13-05-2014, 21:14
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Right money waiting for the right car.

looking for the best example possible!!

So have to start somewhere!

Matt_S
14-05-2014, 02:45
This one looks nice.

I've seen it up for £6k somewhere too...

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C458474

B18ftMOJO5
14-05-2014, 05:06
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-5-GT-Turbo-Red-great-example-of-an-80s-90s-hot-hatch-/151299927971?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item233a2dafa3

phase i 16 v turbo
14-05-2014, 09:48
My old car maybe up for sale as the chap hasn't had much chance to use it. He will want serious money for it though.

Thanks Mike

fastevo1
14-05-2014, 10:04

My old car maybe up for sale as the chap hasn't had much chance to use it. He will want serious money for it though.

Thanks Mike

Is there a link for the spec and condition?

phase i 16 v turbo
14-05-2014, 10:21

Is there a link for the spec and condition?

Std OE car condition A1., No link as not advertised he just mention last time we spoke he hadn't had time to use it as he works away alot.

fastevo1
14-05-2014, 10:34

Std OE car condition A1., No link as not advertised he just mention last time we spoke he hadn't had time to use it as he works away alot.

Ok

If you do hear of it coming up for sale let us know ;-)

B18ftMOJO5
14-05-2014, 11:38
wow that looks brand new:agree:

Markey Mark (BD)
14-05-2014, 12:14

Thanks Mike

I was with Mike the day the new owner came to look at this car, it is pristine!!!! One of the best OE cars i've seen out there

Its hard to imagine but with all the various looks our cars have on here, all of them left the factory looking like that!

fastevo1
14-05-2014, 12:24

Will keep my fingers crossed than!

phase i 16 v turbo
14-05-2014, 12:39
I was with Mike the day the new owner came to look at this car, it is pristine!!!! One of the best OE cars i've seen out there

Its hard to imagine but with all the various looks our cars have on here, all of them left the factory looking like that!

Remember it well both a happy and Sad day. Sad to see it go but pleased it was going to a good home.

Ryan p
14-05-2014, 21:55
I know to a j plate white one for sale local to me went to have a look at it tonight what's a little bit of work but has a lot of potential to be a really nice car with a bit of time an cash put into it he wants £3000 or very nearest offer

Matt_S
15-05-2014, 02:49
I know to a j plate white one for sale local to me went to have a look at it tonight what's a little bit of work but has a lot of potential to be a really nice car with a bit of time an cash put into it he wants £3000 or very nearest offer

I actually put a deposit on that car. But every time I spoke to Sam, something else didn't work or needed sorting. And the changes in mileage and MOT history from VOSA was not the best either.

casper
15-05-2014, 07:41
I actually put a deposit on that car. But every time I spoke to Sam, something else didn't work or needed sorting. And the changes in mileage and MOT history from VOSA was not the best either.

Personally for £3000 milage issues dont come into it.More important to get a good solid car.That sort of money dosent buy a good five imo.

fastevo1
15-05-2014, 09:49

Couple if pms have arrived.

Keep them coming....

Ryan p
15-05-2014, 20:36
to be honest id agree with milage thing clocks are so easy to change an with a few different owners it not hard to find a discrepancy in any 5s history. from what i could see the shell looked very gd only things i couldn't 100% see was the upper sills but what i could see might just need a small rust scab sorting and the lip where the inner an outer panel meet are a bit scabby
if i was after a 5 to buy now i would go for it you struggle to find a j plate one for less that doesn't need massive amounts of work

bgoldstraw
15-05-2014, 20:40
I was going to look at this but didn't bother in the end, how come you didn't buy it Ryan?

chunk552
15-05-2014, 21:47

Personally for £3000 milage issues dont come into it.More important to get a good solid car.That sort of money dosent buy a good five imo.

Good point casper, in everyone's opinion what would we really need to spend to get a decent 5 ? obviously everyone's different, some just want it for fun/track others want to restore to orginal condition and spend lots of money on it.

Slammed 66
15-05-2014, 23:15
Purely out of interest, what would your budget be if a standard phase 2 came up with 69k on it and a full mot?
Completely standard with the exception of the exhaust but a standard rear box would be included. Even has the original tape player

r5 rich
16-05-2014, 00:40
Mileage isn't important as my old one sold after me with a lot less miles. There is a standard F reg in white phase 2 non sunroof which the bloke could be tempted to sell by me. Gave him my number years back when I see it and said call me if you want to sell.

Will try get more info when I pass. Was very tidy inside and out when I serviced it last year for him as had a good look over. He just doesn't use it anymore as in his 50's

Matt_S
16-05-2014, 02:27
Mileage isn't important as my old one sold after me with a lot less miles. There is a standard F reg in white phase 2 non sunroof which the bloke could be tempted to sell by me. Gave him my number years back when I see it and said call me if you want to sell.

Will try get more info when I pass. Was very tidy inside and out when I serviced it last year for him as had a good look over. He just doesn't use it anymore as in his 50's

Let me know hoe you get on mate! I'm interested.

Matt_S
16-05-2014, 02:29

I'm not being funny, but you don't know the whole story or the VOSA report I saw.

I don't have the details anymore to show you.

Ryan p
16-05-2014, 07:13
I was going to look at this but didn't bother in the end, how come you didn't buy it Ryan?

I was looking for some thing I could just buy an drive over the summer. I've already got 3 5 gt's but there all at different points of being rebuilt ones just gone to the body shop
Being a j plate none sun roof thought it was worth a look as it was local, if I wasn't putting a load of money into getting the other 3 sorted I would have got it. It's ideal for someone after there first one or as a starting point with about 300 to 400 put into it it would be a really tidy 5

What u mean bout the vosa report ? When I checked the it was hip clear?

bgoldstraw
16-05-2014, 08:00
Same here mate, there are a few popping up for sale currently but nothing tidy that's ready to drive, they all need some sort of work be it paint, welding or engine but I suppose that's 5's for you!

fastevo1
16-05-2014, 09:00

Thanks Mike

On the off chance, is the current owner in here so I can send a pm?

phase i 16 v turbo
16-05-2014, 09:01
No, did tell him to join but doesn't get much free time.

fastevo1
16-05-2014, 09:11
No, did tell him to join but doesn't get much free time.

No probs. worth a ask!

Matt_S
16-05-2014, 10:16
I was looking for some thing I could just buy an drive over the summer. I've already got 3 5 gt's but there all at different points of being rebuilt ones just gone to the body shop
Being a j plate none sun roof thought it was worth a look as it was local, if I wasn't putting a load of money into getting the other 3 sorted I would have got it. It's ideal for someone after there first one or as a starting point with about 300 to 400 put into it it would be a really tidy 5

What u mean bout the vosa report ? When I checked the it was hip clear?

I know what you mean. What I meant was VOSA as is the online MOT history check? I wasn't that happy with what I was reading.

Also, When I keyed the Reg into mytextcheck it didn't recognise the Reg, which was odd.

Matt_S
16-05-2014, 10:18
Same here mate, there are a few popping up for sale currently but nothing tidy that's ready to drive, they all need some sort of work be it paint, welding or engine but I suppose that's 5's for you!

I'm not worried about either, but preferably one or the other!
Ideally, I'd prefer to get in something I can drive at least and sort the issues/tidy up over the winter.

fastevo1
16-05-2014, 13:26
Also a nice grey or black 5 would be considered.

I have the money chaps and I'm not wasting anyone's time. :)

Slammed 66
16-05-2014, 14:10
Purely out of interest, what would your budget be if a standard phase 2 came up with 69k on it and a full mot?
Completely standard with the exception of the exhaust but a standard rear box would be included. Even has the original tape player

As above

There are some pics in my profile too

fastevo1
16-05-2014, 14:27
As above

There are some pics in my profile too

Sorry I did not see your post

I guess it depends on what the history folder is like, how many owners, if the car has had paint, welding etc.

