PDA

View Full Version : CANCELLED :( 7/8 June - Sangliers 2014

Tutuur
10-01-2014, 19:47
So what is going to happen with this now?

i'm kinda busy trying to charter more lads from NL to visit 'Les Sangliers' too so i'd like to know what you guys are upto....

Romil Davda
10-01-2014, 19:55
I have emailed Xenon to send me the details of Sangliers 2014.

Once I have the information, I will post up a thread or even edit this one.

Will list the event details and also agenda for the following day/s and local hotels.

I will see you and the others there.

Nurburgring on Sunday?

Tutuur
10-01-2014, 20:28
i think you've missed out the thread thas has been deleted.

afaik the lads that where there last year have booked Le'nid again and i proposed to visit the NL together after Sanglier as the ring is closed that weekend due to Rock am ring.

My club was going to organise a little slalom/auto-x meeting in the end of May but i asked them to move it to the 7th of June. So the idea was to visit that and proceed to Hoorn (my hometown) after to have diner, enjoy the dutch aromas and drink a nice cold beer etc.

R5MJH
10-01-2014, 20:28
I have emailed Xenon to send me the details of Sangliers 2014.

Once I have the information, I will post up a thread or even edit this one.

Will list the event details and also agenda for the following day/s and local hotels.

I will see you and the others there.

Nurburgring on Sunday?

youve been out of the loop awhile rom arthurs arranging a meet in holland for the sunday matey

Romil Davda
10-01-2014, 20:38
youve been out of the loop awhile rom arthurs arranging a meet in holland for the sunday matey

I have missed out indeed! PM sent to Tutuur :smokin:

Ashy
10-01-2014, 21:49
Thread tidied up, please stay on topic, thanks.

Tutuur
10-01-2014, 21:51
the idea was to visit NL with everyone the day after as the ring is closed and there isn't anything in Spa too.

my club was going to organise a mini slalom/auto-x meeting somewhere central in the NL so i came to the idea to invite you guys over and make a little europe tour out of it

everyone was positive about it so i proposed to book a hotel (ex prison redesigned as hotel) which is in the middle of the city centre in my hometown. not expensive and good location to make use of the restaurants, bars and ofcourse the "coffee shop".

Penfold aka The Dealer
10-01-2014, 21:54
Thread tidied up, please stay on topic, thanks.

:agree:

Yeh tutuur, I think the last stage was we were awaiting numbers of people up for joining you...

Romil Davda
10-01-2014, 23:25
I have started an Event on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/events/671953272856972/

If you are not a member of the group, please send over a request and I will accept it ;)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/rtoclub/

Slammed 66
10-01-2014, 23:42
Right, second time around.

I'm in :)

Thanks Romil :niceone:

Penfold aka The Dealer
10-01-2014, 23:44
Why is there a group on Facebook?? Surely the website is enough???

Just means more places to update??

*not being arsey, genuine question?

Romil Davda
11-01-2014, 00:37
Why is there a group on Facebook?? Surely the website is enough???

Just means more places to update??

Group on FB is to keep up with the social interaction that FB can offer. We are also looking to upgrade this website and FB is easier to access from a smart phone (well for me anyway!).

Yes more places to update but that'll give me something to do ;)

R5MJH
11-01-2014, 00:48
ive already reserved hotel but at worse there are others around but not so close i think but least you still get to do the main day together still

xenon
13-01-2014, 19:08
good evening everyone.
I have bad news .....:cry::cry::cry::cry: result as a concern that is not our responsibility, we can make the SANGLIER 2014.:mad::mad:

it is now two months, we do our best to find a solution:crap:, and unfortunately every time the response and negative :(!! me and the organizing team, we apologize for that for worry ! :cry:

Junglist
13-01-2014, 19:20
FCS it is then.

gtmatt
13-01-2014, 19:46
good evening everyone.
I have bad news .....:cry::cry::cry::cry: result as a concern that is not our responsibility, we can make the SANGLIER 2014.:mad::mad:

it is now two months, we do our best to find a solution:crap:, and unfortunately every time the response and negative :(!! me and the organizing team, we apologize for that for worry ! :cry:

Is the event not on ?? Or you are not attending ??

Ricardo
13-01-2014, 19:47
good evening everyone.

So what happens now to people who have booked hotel rooms and ferry/train crossings?

Is this event definitely cancelled??

Can we not organise for just all maybe have a big meet up somewhere, it would still be great to come over for a nice weekend away :)

Tutuur
13-01-2014, 19:53
This sucks even more! Now you lads have already booked hotels, crossing etc. And the ring isn't open either!

Yes i could try to organize a nice meet in the Netherlands if that would be a good alternative?
That would only cover the crossing though.

Damn! This really sucks as ideally i'd want to visit uk now for fcs/nd :scratch:

Ashy
13-01-2014, 20:00
Damn! This really sucks as ideally i'd want to visit uk now for fcs/nd :scratch:

It would certainly be good to have you over! Can something not be done with the per booked crossings to switch them the other way and use them for you guys to come over?

Penfold aka The Dealer
13-01-2014, 20:01
Not good, hope something can get sorted... A great event

Ricardo
13-01-2014, 20:07
Regardless of the event taking place or not I still might make a weekend away of it

Tutuur
13-01-2014, 20:15
I'm a bit in a dilemma now as i want to visit ND for 3 years now!

I've been to FCS in 2012 and liked it so Rtoc being there is even better!
On the other hand i can't leave you out in the blue and organise nothing...

I reckon cancelling the hotel would be possible as you had such good contact with them? And since they're fully booked already they'll probably get the rooms filled anyway...

And regarding the eurotunnel, would that be worth a shot to try and switch them over?

I reckon the frenchies will be keen to visit ND if Sangliers falls....

Slammed 66
13-01-2014, 20:16
In the words of Michael Caine

http://youtu.be/x4C9HuLu4B0

Romil Davda
13-01-2014, 20:22
Ohhh bugger! :brickwall:

How many people have booked Eurotunnel/Hotels? (trying to work out if we can still put on a little event).

FCS it is then...

Slammed 66
13-01-2014, 20:30
I'm thinking we could head over for the Dutch guys sprint day if the timing is right and maybe a day at spa or the ring?

Who'd be up for something along those lines?

Tutuur
13-01-2014, 20:33
Well the thing is, there is no sprint day yet.

There where some ideas to organise something like that the end of May but i asked of they could do it the 8th of June as the ring has 'Rock am ring'and Spa has nohing special either.

Tbh i just hope you guys would be able to reverse the eurotunnel and/or cancel the hotel....

Don't get me wrong, it would be lovely to have you guys over but i wan't to go to uk too!

chris
13-01-2014, 21:01
Do national day with us at FCS and we will try and sort something where we come to you another time and do a ring day or spa:)

Guybrush
13-01-2014, 21:04
I'm thinking we could head over for the Dutch guys sprint day if the timing is right and maybe a day at spa or the ring?

Who'd be up for something along those lines?

as long as you throw in a smoke and a pancake, i'm there :agree:

Tutuur
13-01-2014, 21:12
See my dilemma? :D

Slammed 66
13-01-2014, 21:18
Tutuur, when did you guys originally plan to have your sprint day? I can't remember since the original thread has been lost :rolleyes:

We could always aim to just have a weekend at spa this year anyway if enough people fancy it?

Sometime out of the way of National Day.

Who'd be up for that?

Matt Cole
13-01-2014, 21:20
It would be a crying shame if all that were on the sangliers couldn't now make ND especially ad the French are wanting to come this side of the water!

Could be a good turnout after all .;)

Ricardo
13-01-2014, 21:27
Tutuur, when did you guys originally plan to have your sprint day? I can't remember since the original thread has been lost :rolleyes:

We could always aim to just have a weekend at spa this year anyway if enough people fancy it?

Who'd be up for that?

Even if Sangliers is cancelled, the majority of people who were heading over there still won't be attending FCS/ND

Tutuur
13-01-2014, 21:29

Who'd be up for that?

I don't think that'll be there first concern tbh mate.

The point is lots of them have already booked hotel and crossing.

I would be more than happy to organise something in europe in the future and already have some good alternatives. Maybe a good replacement for Sangliers IF the lads who already booked manage to get some of their money back....

car.crash
13-01-2014, 21:30
Why did sangliers cancel?

R5MJH
13-01-2014, 21:42
Why did sangliers cancel?

i thought your membership had run out you cheeky fecker:laugh:

ill cancel the hotel then, bollox oh well least ive done one :cry:

Tutuur
13-01-2014, 21:47
Just had a look on Eurotunnels website and looking at ticket variaties i assume the lads who've already booked the eurotunnel got a 5 day flexi plus ticket?

So depending on the date of purchase the ticket will be useful on other dates too....

I hope some of the lads whom this applies to will reply...

R5MJH
13-01-2014, 21:51
luckily i only resed hotel which can be cancelled no probs

5teve L
13-01-2014, 21:54
Marc, Mike, I had to edit your posts. PM me if you need to know why.

Steve

Tutuur
13-01-2014, 21:55
I'll be awaiting the replies....

R5MJH
14-01-2014, 15:06
ive just cancelled hotel there is another roadtrip in pipeline the week before for the ring and wsr spa but its not my idea, but sounds promising

Junglist
14-01-2014, 19:37
Luckily I hadn't booked the tunnel and only reserved the hotel.
Would be a good crack if we could get some of the guys from over the water to join us at Nat day.

R5MJH
14-01-2014, 19:40
Luckily I hadn't booked the tunnel and only reserved the hotel.
Would be a good crack if we could get some of the guys from over the water to join us at Nat day.

marc was sweet at the hotel i cancelled today:agree:

Junglist
14-01-2014, 19:43
I bet he's gutted too ££££

R5MJH
14-01-2014, 19:46
I bet he's gutted too ££££

i bet we had the whole hotel last year typical the renault dealership isnt available this year, oh well theres next hopefully:eek::cry:

R5MJH
14-01-2014, 19:47
i bet we had the whole hotel last year typical the renault dealership isnt available this year, oh well theres next hopefully:eek::cry:

oh yer and we all drank the bar dry pmsl:laugh::laugh::agree:

Junglist
14-01-2014, 20:07
oh yer and we all drank the bar dry pmsl:laugh::laugh::agree:

I was on pints of vodka redbull at one point. :rolleyes:

R5MJH
07-04-2014, 17:05
just got a invite for the WSR spa weekend 31/5 to 1/6 2014

absolutely gutting just hope this event is on next year:cry::cry:

B18ftMOJO5
07-04-2014, 18:58
Thats a shame maybe we could contact the organisers to ask to transfer to fcs and make it a ND bash to remember. I assume cancelling at this late date people will still be up for a meet, it all depends if there up for a trip across the channel.:agree:

B18ftMOJO5
07-04-2014, 18:59
It would be a crying shame if all that were on the sangliers couldn't now make ND especially ad the French are wanting to come this side of the water!

Could be a good turnout after all .;)

:agree:

R5MJH
07-04-2014, 19:22
its a invite for spa only, the world renault series weekend that we went to after sangliers last year, ive been invited by email from the organisers as we entered last year pity really:cry::cry: