PDA

View Full Version : starter motor

Mr 5
12-01-2009, 09:08
ok iv done a search and found loads of threads,even read through the haynes on how to chang the bloody thing (only gets one spanner so "supposedly" easy):confused:

well i spent nearly 4 hours yesterday tring to get mine off,just cant get to the bolts,

tried from the top,imposible (dont know if diff manifold and down pipe are the reason?)

tried from under and still cant get to the bolts?seems like the shaft is right in the way?

is there a easy way of doing it or will i just take it to a garage?

Sy5GTT
12-01-2009, 09:16
I did mine from the top and bottom. Up on axle stands. Get to the 3 bolts from top,then underneath for the wires and bracket,then the starter will come out from the top. I didn't have a heat shield fitted mind you(turbo or starter) but you still should be able to get it off.

mr bean aka pete
12-01-2009, 22:12
it depends if you have the oe heatsheild fitted if you have you will have to remove that 1st then up on axle stands, from the top get to the 3 mounting bolts from underneith u can get to the connections dont forget to disconnect the battery b4 this tho :D slide the starter moter accross the back of the engine and out threw the o/s the wheel arch hope this helps mate :)