PDA

View Full Version : which bits ??

Kris M
15-01-2009, 19:32
Right, im gonna swap my lekky windows for renault 5 manual ones

I took the doorcards off the 5 in the scrappy to take the windy mech`s out......what bits exactly do i need to take / is there a particular way of removing them ??? Had a quick look but couldent quite see in the fading light !!

Will go back to the scrappy on Sat ;)

Thanks

Tiny Tim
15-01-2009, 19:35
I SHOULD be pretty much one mechanism.

Handle
All related nuts and bolts
The winder mechanism and runner should be one unit.

Unbolt the glass first, whip that out and the rest should be plain sailing.

Beardo
15-01-2009, 19:39
I SHOULD be pretty much one mechanism.

Handle
All related nuts and bolts
The winder mechanism and runner should be one unit.

Unbolt the glass first, whip that out and the rest should be plain sailing.

To make it easier for you undo the glass from the mech push the glass to the top of the frame and put tape from one side of the glass ,over the top of the door frame and sztick it to the other side of the glass . That way it saves time and reduces the risk of breaking the glass

Woznaldo
15-01-2009, 21:14
I've done the same and it's all fairly straight forward. Like the tape tip:agree:

Hardest part to get hold of was the short torx screws the hold the mechanism in place. When I was looking they where all held in with crap pop rivets, even though all the mechanisms are threaded?

Kris M
15-01-2009, 21:31
Ok, thanks guys. Will attack it at the weekend. After ive finished replacing the brake pipes on the ph1 and bled the system :)

Spooky
15-01-2009, 21:33
yea, you do that ;)

Kris M
15-01-2009, 21:44
Whats that ????/ You wanna bring your 5 over on Sat and lend a hand ???? :D;)

Spooky
15-01-2009, 21:53
no mam, im delivering my car and ill be on the other side of the country pretty much :laugh:

just put your phone on speaker and ill give you some vocal support :coffee: :laugh:

Kris M
15-01-2009, 21:55
Ah, vocal support, we like that :D

Nick k
16-01-2009, 00:24
Window screws are T30 or T40 torq heads kris. wind down until u can see both screws holding glass. undo and remove. pull glass up and out at 45 degrees, then undo the screw/bolt(10mm) next to the winder handle and the 2 screws holding the mech in the middle. pull the end of the plastic tube out of the mech at the top of the window mech and extract sideways out of door insides, You may need to remove window seals depending! dead easy mate. :D

jesus in the seat of a 5
16-01-2009, 06:02
Window screws are T30 or T40 torq heads kris. wind down until u can see both screws holding glass. undo and remove. pull glass up and out at 45 degrees, then undo the screw/bolt(10mm) next to the winder handle and the 2 screws holding the mech in the middle. pull the end of the plastic tube out of the mech at the top of the window mech and extract sideways out of door insides, You may need to remove window seals depending! dead easy mate. :D

sound advice...off topic , nick did you get that spotlight bud , did it help?..:)