PDA

View Full Version : Carb rebuild

GTTURBO1988
09-01-2014, 19:36
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Hi chaps I put a post on a week or so ago about a carb overhaul kit for gt turbo. I have now purchased the kit and it looks like it will really help so cheers to the member that pointed me to the club shop. I am looking to have the carb rebuilt so was wondering if anyone can suggest who I can send it to just to make sure it done right. Any suggestions I would be great cheers

TopCat
09-01-2014, 19:41
There's plenty people here that would do it mate. From what I hear Matt @ code red is really good.

Obviously you'd need to have the car there to tweak it for u properly.

casper
09-01-2014, 19:50

Hi chaps I put a post on a week or so ago about a carb overhaul kit for gt turbo. I have now purchased the kit and it looks like it will really help so cheers to the member that pointed me to the club shop. I am looking to have the carb rebuilt so was wondering if anyone can suggest who I can send it to just to make sure it done right. Any suggestions I would be great cheers

Just do it yourself.:agree:

James5
09-01-2014, 19:54
As above plenty of help can be had from the forum I would say strip it down yourself if you have any questions then just ask, but lay it all out on a nice clean flat surface and take your time.

Some guide's in the articles section that could be helpful aswell:agree:

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=27381

smithyr5gt
09-01-2014, 20:48
as above again. do it your self mate. did my first 5s carb when i had it. ( never touched a carb before) and it wasn't hard. just remember CLEAN. keep everything clean and take loads of pictures. good luck. :agree:

LiamR
09-01-2014, 22:10
As mentioned above.....

Methodical and clean is the way forward. It's pretty easy to do, even I did mine ;)

Any probs,get back on here and people will help out :agree:

GTTURBO1988
10-01-2014, 09:59

Ok chaps will give it a go myself nice to know people are here to give some advice if it all goes tits up. Will give it a go at the weekend and let u all know how I get on cheers. :)

Trevhib
10-01-2014, 13:01
Do some searching on the boards before you start. The advice is all there. No point waiting until something has gone wrong to tap into the knowledge here :agree: