PDA

View Full Version : Help (North London) :x

Bodell
10-09-2008, 07:51
I now have my front panel courtesy of Raj. (ty mate delivered super quick)

But unfortunately i don't have a welder, or any welding experience. So i can't put it in, it will cost me a fortune down a garage most probably.

I was wondering if there was anyone near Enfield (EN1 3DP), that could possibly help me out. I don't mind driving, but not too far as my car has no front bumper/grill and a bent up front and i know what the police are like :crap:

(i do have a front bumper but it needs spraying [courtesy of soapymech - cheers mate], i guess i could always try putting that on just for the journey?)

Sorry if it is a bit cheeky to ask someone to weld my front panel on for me. But i will do biscuit/beer runs :)

(Still waiting on my grill[e] and back bumper to come [Mike Wilson - has suposidly sent] it but it has been 8days :(, then i can think about the subframe)

Roach
10-09-2008, 17:10
Hi, mate i'm in N London area in the EN1 as well, I have'nt got a welder but if you need any parts for your car I got loads....pm me if you need anything or any help

laters

:cool:

Markey Mark (BD)
10-09-2008, 17:50
I now have my front panel courtesy of Raj. (ty mate delivered super quick)

But unfortunately i don't have a welder, or any welding experience. So i can't put it in, it will cost me a fortune down a garage most probably.

I was wondering if there was anyone near Enfield (EN1 3DP), that could possibly help me out. I don't mind driving, but not too far as my car has no front bumper/grill and a bent up front and i know what the police are like :crap:

(i do have a front bumper but it needs spraying [courtesy of soapymech - cheers mate], i guess i could always try putting that on just for the journey?)

Sorry if it is a bit cheeky to ask someone to weld my front panel on for me. But i will do biscuit/beer runs :)

(Still waiting on my grill[e] and back bumper to come [Mike Wilson - has suposidly sent] it but it has been 8days :(, then i can think about the subframe)

I might be able to borrow my bro's welder if you still need help mate, i've had to do my front panel on my old 5 before.

Bodell
10-09-2008, 18:40
I might be able to borrow my bro's welder if you still need help mate, i've had to do my front panel on my old 5 before.

That would be really useful if you could, i don't mind giving you a bit of cash for your trouble.

Do you think you would be able to take the old one off and put this new one on?

p.s - Roach where about you from in EN1 (im down by willow road)? I haven't seen any r5's around here! :o

Markey Mark (BD)
10-09-2008, 21:58
That would be really useful if you could, i don't mind giving you a bit of cash for your trouble.

Do you think you would be able to take the old one off and put this new one on?

Yeah i could change it for you, let me see if i can get hold of it. How soon do you need it done for mate?

car.crash
10-09-2008, 22:02
i would offer a hand but i have bitten off more than i can chew at the moment.

Bodell
10-09-2008, 22:05
Yeah i could change it for you, let me see if i can get hold of it. How soon do you need it done for mate?

Was hoping to get it ready for Ace Cafe on monday :x Even if i have to go down with a blue bumper :(

What sort of time/day where you thinking?

Markey Mark (BD)
10-09-2008, 22:06
Was hoping to get it ready for Ace Cafe on monday :x Even if i have to go down with a blue bumper :(

What sort of time/day where you thinking?

Ah i wouldn't be able to do it before then mate as i've got another job planned for this weekend.

Bodell
10-09-2008, 22:09
When after that do you think, i can always go down Ace in my mates pug 106. It just would of been better, but i'll survive. :rolleyes:

msn = minib21@hotmail.com if thats easier to do.

Markey Mark (BD)
10-09-2008, 22:10
When after that do you think, i can always go down Ace in my mates pug 106. It just would of been better, but i'll survive. :rolleyes:

msn = minib21@hotmail.com if thats easier to do.

The following weekend ok?

Bodell
10-09-2008, 22:15
The following weekend ok?

Sunday 21st? I would have finished work by then so i am free all day. As i am currently working 7days a week.

Would bringing a front sub frame with me be too much, or do you have the stuff to swap that over aswell? I don't want to take the p*ss.

Markey Mark (BD)
10-09-2008, 22:18
Sunday 21st? I would have finished work by then so i am free all day. As i am currently working 7days a week.

Would bringing a front sub frame with me be too much, or do you have the stuff to swap that over aswell? I don't want to take the p*ss.

I'll see if i can swap that over too mate, i'll get a few mates over to help as that'll be a big job to do it in a day, possible to do so we'll see mate.

Sunday 21st is fine mate

Bodell
10-09-2008, 22:39
I'll see if i can swap that over too mate, i'll get a few mates over to help as that'll be a big job to do it in a day, possible to do so we'll see mate.

Sunday 21st is fine mate

Sorted :) Now all i need to do is find a front sub frame. From somewhere before the 21st :sad2:

Where would be a good place to meet and do it all?

Markey Mark (BD)
10-09-2008, 22:42
Sorted :) Now all i need to do is find a front sub frame. From somewhere before the 21st :sad2:

If your bringing the car here mate i'm breaking a Raider which you could have the subframe off i could get it off ready for the sunday

Bodell
10-09-2008, 22:57
http://profile.imageshack.us/user/bodell

Here are the pics (white 1)

Just so you know what your in for, you can still say no :laugh:

And yes i would be interested in the sub frame :)

Markey Mark (BD)
11-09-2008, 17:28
http://profile.imageshack.us/user/bodell

Here are the pics (white 1)

Just so you know what your in for, you can still say no :laugh:

And yes i would be interested in the sub frame :)

Just looked at the pic's mate, hope that hasn't tweeked the leg in as we might be in abit of trouble then. We'll have to have a good look when you bring it down.