PDA

View Full Version : Suspension help please...

Leigh
10-09-2008, 09:23
Hello, i posted on the temp forum about i need full suspension for my GT. What's the better type to go for coilover or just a descent set of adjustables ? Im going to be using the car as a weekend driver and track days here and there. Thanks Leigh :)

paul b
10-09-2008, 09:47
if its only a weekend and a few trackdays you don't need anymore than standard set up...

much more fun and forgiving and no worries about setting up cambers and ride height's.......
just start her up and play

raj
10-09-2008, 10:06
std setups abit gay flippy floppy on the track, for that id say koni yellows all round

Billy-G
10-09-2008, 10:31
Koni's were my first step from standard suspension to aftermarket on the 5. They felt so much more positive, but still with the same 5 levels of feedback as to when they let go. They were like standard suspension, only better.

When you start to go into coilovers etc, you can get ultimately more grip but at the expense of 'carefree' handling. You never know when it's going to snap away and bite you in the bum.

Think long and hard before you spend money on it really. IT's easy to get it wrong, and end up with car you'll be nervous of 85% of the time.

Leigh
10-09-2008, 10:47
Cheers for the replies, looks like the Konis will be good enough for me :cool:

Markey Mark (BD)
10-09-2008, 17:55
Cheers for the replies, looks like the Konis will be good enough for me :cool:

I've got a full Apex suspension kit here mate if your interested in it, i was very suprised at how the car feels with the kit fitted, feels nice and tight and handles well. The car is being broken so there up for grabs, only done about 50-80miles.

Leigh
11-09-2008, 09:58
I've got a full Apex suspension kit here mate if your interested in it, i was very suprised at how the car feels with the kit fitted, feels nice and tight and handles well. The car is being broken so there up for grabs, only done about 50-80miles.

Sorry ive order the Koni's now sir :(

Mart
12-10-2008, 21:06
Koni FTW, every time :agree:

Leigh
13-10-2008, 11:54
Koni FTW, every time :agree:

Im fitting this kit now, is it worth putting on the polyurethane top mount bushes or are the standard ones good enough ? Got new bearings and standard bushes but Rally Design is only down the road so why its apart is it worth it ?

Mart
13-10-2008, 12:19
They'll give an improvement (read firm) over the o.e donut, but then the o.e donut, when new, is perfectly fine.

If you're comparing a new poly donut to a 15+ year old wear & tear o.e item, it's a no brainer as to which one is gonna be the better to have in situ.

Leigh
13-10-2008, 12:32
They'll give an improvement (read firm) over the o.e donut, but then the o.e donut, when new, is perfectly fine.

If you're comparing a new poly donut to a 15+ year old wear & tear o.e item, it's a no brainer as to which one is gonna be the better to have in situ.

Well ive got new O.E. ones and was seeing if its worth the extra upgrading. So if there an improvement Rally Design here i come :D Cheers.

Mart
13-10-2008, 12:47
If you've already got new ones to fit, I personally wouldn't bother paying out again for the poly jobs.