PDA

View Full Version : GT Turbo Oil Pump

Woznaldo
09-02-2014, 01:55
Can someone please supply the correct Pt No for a GT Turbo Oil Pump?

Can someone also confirm that the GTT uses the Vein & Rotor style pump and the non-turbo models use the Gear style pump (as depicted in the Haynes manual)?

I bought an Oil Pump a long time ago and when I opened it up today, I confirmed it as the gear style pump. I'm guessing that both pumps operate at a similar pressure, but the Vein & Rotor style pump flows more volume?

Woznaldo
09-02-2014, 03:54
I've found this number: 7701635029 oil pump in the Pt No sticky thread. and then found info in the Articles section:

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=4730

As suspected the Gear style pump is the non-turbo pump.

GTphil
09-02-2014, 07:24
Your correct about the volume thing also, the GTT pump has the oil cooling circuit and also the turbo lubrication that are extra hence why the campus pumps (geared type) can't provide enough flow.

Not sure how this shows up with the pressure readings when using a campus pump, maybe as the revs get higher the pressure starts to drop or maybe when engine load is applied suddenly, the same thing applies.

I do remember reading something about one or two engines a few years ago falling foul as the campus pumps were sold as "uprated" types. :disagree:

Maybe they do work ok for a standard engine that isn't revved to oblivion.

I know CBG still sells them on e-bay I have seen in the add that they aren't recommended for race engines:rolleyes: bit of a joke really, a gtt should have a gtt oil pump Renault wouldn't have bothered with it unless it was required:agree:

Selling them as GTT pumps in my eyes is out of order, what if someone spends the money for an engine re-build then buys one of these pumps:scared: