PDA

View Full Version : and again

cook1981
17-04-2014, 00:07
Right folks

what can be done to bring this site back to life, I know this thread has been done before lately but nothing has changed, if any thing the activity has got worse, id be up for a free joining fee for the next 2 weeks to a month just to bring some activity back, whats every ones thoughts on this????? I dont think any one except the die hard will join a dead site next year if it goes the way its going????thoughts please

cook1981
17-04-2014, 00:09
Right folks

what can be done to bring this site back to life, I know this thread has been done before lately but nothing has changed, if any thing the activity has got worse, id be up for a free joining fee for the next 2 weeks to a month just to bring some activity back, whats every ones thoughts on this????? I dont think any one except the die hard will join a dead site next year if it goes the way its going????thoughts please

14 users,,,,,,,,,,,and 43 guests!!!!!

Alex
17-04-2014, 07:58
What is it you think needs to change? simply the lack of activity? That won't change by doing anything to the site. That said we are in the process of making additions to revamp the site as a whole but it's not something we can do over night unfortunately.

With regard to the users, you did check that at 12:09 at night so I'd imagine most people to be in bed at that hour! :D Overall memberships are steady - we certainly aren't losing any and the project section seems to thriving :agree:

rs250nut
17-04-2014, 08:28
Its a massive shame that the people involved on both sides of the fence could not sort out their diffrences, this club has lost some long standing members which by most will be sorely missed, not just for the banter but the tech input which there does not seem to be a great deal of anymore.:crap:

Bigfoot
17-04-2014, 08:55
Its a massive shame that the people involved on both sides of the fence could not sort out their diffrences, this club has lost some long standing members which by most will be sorely missed, not just for the banter but the tech input which there does not seem to be a great deal of anymore.:crap:

That's the thing, we haven't lost them, they are just not posting, they log in daily or every few days.

Matt Cole
17-04-2014, 09:38
Its a massive shame that the people involved on both sides of the fence could not sort out their differenceis cforward lost some long standing members which by most will be sorely missed, not just for the banter but the tech input which there does not seem to be a great deal of anymore.:crap:

I've tried to talk to one of the main Admin but they are having none of it. :crap:

As Alex has pointed out, we have a lot of new members and also a new website is in construction as we speak. The club is actually working hard with new commitee members. Hopefully national day is a success and all the club members enjoy the events planned for this year.:agree:

Matt

Benjibrady
17-04-2014, 09:39
Just so you have an idea as to where the clubs going, I know this was a very large problem over Christmas, but please believe a lot is happening behind the scenes.

Just to keep you all informed, here's a small sample what's been happening lately:

At the beginning of the year we got a few new moderators & committee members which by all accounts seems to have given a real boost on proceedings,
JP put in a huge effort into the new (old) window cling stickers that now link back to the club.
Ian is now working with a company on a test website, that will integrate all the new features that we wanted for the club (it is all a bit tech speak but that's my understanding of the situation)
Events such as the retro show, dyno day ND have been created/had further development and are gaining momentum with everyday closer to summer.
(There are a few more things but don't like to be the guy to ruin a surprise, so have picked the ones that are already known by the masses)
As Alex says membership numbers are consistent with what they usual are, it did come to light there was few people (mainly the trouble causers) that weren't paying membership fees and hadn't been for a long time, these people have either now paid or left. Personally, I feel the club is a much nicer place now, there's no hostility on the boards, and chats is back to cars which I'm sure is why we're all here.

That's not to say that changes can't be made, in every grace of life there's scope for improvement. If anyone has anything constructive about the site/the way it's run/suggestions that could entice new members then feel free to either stick it in the website feedback section or pm one of the admin/committee/moderator team. Even if it's just a question we'll get the answer for you, and if we can't, I'm sure we'll be able to find someone that can.

I hope this helps and let's you know the club is moving forward, feel free to pm me if there's anything you'd like to discuss :)

Benjibrady
17-04-2014, 09:40
I've tried to talk to one of the main Admin but they are having none of it. :crap:

As Alex has pointed out, we have a lot of new members and also a new website is in construction as we speak. The club is actually working hard with new commitee members. Hopefully national day is a success and all the club members enjoy the events planned for this year.:agree:

Matt

:agree:

Trevhib
17-04-2014, 09:47
There is loads going on, both on the boards and behind the scenes. There are new members joining all the time, in fact I don't remember a time when there were so many 'hi I'm a new member' threads.

The tech help has been in proportion to the number of tech questions being asked. And there's a ton of information saved in the site.

It is true that a number of knowledgeable people left very recently and this club is doing well given the circumstances, which include the fact that there aren't that many old Renault turbos on the roads and that number diminishes daily. It's going to take a couple of years to work out what the new situation for RTOC is really like, not a couple of months.