PDA

View Full Version : chassis plate help

GTTURBO1988
03-02-2014, 15:32
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Hi chaps I brought a restored 88 5 gt turbo off a chap and the car is missing its plate (pain in the ass) I spoke to the cahp and he said it was lost through the restoration. I checked all the numbers and eveything matches up just hoping someone could point me in the right direction to having a replica mate

Ashy
03-02-2014, 19:13
Hi mate, is the chassis number still visible on the strut top?

GTTURBO1988
03-02-2014, 19:57

Yeah the vin number is there that ain't the problem. What it is mate I brought the car from the uk and I live in the channel island. I imported the car about 2 years ago and have been trying to get it registered with the dvla over hear ever since.but because I haven't got a vin plate they won't entertain it. Because the car is not on a jersey licence plate I can't drive the thing. I have been to renault and they told me because of the age of the car I can't get a replace vin plate from them which is a f**king nightmare. The only thing I can do is get one made up (there words not mine) so I need to find somewhere where I can get one made up and have it put on the car. All numbers match up so I didn't think it would be much of a problem but 2 years on I'm no further along so if u could help would be great

Moggy
03-02-2014, 20:20
the 'old' metal type plates haven't been available for years

but renault should be able to get you a sticker one.... just need to speak to a 'good' dealer.... or a sticker guy :wasntme:

royz
03-02-2014, 20:28
do you know of a metal work shop they may have the metal letter stamps so you can get a small plate of aluminimum place the sticker on it then stamp the information needed onto it. had to do it once fior a mate who was in the same situation. just dont have the stamps any more.

GTTURBO1988
03-02-2014, 20:40

All good ideas chaps thanks will look into it and keep u informed cheers. T
hanks for the help