PDA

View Full Version : help.... tuning a carb

Danny4da
16-03-2014, 11:18
so got a service kit for my carb, How easy is it to set up the carb after it has been built? or is best to take it some where with the correct equipment and get them to do it??
Cheers in advance dan

Daz5774
16-03-2014, 13:24
so got a service kit for my carb, How easy is it to set up the carb after it has been built? or is best to take it some where with the correct equipment and get them to do it??
Cheers in advance dan

Have you got an AFR gauge? What's your turbo spec?

Trevhib
16-03-2014, 16:57
Megatons of carb threads on the boards, have a search around.

I've not done it myself but if you're not changing the jets, I'm not sure there's much more to set-up beyond the; idle, mixture screw and accelerator pump rod.

IIRC, mixture screw is 'tighten all the way in, then unscrew one and a quarter turns'.

Danny4da
16-03-2014, 18:19
Running standard turbo and boost! And I dont have AFR.

Matt Cole
16-03-2014, 19:28

I would just rebuild it matey and check the jet sizes. Carbs are a bit of a black art and take a while to get your head round. If your prepared to put the effort in with reaserch, then as said your in the right place for information!;)

Trevhib
16-03-2014, 21:58

Then check your jets are standard and just rebuild. No need to pay someone to do this, you're likely to do a better, more thorough job yourself :agree:

Wallace
17-03-2014, 08:35
When doing the carb, one golden rule:wasntme:

Clean,clean,clean,clean,clean,clean and clean again......and when you think you've cleaned the jets enough?

Clean them again......carb cleaner all the way:agree:

smithyr5gt
18-03-2014, 20:39
When doing the carb, one golden rule:wasntme:

Clean,clean,clean,clean,clean,clean and clean again......and when you think you've cleaned the jets enough?

Clean them again......carb cleaner all the way:agree:

lol as above.

i have rebuilt a carb. its not that bad. clean table. no kids pets or any other living thing that could cause you problems. i took photos. and as above. CLEAN!