PDA

View Full Version : Where are my messages?

Pages : [1] 2

Adey aka Ewok
08-01-2014, 21:36
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g278/adey1984/BE5A6A68-055A-4E8F-89D5-C1489B22FE9D_zpsdojjjkur.jpg

anyone care to explain?

dj_craig_
08-01-2014, 21:37
And location ?

Adey aka Ewok
08-01-2014, 21:40
ahh my location was deleted for advertising i assume? back now though. still would like to know where my PRIVATE messages have gone

LeeR5GTT
08-01-2014, 21:58
:scratch:

Will look into the issue :agree:

Adey aka Ewok
08-01-2014, 21:59
i would appreciate that, odd that its only mine that seem to have gone?

Mart
08-01-2014, 22:04
Lee, perhaps you can also look into why my board moderator status has been removed, without so much as a PM from the Committee person who carried it out?

ScottKinnear
08-01-2014, 22:10
I'm not saying it is an option here, but all pm's can be read by admins through the cp panel.

Nothing is secret

TopCat
08-01-2014, 22:11
I'm not saying it is an option here, but all pm's can be read by admins through the cp panel.

Nothing is secret

Told ya Adey :(

Here we go again :popcorn:

LeeR5GTT
08-01-2014, 22:13
Will do Mart :agree:

Phil W
08-01-2014, 22:16
RTOC police state!

Adey aka Ewok
08-01-2014, 22:16
well someone top level has done something and it needs to be sorted

Adey aka Ewok
08-01-2014, 22:17

id click like but i cant see that option here lol

Hoolio
08-01-2014, 22:18

I hope not. I think the rank and file are simply not interested in the politics that have been going on around here but if this is more than just an innocent mistake it would be the last straw.

TopCat
08-01-2014, 22:19
id click like but i cant see that option here lol

Hahaha. I'll pm u on rtof.... THIS I'm sure is one of the reasons rtof is building members. :jerkoff:

Adey aka Ewok
08-01-2014, 22:19
its not the first time issues with messages being read has come up

LeeR5GTT
08-01-2014, 22:25

Nothing is secret

You were correct in your first breath, it is not an option here

Mart
08-01-2014, 22:29

I disagree.

ScottKinnear
08-01-2014, 22:30

Your probably right mate, but I never give moderators the option to see that either in there c panel. ;)

BluntyR5GTT
08-01-2014, 22:31
I for one certainly have never had access to anyone elses messages etc.

Slammed 66
08-01-2014, 22:37
As above. I've got no control over anyone's messages

Adey aka Ewok
08-01-2014, 22:38
who was the last person in there who changed my location? maybe they know something?

JRP
08-01-2014, 23:24
Lee, perhaps you can also look into why my board moderator status has been removed, without so much as a PM from the Committee person who carried it out?

Not the only one :(

Penfold aka The Dealer
09-01-2014, 00:10
Poor show if this is been done on purpose....

We will loose long standing members, loyal club members, and not just those you want rid off...

Members are fed up with reading all this stuff... And will leave the club

Scoff
09-01-2014, 00:17

Nothing is secret

No they can't. You should check information like that before you post it. Some might read that as you trying to trigger a backlash.

gtmatt
09-01-2014, 00:24
Poor show if this is been done on purpose....

We will loose long standing members, loyal club members, and not just those you want rid off...

Members are fed up with reading all this stuff... And will leave the club

Agree ,what the hell is going on at the moment with the club and its committee ??? Some ones got a bee in there five by the sounds of it , very poor show

Penfold aka The Dealer
09-01-2014, 00:33
No they can't. You should check information like that before you post it. Some might read that as you trying to trigger a backlash.

Scoff is right...

I had most access, it was not possible for me to read pm's...

Well there is a hack, but would make it very obvious for the person who I wanted to hack....

Adey aka Ewok
09-01-2014, 05:15
You don't always need a hack, from what I can see db access is enough to get into them if someone wanted, there are legal and moral complications of doing this though.

ScottKinnear
09-01-2014, 05:28

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=299006

If your the admin scoff, you know it can be done. There is no traceability of it being done. Every message written in pm is available to see. It's also written into most skins as standard.
Whether it's available here in the c panel would be up to the person who set it up for you at the very start. It's just about choosing what you want too see.

I was just responding to a members post. The fact his pm's disappeared would indicate his right to use them was taken away. I was just saying that doesn't need to happen to read pm's. That's done else where.

Hope that's cleared up :) ( just be careful who's watching you. Not just here but on them all.

I should add. It might be available as a plug in and never installed in which case scoff would be spot on

TNT ANDY
09-01-2014, 06:21
:sad2:

andybond
09-01-2014, 07:34

They in theory could , but ethically not right to do. Its also a bit of hassle.

I have no fears that the RTOC committee can read any ones PMs but their own.

rs250nut
09-01-2014, 10:13
What the hell is going on with this club at the minute, all it ever seems to be is arguements arguements and more arguements about the same sort of shit. I think there are a fair few members on here who need to give there head a shake and stop shit stirring. Also if one of the committee or who ever has made this mistake be it genuine or not needs to grow a pair and hold there hand up!!!!!! Sick of reading this bs now

robw
09-01-2014, 10:36
I'm getting a bit fedup of all of the bitching on Rtoc, didn't used to be like this. Feels like Rtoc has turned into Cliosport

Adey aka Ewok
09-01-2014, 11:14
RIGHT WHOS GOING TO OWN UP TO GOING INTO MY PROFILE? CHANGING MY LOCATION AND DISABLING MY PRIVATE MESSAGES?!!!!!

some ones done it and you need to hold you hands up! that is not on in the slightest :mad: im assuming theres a log of activity and id like someone to take a look into who has done it and an explanation

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g278/adey1984/F2BE5C2E-8DFC-4E76-908B-A24DD99565D9_zpsurg3k5cx.jpg

Penfold aka The Dealer
09-01-2014, 11:38
RIGHT WHOS GOING TO OWN UP TO GOING INTO MY PROFILE? CHANGING MY LOCATION AND DISABLING MY PRIVATE MESSAGES?!!!!!

some ones done it and you need to hold you hands up! that is not on in the slightest :mad: im assuming theres a log of activity and id like someone to take a look into who has done it and an explanation

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g278/adey1984/F2BE5C2E-8DFC-4E76-908B-A24DD99565D9_zpsurg3k5cx.jpg

It's a joke.
Really is, when ever I edited permissions or banned people I always messaged them to let them know what and why.

Adey has done nothing wrong COMMITEE, long standing member... All car forums look the same.

Feel free to ban mr aswell, the way things are going not going to be much of a club left,..

Ian S
09-01-2014, 11:44
No one here at RTOC has higher vBulletin admin permissions that I do and I was not aware it was even possible to read members PM's.

Assess to the site files and database via FTP, or anything, is restricted to only two or three people, me being one. The other two set up the website and I'd guess, would have no time, never mind reason or interest, in retrieving individual PMs.

As far as I can tell there are no plug-ins, or anything else, installed here to enable it.

As far as I know, the last time "issues with messages being read has come up" was about 2005(?) on the old site? Never before or since?

Such a facility WOULD be useful as when I was deleting spammers 7 days every week, up until the talk of a rival website 4 weeks or so ago and joking or otherwise, the inference that this site was about to be undermined and all the hard work reduced to nothing, I was also deleting spammers private messages so they didn't sit there for ever clogging the database, as deleting an account does not delete the messages. It would have be useful to see when the messages were if more than just the welcome message.

Also where people have been banned for, basically, thieving from members via the classifieds, it would have been useful, maybe helped us get some money back for whatever.

Adey aka Ewok
09-01-2014, 11:46
ok and a response to who changed my settings? the log of who went in there?

Scoff
09-01-2014, 14:05
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=299006

If your the admin scoff, you know it can be done. There is no traceability of it being done. Every message written in pm is available to see. It's also written into most skins as standard.
Whether it's available here in the c panel would be up to the person who set it up for you at the very start. It's just about choosing what you want too see.

I was just responding to a members post. The fact his pm's disappeared would indicate his right to use them was taken away. I was just saying that doesn't need to happen to read pm's. That's done else where.

Hope that's cleared up :) ( just be careful who's watching you. Not just here but on them all.

I should add. It might be available as a plug in and never installed in which case scoff would be spot on

Yes, but again just to be clear to everyone, it isn't available here.

It isn't available in adminCP, even to top Administrators, of which there are very few anyway, meaning the only possible way would be to enter the database and rummage round until I found what I wanted. Only me or Gordon could do that, and I'm sure I can say on Gordon's behalf too that neither of us have any interest in that at all :)

Scoff
09-01-2014, 14:19
They in theory could , but ethically not right to do. Its also a bit of hassle.

I have no fears that the RTOC committee can read any ones PMs but their own.

By 'they' I mean the committee and admin, and 'they' can't, with the exception of Gordon perhaps but I'm confident he's no time or interest in that.

The last thing we need now is people thinking that their private messages are being read too.

Adey aka Ewok
09-01-2014, 14:21
good to know but someone did go in and change stuff in my profile, my location and turned of private messaging, is anyone looking at the logs to see who did it?

andybond
09-01-2014, 14:54
By 'they' I mean the committee and admin, and 'they' can't, with the exception of Gordon perhaps but I'm confident he's no time or interest in that.

The last thing we need now is people thinking that their private messages are being read too.

No, no - I clarified that in my last statement Scoff.

I said they could. They being them who have permissions. I have no idea what has and hasnt been installed as an addon.

I also said I dont think they would.

Any way around , there are not T&C written by RTOC expressed or otherwise that say they will or wont access messages.

Just to reiterate , I dont think the committee do read messages.

Adey aka Ewok
09-01-2014, 16:29
ok so im starting to think something fishy is going on here, 4 committee members have posted in here and at least 6 have viewed the thread, only one has said they will look into it yet no one has given an answer at all. That's nigh on 50% of those in charge have seen this yet nothing is being said, in fact it almost looks like im being actively ignored?

Its really not on that someone upstairs can get in and mess things about like that and i will continue to keep bringing it up, you cant get this brushed under the carpet like all the other threads!

5teve L
09-01-2014, 16:33
Well something must have happened to the site Adey, I was upgraded to Moderator status yesterday & could move threads about etc, today I can't but I can still warn members :confused:

So maybe a problem with the site ?

Adey aka Ewok
09-01-2014, 16:38
a moderator should be able to do them things?

to much of a coincidence for my liking, my location was deleted at the same time, and i know that was deleted

as a mod can you not see if its actually being discussed?

Penfold aka The Dealer
09-01-2014, 16:44
a moderator should be able to do them things?

to much of a coincidence for my liking, my location was deleted at the same time, and i know that was deleted

as a mod can you not see if its actually being discussed?

Mods can't see the committee boards... Can see the bad threads page...

I wonder if who ever changed Adey's settings actually told/had the committee permission to do so, or whether it was just some sort of drunken mistake/committee powertrip/abuse of powers, abuse of trust

Adey aka Ewok
09-01-2014, 16:47
even then all they need to do is come forward and hold there hands up and say sorry. there are usually logs for this sort of thing so im sure they could be looked at?

JRP
09-01-2014, 16:48
Mods can't see the committee boards... Can see the bad threads page...

I wonder if who ever changed Adey's settings actually told/had the committee permission to do so, or whether it was just some sort of drunken mistake/committee powertrip/abuse of powers, abuse of trust

Might be wise to pm miller, he has been active lately and having a clean out.

Adey aka Ewok
09-01-2014, 17:00
I would of thought that one of the 4 CM's in here would of made it known to him and the rest of the Committee as they were going to look into it...

andybond
09-01-2014, 17:12
even then all they need to do is come forward and hold there hands up and say sorry. there are usually logs for this sort of thing so im sure they could be looked at?

There are logs.

Assuming the relevant people can get into the admin panel ( Scoff - who can ? ) the logs can be viewed under Statistics and Logs then Moderator logs. This views all post moderation.

For profiles its a bit different.

Note just to the right in small letters there is view change history.

You can then view who changed what.

Hmm, that appears to just tell the usergroups. Not profile changes.

Adey aka Ewok
09-01-2014, 17:13
:agree:

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
09-01-2014, 18:19
You got to the bottom of this yet Adey?

Adey aka Ewok
09-01-2014, 18:23
nope nothing no pms or anything

Big Steve - Raider
09-01-2014, 18:32
I've just asked Shaggy & he said it wasn't him....

TopCat
09-01-2014, 18:39

:laugh:

R5MJH
09-01-2014, 19:00
:laugh::laugh::laugh::agree:

5teve L
09-01-2014, 19:13

:wasntme::agree:

R5MJH
09-01-2014, 19:17
maybe big steve you should of asked genesis he had a invisible touch pmsl

James5
09-01-2014, 19:23
I don't give a shit as to whom has done what but can someone from the Committee (I don't care whom), please just message Adey advice what happened apologies and then close this thread. (I just want to read about car's, project's and tit's). If anyone new was looking at the site at the mo i would not blame them for not wanting to join up (Bad enough being an existing member and reading all this on a daily basis),

http://www.costaricantimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/big-tits.jpg

car.crash
09-01-2014, 19:31
Poor show James :sad2:

No nips :cool:

Jonny5
09-01-2014, 19:33
(Bad enough being an existing member and reading all this on a daily basis),

Nottswoody
09-01-2014, 19:41

It's 60% of the daily live screen now just crap and all the good stuff gets swollowed up in clubs issues.. I still haven't renewed my membership as of yet and the jury is still out if I'm bothering this year. I may not be a loss but the slope might get slippery from here.

TopCat
09-01-2014, 19:45
What piss take this club is. A member I'm good mates with (who will remain anonymous) has asked for the R T O F web address.

I messages him and it comes up with ******

Who's the :jerkoff: that wont allow that as content in a private message? You have no right at all to do that.

andybond
09-01-2014, 19:47
It's 60% of the daily live screen now just crap and all the good stuff gets swollowed up in clubs issues.. .

It could be telling you then that a fair few members are having a few issues.

Nad-5GTT
09-01-2014, 19:49

:agree: I used to enjoy the free entertainment reading the bitching going on here but even for me it's getting a bit boring now, I thought it was a car club not a Jeremy Kyle club.

James5
09-01-2014, 19:52

And those that aren't need to get off those topic's and let the ones that are having issue's sort it out with committee / mod's :D

Penfold aka The Dealer
09-01-2014, 19:53
What piss take this club is. A member I'm good mates with (who will remain anonymous) has asked for the R T O F web address.

I messages him and it comes up with ******

Who's the :jerkoff: that wont allow that as content in a private message? You have no right at all to do that.

Freedom of speech, Adey being treated discriminately, members who technically own the website are having the rights and freedom removed....

No response from the committee is a joke, their given the rights by US the members, we can also remove them!!!

Penfold aka The Dealer
09-01-2014, 19:55
http://********************

Adey aka Ewok
09-01-2014, 19:58
whats really grating me is the fact ive sat and watched the majority of the committee log on to the site today and view the thread some repeatedly but not one has said a word....

yes i was that bored and i was off work but theres a neat button on this site that lists online users and what they are up too, :( not something i would ever thought would happen here.

Also blocking of certain words from the site it seems?

Adey aka Ewok
09-01-2014, 20:00

Penfold aka The Dealer
09-01-2014, 20:03
It's a joke, really is, I was on the committee for years, promote the club hard...

How ever now, I will be promoting the other club/group...

Now what to do with all the email addresses I collected over the years (evil laugh)

*for legal reasons I will point out the above line is purely a joke.... Just like the current committee (although some are top guys and work hard etc, their good name and work is being ruined by all this shit)

Jonny5
09-01-2014, 20:04
http://********************

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u410/JonnyR5-2008/2773B333-1542-46BD-A68E-93B8925ECAE4_zpsciojxaxf.jpg (http://s1066.photobucket.com/user/JonnyR5-2008/media/2773B333-1542-46BD-A68E-93B8925ECAE4_zpsciojxaxf.jpg.html)

Think you mean this ;)

Freedom of Speech, No rules broken :p

JRP
09-01-2014, 20:04
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censorship_in_the_Soviet_Union

Penfold aka The Dealer
09-01-2014, 20:06
http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u410/JonnyR5-2008/2773B333-1542-46BD-A68E-93B8925ECAE4_zpsciojxaxf.jpg (http://s1066.photobucket.com/user/JonnyR5-2008/media/2773B333-1542-46BD-A68E-93B8925ECAE4_zpsciojxaxf.jpg.html)

Think you mean this ;)

Freedom of Speech, No rules broken :p

Haha yep

We can talk about mlr, clio sport, 21toc but not Adey's new one??? Discrimination against the member who OWN the website!!! The committee don't own RTOC

Big Steve - Raider
09-01-2014, 20:07
It's a joke, really is, I was on the committee for years, promote the club hard...

How ever now, I will be promoting the other club/group...

andybond
09-01-2014, 20:19
And those that aren't need to get off those topic's and let the ones that are having issue's sort it out with committee / mod's :D

Bit like what you should have done. :mad:;):p

5teve L
09-01-2014, 20:20
Why bitch & moan about it all the time. Just **** off & don't log on anymore, simples. It's a free world.

I've had enough of all the back biting, bitching & moaning from the same members. For all we know you could be making it all up yourselves to drive a wedge through an already split RTOC.
We need to move forward from all this & rebuild RTOC, if that means members leaving or receiving bans then so be it.
It is pathetic some of the pettyness thats been going on the last few months.

chris
09-01-2014, 20:21
Adey someone will be in touch tonite you where told its being looked into and thats whats happening. I am working late so been checking on my phone all day to see whats happening. But thats all I can do.penfold I am really surprised you are being like this as you said you have worked hard over the years. this really could be the end of RTOC.

James5
09-01-2014, 20:21
Why bitch & moan about it all the time. Just **** off & don't log on anymore, simples. It's a free world.

I've had enough of all the back biting, bitching & moaning from the same members. For all we know you could be making it all up yourselves to drive a wedge through an already split RTOC.
We need to move forward from all this & rebuild RTOC, if that means members leaving or receiving bans then so be it.
It is pathetic some of the pettyness thats been going on the last few months.

James5
09-01-2014, 20:22
Bit like what you should have done. :mad:;):p

Exactly but you should have done it a while ago also :D:cooter: (not just you Andy but all of us including myself).

( that's my last post for this thread) :D

Adey aka Ewok
09-01-2014, 20:22

andybond
09-01-2014, 20:26
Exactly but you should have done it a while ago also :D:cooter: (not just you Andy but all of us including myself).

( that's my last post for this thread) :D

I was helping both sides in my posts Ill have you know.

I said it is possible to access PMs with plugins etc , but I didnt think it was ethical and I didnt think the RTOC bods would.

Cheeky bloody Southerner :wasntme:

Adey aka Ewok
09-01-2014, 20:30
Adey someone will be in touch tonite you where told its being looked into and thats whats happening. I am working late so been checking on my phone all day to see whats happening. But thats all I can do.

thanks for that, i was told it was getting looked into and that was it. there are plenty of cm's that have all been on line today and have been through this yet no one has said a word, the person who did it in the first place should of said something.

chris
09-01-2014, 20:30
im sorry do i cause trouble? im a paying member all i ask is im told why this has happened and who by?

And I just told you that it is being looked into. It really is that simple mate. The commitee are haveing a conference call tonite. And please guys if its that bad and your going to promote another site to pull RTOC members away then not on here :)

andybond
09-01-2014, 20:33
Why bitch & moan about it all the time.

We need to move forward from all this & rebuild RTOC,

Cos fug all seems to happen Steve.

Its great a few people shouting stop moaning and lets all have a group hug , but sod all appears to be happening from the outside. It seems that some ( lots ? ) are a little upset by some things on RTOC.

Threatning bans , or leaving the site is going to do a couple of things

1) ignore the problem
2) create a silence policy , where you will be brow beaten into silence.
3) drive people to find alternatives
4) lower renewals / new offenders. Sorry sign ups ;)

There are a few fixes.

1) Enter into dialogue with the troublemakers/backbiters/wedgedrivers/northerners/southerns
2) Start becoming more transparent.

Its great that Ross has started posting committee thingies up. Its great that some dialogue has been entered into.

Its then been negated by this PM-Gate saga. It was one thing that the hierarchy didnt need right now.

You cant make an omelette without breaking a few eggs unfortunately.

If I get a ban then so be it, but I cant sit back knowing I am cheesed with some things and I didnt speak up. Its just not the way I work.

Adey aka Ewok
09-01-2014, 20:34
And I just told you that it is being looked into. It really is that simple mate. The commitee are haveing a conference call tonite. And please guys if its that bad and your going to promote another site to pull RTOC members away then not on here :)

look above for your post its that simple, its not that involved is it? the person who did it comes to me either on her or via pm (which should of been done first) and says it was me and this is why so on and so forth

andybond
RTOC members away then not on here :)

+1000 times.

Lets fix the issues , not try and drag them somewhere else.

Nottswoody
im sorry do i cause trouble? im a paying member all i ask is im told why this has happened and who by?

Hey bud I'm far from saying any of this is your prob bud.. It's the "club" in general it's 60% doom n gloom.. I have Facebook to listen to people moan on the "club" used to be a place that was for the motors and that's what I loved.. I really hope someone helps you out I really do.. It's a shame it's come to this really

Adey aka Ewok
09-01-2014, 20:38
Hey bud I'm far from saying any of this is your prob bud.. It's the "club" in general it's 60% doom n gloom.. I have Facebook to listen to people moan on the "club" used to be a place that was for the motors and that's what I loved.. I really hope someone helps you out I really do.. It's a shame it's come to this really

it wasnt directed at you buddy it was for 5teve L, i should of quoted his post. :agree:

Penfold aka The Dealer
09-01-2014, 20:45
Adey someone will be in touch tonite you where told its being looked into and thats whats happening. I am working late so been checking on my phone all day to see whats happening. But thats all I can do.penfold I am really surprised you are being like this as you said you have worked hard over the years. this really could be the end of RTOC.

I generally do hope it's not the end....

But I am fed up with jack sh*t getting done, and certain members are taking away rights from members...

People on the committee need to look at the big picture and actually do something to make the members happy... That's all that is needed....

I feel let down down by the committee recently as a normal member, nothing good has happened in the last 6 months, ND saga, no updates on the forum, no new deals for the club shop, the general attitude towards members stinks... It needs sorting....

Adey aka Ewok
09-01-2014, 20:56
Why bitch & moan about it all the time. Just **** off & don't log on anymore, simples. It's a free world. I've had enough of all the back biting, bitching & moaning from the same members

im sorry do i cause trouble? im a paying member all i ask is im told why this has happened and who by? but great response for a mod to tell me to fcuk off :agree:

car.crash
09-01-2014, 21:05
What's all this moaning about change and getting things done?
What do you people actually want?

Ashy
09-01-2014, 21:17
Adey, please refer to THIS (http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=35968) thread.

Penfold aka The Dealer
09-01-2014, 21:23
What's all this moaning about change and getting things done?
What do you people actually want?

Would be nice to be able to message certain members, for members to be informed of why they have been restricted.

Be nice to have club spirit, not a them vs is.

The nick K sage, not being able to say a website name (why not, we can mention all other websites)...

car.crash
09-01-2014, 21:25
Would be nice to be able to message certain members, for members to be informed of why they have been restricted.

Be nice to have club spirit, not a them vs is.

The nick K sage, not being able to say a website name (why not, we can mention all other websites)...

Blue let's rewind a week before the new site etc.
People raving about change and wanting things, Andy bond a big shouter on all this.
What do you actually want?

How can you say about club spirit and start a new club.
I'm lost over all this.

Adey aka Ewok
09-01-2014, 21:26
Mate you've restricted me but I'm mearly the creator of the site, I haven't sent out any messages or anything? The only thing I have personally done was change my location, don't worry one of you cm's did the same. Posting screen shots from my site could be classed as intilectual property thus I will look into it further on my site. So basically you have restricted my access for no other reason than I run a site that I set up at the weekend?

Penfold aka The Dealer
09-01-2014, 21:29
At least we know now that somebody can read peoples pm's...

DaveL485
09-01-2014, 21:31
There's only one solution- Vote me in as Chairman :agree::cool:

I have £828million to spend on my campaign (and hookers and coke)

And...you all hate me already. Perfect candidate.

andybond
09-01-2014, 21:31
Blue let's rewind a week before the new site etc.
People raving about change and wanting things, Andy bond a big shouter on all this.
What do you actually want?

How can you say about club spirit and start a new club.
I'm lost over all this.

Cool. Infamous at last.

I have posted across several threads what I think is wanted and when.

I dont think you have read them.

http://global3.memecdn.com/woman_o_914998.jpg

andybond
09-01-2014, 21:32
I have £828million to spend on hookers and coke and waste the rest

EFA

andybond
09-01-2014, 21:35

I am not so sure it does buddy. It shows that someone ( me too ! ) recieved one. You can do that via massPM in Vbulletin.

Penfold aka The Dealer
09-01-2014, 21:38
I am not so sure it does buddy. It shows that someone ( me too ! ) recieved one. You can do that via massPM in Vbulletin.

Yeh forgot about that...

Statement retracted, and apologises to the committee -(grovelling)

DaveL485
09-01-2014, 21:48
It's sad to see this happening. It rings bells too, it's 21Toc all over again. This club is entering it's twilight period, I think. You might object and deny it but it is.
Less members, less resource, less cars. Less events, smaller turnout, less people willing to contribute. Granted it's on a bigger scale as it covers more cars/models but it's happening. I watched the 21Toc decline into the shell it is today, made of a few core members that refuse to give in. Events? We don't have events any more. We get together as a group of mates, we go on driving weekends occasionally, we socialise but as far as the "Club" goes it's pretty static. It's just another website to talk to the same people I have on Facebook, just specifically about the 21.

Hanging on the past will drag you down quicker. You need to react and adapt to the "Failing market". RTOC does not have the power, resource or pull that it used to.
Either you downsize operations and streamline, or push into new markets against strong competition. I tried, and failed, to take over the 21Toc and merge it with RTOC a few years ago (Which I still think was a rigged vote) which would have benefitted BOTH clubs no end. I still think it would. But after that, I stepped down from any sort of management in any club- I have done Events, Vice-Chair, Tech adviser over there (and was a Turbo-Wizard here, back in the day too lol).

If this club doesn't revolutionise, it's going to fade into nothing over the next few years.

Well. Interesting developments since I wrote this in September.

It's being expedited now though. I think, to refer back to another recent post, the Titanic just hit the iceberg.

As we plummet towards the icy waters, I do wonder to myself whether I should bolt for the small lifeboat of Adey's new forum, or start patching the large hole in the hull.

JRP
09-01-2014, 21:50
You do know that the film titanic is floored. There was plenty of room on the drift wood for him and the woman at the end.

andybond
09-01-2014, 21:53
Well. Interesting developments since I wrote this in September.

In a bitter irony , when put to vote the 21toc decided AGAINST joining the RTOC at the end of November.

Adey aka Ewok
09-01-2014, 21:55
Adey, please refer to THIS (http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=35968) thread.

Mate you've restricted me but I'm mearly the creator of the site, I haven't sent out any messages or anything? The only thing I have personally done was change my location, don't worry one of you cm's did the same. Posting screen shots from my site could be classed as intellectual property thus I will look into it further on my site. So basically you have restricted my access for no other reason than I run a site that I set up at the weekend?

Ashy
09-01-2014, 22:04
Mate you've restricted me but I'm mearly the creator of the site, I haven't sent out any messages or anything? The only thing I have personally done was change my location, don't worry one of you cm's did the same. Posting screen shots from my site could be classed as intellectual property thus I will look into it further on my site. So basically you have restricted my access for no other reason than I run a site that I set up at the weekend?

The committee felt that getting in touch with Rich Russell to try and gain permission to take our Articles to use on your site was reason enough.

Adey aka Ewok
09-01-2014, 22:05
The committee felt that getting in touch with Rich Russell to try and gain permission to take our Articles to use on your site was reason enough.

i did nothing of the sort!!!!!! can you prove this accusation. I am actually gob smacked!

Ashy
09-01-2014, 22:10
i did nothing of the sort!!!!!! can you prove this accusation. I am actually gob smacked!

I would post my response on RTOF but youve banned me. sorry.

Slammed 66
09-01-2014, 22:12
Oh, me too.

That's the kind of forum you're wanting then :scratch:

Adey aka Ewok
09-01-2014, 22:15
I would post my response on RTOF but youve banned me. sorry.

now thats just childish, its an rtoc issue and should be discussed here, i expected more from you tbh. id also msg you here privately but i cant.

indeed i have for theft :agree:

gtmatt
09-01-2014, 22:16
What a load of crap the committee need to give there head a wobble ,this has all come off certain people in the committee how are jealous of events over the last year and seen the arse , and the people who are getting a hard time or sh,it of the committee are real members of this club who have been to events ,organised events more than the committee.

