View Full Version : Boost sensor in new hoses

TopCat
20-01-2014, 20:28
Hi chaps,

I've got a boost sensor out of my original boost hose, but how do you fit it to a new samco/sfs type hose? I've got a hole in the new hose for it but its way too big.

Any ideas of how it's fitted?

Cheers

Trevhib
21-01-2014, 10:11
New hoses have between zero and any mix of up to three outlets from memory (in addition to the main boost run obviously).

0. i.e nothing
1. over-boost outlet (which I assume has a threaded brass insert)
2. plain d/v outlet
3. plain perc fan outlet (or whatever that one connects to)

Put up a pic of the hose TC. Let's see which holes you've got. :D

Edit - IIRC there were two types of over-boost switch early/later, adjustable/non-adjustable. I can't remember if they have different sized fittings. It's possible.

Goobie
21-01-2014, 14:17
Just to add to what Trev said, the over boost switch only goes in the shorter boost hose of the two, I.e. from turbo to intercooler. :)

Trevhib
21-01-2014, 15:00
Ooh, blinkin' eck, of course! :o

D'oh. Scrap what I said TC, it's garbage, lol.

Dre5gtt
21-01-2014, 16:26
So that is what's on the smaller hose, I take it phase 1 s never had it then ?

Trevhib
21-01-2014, 16:30
My early phase 1 had an over-boost sensor Dre.

Dre5gtt
21-01-2014, 17:02
Suppose no one stuck one on when putting the samco hose on then mate
I want to put a dump valve on to help with spool as at the moment you can here the air going back and it's no good for turbo really. I don't want it to loud though I have a re-curculatin dv on my Audi and it's not in you face just the way I like it

Trevhib
21-01-2014, 17:46
Yeah, I imagine your car had the over-boost set-up when it had the original boost hoses :agree:

As with a lot of things on the GTT, they are useful but not necessarily essential.

Some of them were adjustable, so could be used for things like water/methanol injection set-ups. i.e. when the boost reaches a certain level the over-boost switch (now being used in a different way), could make the water injection system fire.

TopCat
21-01-2014, 20:40
Hi all,

It is the smaller hose Trev, it has the it out but not the thread for it. It's all been sorted out now, sfs forgot to put the metal fitting in for it- they've said they'll ship it out foc :)

Trevhib
22-01-2014, 09:58
:agree:

Jonny5
22-01-2014, 10:08
Hi all,It's all been sorted out now, sfs forgot to put the metal fitting in for it- they've said they'll ship it out foc :)

Did you not think to ring them first before posting on here? :cooter:

TopCat
22-01-2014, 13:45
Did you not think to ring them first before posting on here? :cooter:

It was outside of office hours U helm :cooter:

Haven't you got some chroming to do ;)

Trevhib
22-01-2014, 15:55
:laugh:

Dre5gtt
22-01-2014, 16:30
Yeah, I imagine your car had the over-boost set-up when it had the original boost hoses :agree:

As with a lot of things on the GTT, they are useful but not necessarily essential.

Some of them were adjustable, so could be used for things like water/methanol injection set-ups. i.e. when the boost reaches a certain level the over-boost switch (now being used in a different way), could make the water injection system fire.

Cool mate nice to know :agree: