PDA

View Full Version : transit connect. lights fault.

Junglist
20-02-2014, 21:29
Hi guys I'm hoping someone is maybe a mechanic that deals with these vans.
I've just returned from a 2000 mile round trip to Poland (in 3 days zzz) all is good but it's developed a fault with the lights.

With the lights lights Off when I indicate the corresponding headlight comes on very dim.
With the lights on the brake lights flicker constantly.
With the lights off the brake lights are fine.

If it was my 5 then I would put my money on a corroded or loose earth. Does the same apply here?
Where are the lights earthed?

Any help or input greatly received as I don't think I could handle a garage bill right now.
Thanks. Dan.

TopCat
20-02-2014, 21:35
Hi guys I'm hoping someone is maybe a mechanic that deals with these vans.
I've just returned from a 2000 mile round trip to Poland (in 3 days zzz) all is good but it's developed a fault with the lights.

With the lights lights Off when I indicate the corresponding headlight comes on very dim.
With the lights on the brake lights flicker constantly.
With the lights off the brake lights are fine.

If it was my 5 then I would put my money on a corroded or loose earth. Does the same apply here?
Where are the lights earthed?

Any help or input greatly received as I don't think I could handle a garage bill right now.
Thanks. Dan.

I had the same and it was a poor connection in the rear light cluster mate. Check the connections on the rear lights. Try putting a jump lead on the negative battery to a good earthing point.

Junglist
20-02-2014, 22:32
Thanks I'll get the clusters Off. I was hoping the connections weren't behind the ply

TopCat
20-02-2014, 22:35
Thanks I'll get the clusters Off. I was hoping the connections weren't behind the ply

Check your earth first matey. If u need any parts let me know, I've got a fuked one I'm breaking.

Junglist
20-02-2014, 22:36
Will do thanks.