PDA

View Full Version : electrical probs

Harrison01
13-01-2009, 16:05
afternoon folks,

i've got a couple of electrical problems, any useful help or input is grateful

choke light is permanately on and goes off when you put the head lights on.

none of the front indicators work. no voltage to bulb holder.

no voltage to either front side lights

drivers side headlight no work. no voltage.

fuel gauge is all over the place. up/down/up/down.

rear passenger indicator and main light flash in unison - checked the earths and cleaned them all even pulled the prongs out to make better contact

ive checked all fuses for the above and all are ok. i dont really wanna pull the dash out.:crap:

RICHIE
13-01-2009, 17:42
afternoon folks,

rear passenger indicator and main light flash in unison - checked the earths and cleaned them all even pulled the prongs out to make better contact

ive checked all fuses for the above and all are ok. i dont really wanna pull the dash out.:crap:

have you tried running a direct earth off of the lights making sure there is good contact to the chassis

ollyhock
16-01-2009, 12:14
afternoon folks,

rear passenger indicator and main light flash in unison - checked the earths and cleaned them all even pulled the prongs out to make better conta

has the faults just appeared or have you interited them with the car?

does the wiring look original or does it look like its been tampered with?

Harrison01
16-01-2009, 14:18
the cars been of the road for the past 6 years and hasnt run for 5yrs and 10 months of that.

all the wiring is original.

i was able to sort the choke light (got one of the wires mixed up from the clocks dimmer), the rear lights (changed bulb assembly), and the front indicators (dodgy terminals), and the headlight (harness plug in car had pushed a wire out), and the reverse light (pushed up live terminal that goes on the bottom of the bulb).

all i have left is the fan heater not working.

its amazing wjat you can achieve with a can of wd40, bit of cleaning, and a bend of the terminals, oh, and a trusty haynes manual.

ollyhock
16-01-2009, 14:33
the cars been of the road for the past 6 years and hasnt run for 5yrs and 10 months of that.

all the wiring is original.

i was able to sort the choke light (got one of the wires mixed up from the clocks dimmer), the rear lights (changed bulb assembly), and the front indicators (dodgy terminals), and the headlight (harness plug in car had pushed a wire out), and the reverse light (pushed up live terminal that goes on the bottom of the bulb).

all i have left is the fan heater not working.

its amazing wjat you can achieve with a can of wd40, bit of cleaning, and a bend of the terminals, oh, and a trusty haynes manual.

nice 1, it always feels better to have fixed it yourself , i bet your well chuffed

Harrison01
16-01-2009, 15:46
yeah you do puff you chest out a bit. i was amazed how easy the wiring diagrams are to understand