PDA

View Full Version : cybercooler

Manparis
26-01-2014, 10:11
I know alot of people despise gt tuning on here and I know he doesnt do 5 stuff much any more but theres a cybercooler and front bumper on ebay. Iv always wanted a front mount and thought that these always looked pretty cool. Anyway just a wondering if any of you had used one. any bad experience s. Im running a t28 with an ep cam and head. Would it make a difference? would I get more lag? Power etc? Am using a forge double capacity now . Any thoughts would be appreciated.

GTphil
26-01-2014, 11:07
Having the cooler in a better position for air flow will help keep charge temps down particularly on a longer pull compared to a double cap cooler, as will increasing the capacity of the cooler.

You will get a little more lag but it's so negligible you won't even notice. :agree:

Manparis
26-01-2014, 13:38
thanks for the reply. I noticed most big bhp cj1 engines have them so it cant be a bad thing just don't need any more lag. 400 quid the guy wanted. im getting a afr this year because think its running lean on high boost. seems to loose power when giving it some on 24/26 psi. cant be that hard to fit though im guessing hopefully no cutting or welding needed.

ScottKinnear
26-01-2014, 13:57
He's been wanting £400 for ages so try him with an offer first. It's no way worth that

Manparis
26-01-2014, 14:07
what offer you reckon and how much you think its worth? 300?

Brigsy
26-01-2014, 14:40
You could fit a decent sized intecooler behind your o.e bumper for less than half the price. It will look better too in my opinion.

Manparis
26-01-2014, 14:55
it wouldn't get the same cooling as an exposed one though. and its a bit of squeeze surely

martynp
26-01-2014, 15:42
I was at mike's (gt spares) Saturday and he had a grey 5 there with the cybercooler fitted to it. I think he mite be taking it off the car as he was converting it back to standard. Don't hold me to it but mite be worth asking him.

chris
26-01-2014, 15:55
it wouldn't get the same cooling as an exposed one though. and its a bit of squeeze surely

Every front mount is a squeeze I think the pipe work is the worst bit to get it not to rub and so on. It's a matter of taste I think the ones behind the front bumper look better but if your happy to have an aftermarket bumper then go for it :)

hickman
26-01-2014, 18:33
In using a cossie 2wd cooler behind the bumper was a absolute pig to fit ended up having pipes welded to it to get clearance for the boost pipes but it's worth it when the bumpers on and you extra bay space

Brigsy
26-01-2014, 20:27

I doubt you will notice any difference in cooling. You want the intercooler as close to the rad as poss anyway ideally

Adam 005
26-01-2014, 20:52
I am a fan of GT Tuning but that said the Cyber cooler is not the best item they did. The pipe run is poor at best with more 90 degre turns than a 70s Louts.Then once you have done up the numerous hose clips which I might add takes around a week you will find the final pipe hits the bonnet cross member:mad:. Buy now you will have had to grind a bit of the cross member away only to find the pipe hits the alternator and does not line up with the carb inlet.

So you have spent a week fitting the cooler with some grinding here and there and more tea breaks than Guy Martin and your happy well happy until you offer the Evo style bumper up to said Cyber cooler :cry: and I could go on.

But with all that said there is no better looking front mount intercooler on a GT than the GT Tuning Cyber Cooler as we can see form the picture below which makes it all worth while:smokin:

turbo ted
26-01-2014, 21:29
my mrs car used to run a pace charge cooler and always ran hot on boost but since I fitted the gt tuning front mount intercooler on its own it never gets hot even on the hot summer days we do get regards rob. picture below.

Bubblebagmagic
26-01-2014, 22:02
Just to let you know mate I paid 850ish with vat for my cybercooler of gt tunning also they cucked in the spray jets for me for free, I've seen the one your on about and in my opinion if say 300 tops a lot of damage on the pipe, I seen one on gt turbo spares think it was 200ish and was in much better condition, the guys at gt tuning said to get around the alternator buy a extra but of pipe to cut to size and a pice of hose aswell! I have picture of mine in the box on my profile, to be fair for the price I paid I shud of got a cheaper one because there no chance it's going beinde the standard bumper unless u want it on show then I think the durability of the bumper will go

Bubblebagmagic
26-01-2014, 22:03
That was in October aswell, they said to make new now would be about a grand inc vat

GTphil
27-01-2014, 08:06
£1000 for a cooler:rolleyes: I did mine for 200 notes, I had to loose the crossmember tho. Took me a good day and a half to fit. I'm good at procrastinating :laugh: