PDA

View Full Version : Help Please, Cambridgeshire area

MatD1988
30-04-2014, 14:26
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Hi guys, does anybody live near the Huntingdon, Warboys area and have a little spare time they dont mind giving up.
I need to remove the head and stuff on the Raider and being new to all this, ive never done it. so could do with some help if possible.

Dont mind paying for someones time.

Cheers for any help

Mat :)

JP Racing
30-04-2014, 14:35
Hi mat I'm not too far away I live near Ely ;) I'm at work at the moment but will pm you tonight and see what help and advise I can give.

TopCat
30-04-2014, 15:43
It's been a good few years since I've done one but here's a rough guide of what you need to do:

Remove bonnet and grill (in case you damage them)

Disconnect the battery

Remove hoses (which are in way of rocker)

Remember to mark your ht leads :)

Remove carb top

Remove rocker cover

Remove rocker pedestal

Remove head bolts

And remove the head

It's probably a couple of hours first time from start to finish mate

It's a rough guide, no doubt I've forgot a couple of bits. Good luck chap :)

phase i 16 v turbo
30-04-2014, 16:33
Oil breather pipe?

Bigfoot
30-04-2014, 16:43
Plus either keep turbo attached to head, so will need to remove exhaust and pipework to that as well.

Pigsnake
30-04-2014, 21:26
Pm`d you bud.:agree:

JP Racing
30-04-2014, 22:34
Also I like to take a picture every so often just in case it takes longer than expected so you remember where bits go. Nothing worse than having a pipe or bolts left over and not a clue where they go ;)

Goobie
30-04-2014, 22:46
Also I like to take a picture every so often just in case it takes longer than expected so you remember where bits go. Nothing worse than having a pipe or bolts left over and not a clue where they go ;)

100% :agree:

Fordy
01-05-2014, 18:10
i'm over at sawtry and work in huntingdon. drop me a msg if you need any help :agree:

rabbitstew
17-06-2014, 15:00
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Good to see some local members, i used to hang about around sawtry, ely, march, chatteris & peterborough. Still work in Cambridge, but now live further afield.

I did the head on mine back in 1996 I think so little help now, i can barely remember what I did yesterday, let alone back then.

My hot tip though was to video everything, then you can play it back and see where everything goes!