PDA

View Full Version : Where can I learn to become a better driver?

Magsimus
11-04-2014, 12:07
Afternoon chaps.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this question, but it involves my 5 GTT so thought that tenuous link good enough :)

I'm not interested in track racing mine, but I am keen in being able to get more out of it without wrapping it around a tree.
Since returning to driving a motor that has no power steering, no ABS and an engine more powerful than intended for the car (this has been A LOT of fun) I'd like to go for a track day some place where an instructor can teach me to drive it properly but without being a wreckless buffoon. Even if I can't do it in my 5 and have to do it in a more modern motor, I'd still like to get to grips with handling a fast car a bit better.

Anyone know of any instructors or track-day companies that provide this?

Cheers.

Alex
11-04-2014, 12:52
Most track days have an option of driver instruction available. Sometimes they're free with the track day but sometimes it's extra. I always recommend instruction on any new track you go to. :agree:

Bigfoot
11-04-2014, 13:07
Or another way rather than track day, look at taking the IAM driving course which teaches better driving on the road.

Haz
11-04-2014, 13:36
Imo tracks are nothing like driving on the road, mainly cos you don't get much choice of 'the racing line'. If you want get used to the car and push it to the limits I personally think using it as your daily is the quickest way to improve

michael tierney
11-04-2014, 15:46
Good advice by all!:agree:

Magsimus
12-04-2014, 12:36
Great, cheers chaps.