You would have to think of a price and let me know.

Slammed 66
16-05-2014, 14:54
It was fully restored in 2000. New doors, wings, cills, bonnet etc. all receipts with it since a year old. 3 or 4 owners. Every receipt and bill in a folder. It does have some bubbling around the bottom of the screen but that is the only defect. Engine is sweet as a nut and has never ever been apart. Last 3 MOTs have never even had an advisory. It's a very genuine and honest car. Mileage is backed up by service history and old MOTs.

In all the time I've owned it, she's never let me down once. It made 140.5 bhp on 12psi and 146 at 14psi.

It's a real gem of a car to be fair.

£5,250 would see it go to a new keeper.

fastevo1
16-05-2014, 19:14
It was fully restored in 2000. New doors, wings, cills, bonnet etc. all receipts with it since a year old. 3 or 4 owners. Every receipt and bill in a folder. It does have some bubbling around the bottom of the screen but that is the only defect. Engine is sweet as a nut and has never ever been apart. Last 3 MOTs have never even had an advisory. It's a very genuine and honest car. Mileage is backed up by service history and old MOTs.

In all the time I've owned it, she's never let me down once. It made 140.5 bhp on 12psi and 146 at 14psi.

It's a real gem of a car to be fair.

£5,250 would see it go to a new keeper.

Ok leave it with me.

chris
16-05-2014, 22:51
I can vouch for Ross's car and for ross (slammed 66) I have seen his car up close and even had a look underneath it and driven it. The car is in great condition drives spot on and the history with it is second to non if I was looking for a renault 5 I would buy this one without any hesitation.

Wallace
20-05-2014, 06:59

Right money waiting for the right car.

looking for the best example possible!!

So have to start somewhere!

Are you a trader?

fastevo1
20-05-2014, 07:58
Are you a trader?

Why would a trader be looking for a GT turbo?

There are 3x cars on here I'm going to look at which will
Include yours. Just sorting the time off so I can do this in one week.

Adam gt E
20-05-2014, 09:20
Why would a trader be looking for a GT turbo?

There are 3x cars on here I'm going to look at which will
Include yours. Just sorting the time off so I can do this in one week.

The question may of been asked as lately iv seen 3 or 4gt turbos sell for around 2-3.5k and then they have popped up on dealer sites for twice as much, most recent case being a white ph2 currently on autotrader for 7999 and it was bought from eBay for 3250, I was in contact with the original sellers but missed out by a couple hours

fastevo1
20-05-2014, 09:41
The question may of been asked as lately iv seen 3 or 4gt turbos sell for around 2-3.5k and then they have popped up on dealer sites for twice as much, most recent case being a white ph2 currently on autotrader for 7999 and it was bought from eBay for 3250, I was in contact with the original sellers but missed out by a couple hours

Gotcha.

No I want one for myself but want to take my time so I don't end up with a shitter.

I currently own a E63 AMG estate which i use daily for the family, and want a hobbie for the weekend!

Search and "ant1" on cliosport, MLR, MB, RS246 etc if you want to check.

Pic of my old RS6 and my current car....

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b149/ant123456/DSC_0396_zps01238d90.jpg (http://s18.photobucket.com/user/ant123456/media/DSC_0396_zps01238d90.jpg.html)

Wallace
20-05-2014, 10:34

nail on the head:agree:

and i want your merc:laugh::smokin:

fastevo1
20-05-2014, 15:29
nail on the head:agree:

and i want your merc:laugh::smokin:

Hell no......

She's all mine!

Last bump..........................

Matt_S
20-05-2014, 21:45
Going back to original thread title I'm sure Mike @GT Spares is building a red one. Maybe drop him a line?

Matt_S
28-05-2014, 00:11
Ive just linked it a mint red GTT on the FB page.

I dint think I can link externally but I'll try.