PDA

View Full Version : oil pressure gauge

Johnp
27-01-2014, 21:48
My standard (on clocks) oil pressure gauge doesn't work, level does when ignition is turned on ( different sensor). my speedo needle occasionally jumps about and the mileage doesn't count up with miles driven!!!! few clock problems could this all be related as in bad connections? or am I most likely going to have to purchase a new pressure sensor? :cry:

Alex
27-01-2014, 21:59
The oil gauges are a renowned nuisance. Your best bet would be to fit an aftermarket item. Their accuracy is also largely in question, even when working properly. Try checking/cleaning up the connections at the front of the block.

Re the Speedo, under the bonnet on the passenger side there's a connection attached to the inner strut. Undo it and clean it up.

Mr Raider
27-01-2014, 22:06
Check the connector on the oil pressure sensor on the front of the block, near where turbo oil feed is connected, think its an orange wire clean contacts up and make sure its a snug fit. With the speedo check the black 3 pin round connector that near the passenger side suspension turret, clean that up. Also check the connector that goes to the back of the speedo itself. If this doesnt sort it you can take the speedo out of the instrument cluster, remove 2 small screws and check that the motor that clocks up miles isnt stuck and that it turns then refit.

Only other thing it could be is the pick up (sensor) in the gearbox is dirty, this is near the exhaust downpipe towards the rear of the subframe and held in place with a small bracket and torque screw, make sure its clean and refit.

Ive tried the above before and got it working again and been fine since.

If these doesnt work it could be the speedo itself, the part in the gearbox that the speedo picks up a signal from or the speedo cable. :)