PDA

View Full Version : Hi from me and the Angry Bee

Bumblebee Dave
26-03-2014, 23:01
First post!

Dave here, Just like to say hello to everyone and introduce myself.

I've been a huge fan of Hot Hatches ever since the dawn of time and over the years have owned Ford, VW, Vauxhall, Pug and Renault motors.

I will say that every marque that I tried did give me a buzz but nothing ever really got me as excited as the Phase 2 5GT Turbo I owned way back when.

I developed a serious soft spot for Renault Sport and later went on to own a phase 1 Clio 16v, Clio 172, Megane 225, Clio 197, Megane R26 and now own a 2010 Megane RS250.

I bought the 250 two years ago with 17K on the clock and can honestly say I have never driven anything with handling to match (it really is scary how quick this thing is through the corners).

Anyway, the car:

RS250 Full Fat with Cup chassis running on the 18" Cup alloys
Limited Slip Differential
Leather Recaro's
Xenon Visibility pack
Sport Yellow

The first day I got the car home my teenage daughter nicknamed it "Bumblebee" and it seems to have stuck.

With the car having plenty of warranty left I swore that I was going to lay off any kind of modification for the time being but within a couple of months the itch got the better of me and I went for a Scorpion Cat back system and a K&N panel filter which only served to make the car sound a little better than standard.

With the itch becoming uncontrollable I decided to pay a visit to Paul at RS-Tuning in Leeds for a Stage 1 map as there was a group buy going on the Meg forum which was offering a £100 discount so it seemed rude not to.

Anyway the long awaited day came and I arrived at RS-Tuning, bearing in mind Renault official figures quoted for the RS250 was 247BHP I think Paul was just as surprised as me to see it make 275BHP on the first Dyno run!
After letting the car cool down Paul then worked his magic and I waited like an excited kid to see the results of run 2 with the Stage 1 map, my expectations were surpassed with a final figure of 315BHP and I left Leeds grinning like a Cheshire cat.

I've been a member on a couple of Megane related forums which were quite well run and used to have lots of decent members but recently seem to have gone down hill a little and now seem to be mostly populated by 'Boy Racer' types that don't really appreciate the heritage of the Renault Sport brand.

Whilst looking at info for this years French Car show I came across a link to this club and thought yeah, why not, this will be a bunch that really do appreciate the brand and the heritage.

So here I am folks, had a little trouble joining as a full member and would like to say a big thanks to Matt Cole and the admin team for helping me out.

I will look forward to hopefully meeting some of you at Castle Combe in June and also look forward to receiving my MEMBERSHIP PACK! nudge, nudge.

Dave and (Bumblebee)

Os8472
26-03-2014, 23:12
Wait, hang on a sec, you got 315bhp with a stage 1 map, k&n filter and an exhaust!!!!!

Bloody hell that's good going, any idea what kind of boost it's running now?

Anyway, nice to have you on here fella, good to see some of the more modern hot Renault's joining.

Get some pics up fella so we can see the bumble

JP Racing
26-03-2014, 23:19
Welcome along mate good to see some different cars on here too :) i keep toying with the idea of a megane just got to get the wife in to my way of thinking :D

B18ftMOJO5
26-03-2014, 23:28
welcome aboard mate. This is the place to be when it comes to Renault turbos. :cool: look forward to meeting you at ND castle combe this year.:)

Bumblebee Dave
27-03-2014, 00:04
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Pics of the Bee:

http://i1308.photobucket.com/albums/s602/dne-rogers/IMG_0497_zps7e5f3558.jpg (http://s1308.photobucket.com/user/dne-rogers/media/IMG_0497_zps7e5f3558.jpg.html)

http://i1308.photobucket.com/albums/s602/dne-rogers/IMG_0491_zps3f1637af.jpg (http://s1308.photobucket.com/user/dne-rogers/media/IMG_0491_zps3f1637af.jpg.html)

http://i1308.photobucket.com/albums/s602/dne-rogers/IMG_0429_zps22c88c76.jpg (http://s1308.photobucket.com/user/dne-rogers/media/IMG_0429_zps22c88c76.jpg.html)

Benjibrady
27-03-2014, 00:41
That's gorgeous. The car I wish I'd bought instead of my rs200

Red October
27-03-2014, 00:52
Awesome sexy car Dave :hump: love the colour and the power look forward to seeing it this year!

