PDA

View Full Version : super street fighter2 hd

5alldaway
13-01-2009, 20:23
downloaded this from xbox live and basicly is a revamped super street fighter 2 in hd, looks totally awesome, brilliant sound track and pretty much lag free online, its good they kept the essence of the game without ruining it with this 3d rubbish

i would of preferred it on my ps3 tho due to the pad being more suited, but i couldnt wait for that to come out so i got the 360 version instead

its everything a street fighter fan could of hoped for

Matt Cole
13-01-2009, 20:49
Street fighter 4 is on its way to the xbox imminent. I'll get it!!:agree:

raj
13-01-2009, 20:52
ive not been into games since i left school, but im trying to get back into them now.
ive got some good memories of blowing my dinner money on playing street fighter 2 blackbelt edition at the pub near my old school:D always loved street fighter:agree:

im yet to get hold of a gaming console but i really dont know what to go for:confused: there too many to choose from now. so what would someone suggest to a old skool gamer? ive not played any of these new hi spec tech shet games that require you to remember what every button on the controllers do:scared: im much more a fan of minimal contols! ie street fighter,mortal kombat,soul blade, tekken.

so..?? xbox or ps3 or something else.??

anyone remember neo-geo.? used to be the bizz way back in the day.

5alldaway
14-01-2009, 03:05
ive not been into games since i left school, but im trying to get back into them now.
ive got some good memories of blowing my dinner money on playing street fighter 2 blackbelt edition at the pub near my old school:D always loved street fighter:agree:

im yet to get hold of a gaming console but i really dont know what to go for:confused: there too many to choose from now. so what would someone suggest to a old skool gamer? ive not played any of these new hi spec tech shet games that require you to remember what every button on the controllers do:scared: im much more a fan of minimal contols! ie street fighter,mortal kombat,soul blade, tekken.

so..?? xbox or ps3 or something else.??

anyone remember neo-geo.? used to be the bizz way back in the day.

hehe my local barbers must be the best on the world! they have an arcade machine with street fighter 2 turbo and u can play it for free while u wait! sadly its one of the pirated versions meaning its a bit of a dodgy game, fireballs come out on waves, players morph into others during a bout, but hey still enjoyable!

i think the console to buy is the 360, as u can download old arcade games off xbox live, the ps3 and 360 have the same sort of games anyway apart from the exclusives ie gran turismo, and by the way tekken is on its way to 360 this time round

i have a neo geo aes system, pretty cool back then and quite valuble now, whoever owned one of these during the snes, mega drive era must have had quite a good time, the games on the neo geo still seem to hold up well today after 15 years later :)

5alldaway
14-01-2009, 03:18
but seriously if u are into your 2d fighters u need to get yourself a japanese sega saturn

ancient? oh yeh but the saturn did actually have a very succesfull life in japan whether every kid in the playground over here had a playstation, hence why the saturn flourished over there, and many games that didnt get a hope of release over here was released in japan

the street fighter zero/alpha series was street fighter in its prime
the king of fighters series
xmen vs street fighter series
many more.......................................and the only console to play it on is a jap saturn, no borders and full speed, the way your supposed to play them! i have 2 of the buggers lol :):agree:

Sparkie
14-01-2009, 19:14
street fighter 2 turbo and u can play it for free while u wait! sadly its one of the pirated versions meaning its a bit of a dodgy game, fireballs come out on waves, players morph into others during a bout, but hey still enjoyable!

i thought on that version you could change character on demand by pressing either the start button or two of the heavy hits together during gameplay. can you also jump up the screen and throw a fireball and then jump up again and throw another fireball - you end up climbing up the screen until you are several screens above the other player. you could then grab them in a throw - guile was my favourite with the heavy kick based throw...then you would drop as many screens as you had jumped up. was cool!

5alldaway
15-01-2009, 00:07
thats the thing with the pirated chip shop versions of the game, they were all a bit random! they were known as black belt versions lmao!

the ryu/ken hurricane kick carries on forever, the hadoken comes out in twos!

Sparkie
15-01-2009, 20:03
kens dragon punch covers the whole screen? that version? ;)

5alldaway
15-01-2009, 23:58
normally he just goes vertically, but the barbers version he goes sideways quite a long way and then he goes vertically

i bet no 2 pirated versions are the same, must be all that chip shop grease getting into the arcade cabinet

raj
16-01-2009, 00:05
thats the thing with the pirated chip shop versions of the game, they were all a bit random! they were known as black belt versions lmao!

the ryu/ken hurricane kick carries on forever, the hadoken comes out in twos!

yep:D as i mentioned, this was was the version i used to play on when i was at school:D

i used to always play as balrog in the black belt versions as you could get him to throw hadokens and follow up with that thrust puch he does which actually tvvated the opposing player before the haduken reached them lol. was no defeating him:laugh:

djinuk
16-01-2009, 07:55
i would get a xbox 360 for sure, just keep the recipt incase if brakes, better machine, easy to use, better /cheaper games, can be had for chips now, online is much better. I am saying this as i know own both machines and thats my honest thoughts. only good thing about the ps3 is little big planet rocks!

Trevhib
16-01-2009, 09:56
You want the Midnight Resistance aracde machine FTW! :D

Xbox 360 gets my vote too. Only irritation is the wireless dongle is £60.

MR TURBO
16-01-2009, 10:24

£60 squid well spent too just dig deep and do it ya wont look back unless you wanna be still tripping over that network cable....I managed to get mine from a mate who did not have a clue what is was for £20 Bargain!!!!!

5alldaway
16-01-2009, 12:25

dont remember it as an arcade game, but the commodore 64 version still holds great memories

i play my 360 through a cable, more stable connection

Trevhib
16-01-2009, 12:44
dont remember it as an arcade game, but the commodore 64 version still holds great memories

i play my 360 through a cable, more stable connection

Have a look on KLOV or mamdb websites for pics of the cabinet (I'm at work and it's all blocked so can't post a pic). Twiddle, twiddle. Not that I was any good at it mind.

Sparkie
16-01-2009, 13:14
yep:D as i mentioned, this was was the version i used to play on when i was at school:D

i used to always play as balrog in the black belt versions as you could get him to throw hadokens and follow up with that thrust puch he does which actually tvvated the opposing player before the haduken reached them lol. was no defeating him:laugh:

yes you could ;) use guile... :)

5alldaway
17-01-2009, 00:43
i may be doing a lil retro gamers get together soon at a local pub/cummunity centre, just an invites only thing

street fighter 2 will be there so come over if u can

raj
18-01-2009, 18:09
speaking of streetfighter (http://movies.apple.com/movies/fox/streetfighterlegendchunli/streetfighterlegendchunli-tlrb_h.640.mov?width=640&height=272)

5alldaway
19-01-2009, 00:00
didnt the yanks do enough damage already after the first time round :mad:

the yanks ruin everything, u dont see the japs making a movie on mortal kombat now do u?

MR TURBO
19-01-2009, 00:02
didnt the yanks do enough damage already after the first time round :mad:

the yanks ruin everything, u dont see the japs making a movie on mortal kombat now do u?

Yeah they fooked it right up van damme & kylie WTF!!!!!:laugh::laugh: I swear M.bison was Gomez from adams family HAHAHAHAHA

5alldaway
19-01-2009, 00:06
Yeah they fooked it right up van damme & kylie WTF!!!!!:laugh::laugh: I swear M.bison was Gomez from adams family HAHAHAHAHA

exactly so!

but the worst crime they ever did was stopping bruce lee from finishing off game of death, they called him up halfway through making the film and made enter the dragon, hence stopping production on game of death, and he died before commence filming on it

raj
19-01-2009, 00:19

lol thats correct gomez was m.bison lollll, and i agree the streetfighter movie was a right let down:disagree: i did prefer the mortal kombat movies although they wernt much better. thing with both movie was that they were made for kids! for them to be any good they need to be at "least" 15rated.

i remember waiting for the mortal kombat movie to come out and was soooo disapointed with my fav character "raiden" who was played by some non oriental guy:disagree: fuk sake! raiden is clearly oriental. they should have bloody used "lightening" from BTILC (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=tpWBtligcPU) i love this film it fecking great:D

MR TURBO
19-01-2009, 10:01
lol thats correct gomez was m.bison lollll, and i agree the streetfighter movie was a right let down:disagree: i did prefer the mortal kombat movies although they wernt much better. thing with both movie was that they were made for kids! for them to be any good they need to be at "least" 15rated.

i remember waiting for the mortal kombat movie to come out and was soooo disapointed with my fav character "raiden" who was played by some non oriental guy:disagree: fuk sake! raiden is clearly oriental. they should have bloody used "lightening" from BTILC (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=tpWBtligcPU) i love this film it fecking great:D

I swear RAIDEN was played by Christopher Lambert!!!! From Highlander a right good bollox up!!!!:laugh::laugh:

5alldaway
19-01-2009, 11:42
the americans are weird people. when u play against them online whatever way u use to kill them they moan about it even if its perfectly legal and they are doing it to u :laugh:

MR TURBO
19-01-2009, 11:58
the americans are weird people. when u play against them online whatever way u use to kill them they moan about it even if its perfectly legal and they are doing it to u :laugh:

I know exactly what you mean mate take call of duty for instance were some of em actually think they are out on the field......And get all stroppy in lobby zones hahahahha some are funny tho " YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU " and all that malarky!!!!:laugh::laugh:

5alldaway
19-01-2009, 12:07
as soon as u start talking and hear the accent they start ripping u, saying "speak english man" but isnt english from england?

and then they start moaning about u using the jump button, or jugganaut etc etc its in the game so its legal

seriously tho i didnt realise just how immature full grown adults can be until i played that game online, moaning like lil girls lmao