly is still available 2k clear is still available. Why do you want to use 2k base coat? A gallon of base coat is a lot of paint, depending on mix ratio you could end up thinning that by 30%.

RICHIE
16-01-2009, 21:23
i can get it in bedford company called nu-agen that was last month though

Purple_rob
16-01-2009, 21:48
I'm probably jumping the gun here anyways as I'll probably want cellulose based.

Is this still freely available?

A gallon is probably too much I agree but I have other plans for it as well.

Was the tungsten grey paint code 608 by the way?.

Thanks