Get a thread up asap and keep us posted of plans and photos of bumblebee!

Nice to see some other types of Renault turbo motors on here, out of curiosity and intrest Dave how did you come to finding RTOC?

Bumblebee Dave
27-03-2014, 01:22

Awesome sexy car Dave :hump: love the colour and the power look forward to seeing it this year!

Get a thread up asap and keep us posted of plans and photos of bumblebee!

Nice to see some other types of Renault turbo motors on here, out of curiosity and intrest Dave how did you come to finding RTOC?

Will start a thread when I have a bit more spare time.

Got fed up of children on the usual Meg forums so was on the look out for a more enthusiast orientated forum i.e. for the love of the brand and heritage.

When looking for tickets for the French Car Show 2014 I saw some info relating to RTOC so immediately looked into it as I am really interested in owning another 5 GT Turbo, kind of liked what I was seeing so signed up.

Hoping to make the Bee part of RTOC at Castle Combe for FCS2014.

Nad-5GTT
27-03-2014, 04:51
Welcome to the club Dave, nice introduction and what a lovely car you own:cool: look forward to seeing this at the fcs.

Matt Cole
27-03-2014, 08:39
Officially welcome dave. Awesome car you got there with huge potential. As far as tuning the f4r engines are concerned this club is leading the field::D

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=18705&highlight=stuff+2011

Goobie
27-03-2014, 18:53
Welcome to the club. :agree:

Car looks awesome. :cool: The name really suits it. :D

Matt Cole
27-03-2014, 19:04
Should be called devil bee with that number plate!:D

Bumblebee Dave
27-03-2014, 20:53

Should be called devil bee with that number plate!:D

Yeah I agree Matt, 666 'Number of the Beast' :devil:

I do get some strange looks but it manages to keep Religious/Surperstitious nuts at a good distance on the road.

Nothing deters the nut jobs parking next to it in bloody supermarket car parks though :cry:

Matt Cole
27-03-2014, 21:30

Yeah I agree Matt, 666 'Number of the Beast' :devil:

I do get some strange looks but it manages to keep Religious/Surperstitious nuts at a good distance on the road.

Nothing deters the nut jobs parking next to it in bloody supermarket car parks though :cry:

Ha yeah the dreaded supermarket car parks. Someone banged their door into my Abarth the other month when i was sat in the car.:mad: they still tried to deny the damage to the rear quarter. Eventually they gave in and the insurance coffed up £1000 to have it fixed.;)

Matt Cole
27-03-2014, 21:33
Dave, have you seen this event? might interest you?

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=36539

Trevhib
28-03-2014, 09:26
Welcome along Dave. Be sure to invite any Renault-owning (or Renault-aspiring) mates you have along to RTOC, including any who are in other clubs. Always good to get this place buzzing (no pun intended) :agree:

LiamR
28-03-2014, 19:21
Great looking car and great bhp figures!

Welcome to the club :agree:

Matt Cole
28-03-2014, 21:07
I was talking to a chap today with a white 250. He was looking to join RTOC.:D

Bumblebee Dave
28-03-2014, 21:20

I was talking to a chap today with a white 250. He was looking to join RTOC.:D

There are quite a few around my neck of the woods Matt.

I'll be sure to spread the word.

Matt Cole
28-03-2014, 21:24

There are quite a few around my neck of the woods Matt.

I'll be sure to spread the word.

:agree::D

Hoolio
29-03-2014, 00:44
I do love these cars, they seem to have a brooding presence.

Coops
01-04-2014, 15:21
welcome over.

car looks lovely and they are beginning to grow on me more and more