It's a free world and if some one wants to start another page or go to meet with friends then be it , nothing to do with rtoc or committee , try running the club is instead of crying over members and other web pages.

And I bet other members will agree , that's my 2pence worth.

Adey aka Ewok
09-01-2014, 22:16
Oh, me too.

That's the kind of forum you're wanting then :scratch:

no i dont want people steeling from my site, i dont do it here? morbo has also for trying to incite an inter forum slagging match :agree:

5teve L
09-01-2014, 22:17
OK Adey, I will answer your question. You say you set up the other site as a bit of fun or to show it could be done easily ?? Really? then why suddenly start to promote the site aggressively ?
You have advertised it/promoted it on here, directly & in-directly through others (& some not in a good way.)
Now you say someone tampered with your PM's, stinks to me my friend :disagree:
It's sad to see core members of RTOC starting a coup against this site.

This is all because of some stirrers IMO.

I'm going to say this now as I personally see it.
Dave I feel has had an agenda, Andy is possibly just a follower, or really clever not to look like a ring leader, for a start I would ban Dave. Don't get me wrong, we do need some say in the matter on here but this has gone way, way beyond that. People give up their free time to be on the committee etc. & for what ?? To be abused & accused of things.

It started by attacking committee members & has now undermined any confidence members new & old have in the way the site is run, so they have won, for now, it will take months if not longer to rebuild the reputation of RTOC, if it can be saved at all, I personally hope it can.

People want to change the committee, why, give good reasons from way before all this started, I bet you can't find many real reasons before all this sh1t started & how many of you are there exactly from the total membership ???

What roles need changing & why, I'm not going to be a hypocrite here, I for one say Miller needs to be more active or needs replacing, so who else & why ?

Slammed 66
09-01-2014, 22:19
no i dont want people steeling from my site, i dont do it here? morbo has also for trying to incite an inter forum slagging match :agree:

What exactly did I steel (sic)?

Adey aka Ewok
09-01-2014, 22:21
OK Adey, I will answer your question. You say you set up the other site as a bit of fun or to show it could be done easily ?? Really? then why suddenly start to promote the site aggressively ?

where did i say that?

You have advertised it/promoted it on here, directly & in-directly through others (& some not in a good way.)

No i have not

Now you say someone tampered with your PM's, stinks to me my friend :disagree:

No they did, but i like how your trying to twist it as if it was some staged event

It's sad to see core members of RTOC starting a coup against this site.

thats not whats going on here, ive just banned a member for trying to start an inter forum slagging match

This is all because of some stirrers IMO.

I set up the site off my own back with another member on here, nothing to do with any of the others that have been blocked warned or whatever

all that other crap has no place in this thread

5teve L
09-01-2014, 22:27
all that other crap has no place in this thread

But that's apparently what all the fuss is about Adey.

You have members PMing others, blatently posting up about the other site, lso where did you live until it was changed :scratch: ??

I'm not twisting anything, just stating a fact, just like you did, except sh1t sticks ;)

Spooky
09-01-2014, 22:29
As far as I'm aware Adey lives in Endor? :agree:

Adey aka Ewok
Do you control the members here? Because being adults they do what they like

Hoolio
morbo has also for trying to incite an inter forum slagging match :agree:

And without so much as a warning or message! For information that is not what I was trying to do, it's not my way.

Romil Davda
09-01-2014, 22:31

We have had contact from a different member of RTOF who has said they contacted Rich. But this was done on your request to upload articles to your site.

Penfold aka The Dealer
09-01-2014, 22:31
What is really need is somebody to cast an eye over the committee... To check what there doing, to be able to read the forums, and to make sure the committee have rules and they are enforced...

Organisational abuse?? The members need to feel safe and protected....

Recently I feel a lot off us have lost confidence in the committee as a whole....

We haven't seen anything good come from the committee recently...

Takes an age to get anything sorted....

We need a mass email sent out for an election,..

*Should the club go back to 1-3 people in charge (if so who wants that job?)
*Should the committee continue as they are
*Should we get re-elect current committee members, have others apply for the roles??

*Club rules could do with an update.... Nothing in the rules about contacting members to offer them a new website for events... And yet 3 people so far have had their accounts restricted.

Phil W
09-01-2014, 22:36
Ivory towers have been built and need knocking down now! :mad:

It's a car forum FFS not an excuse to get high and mighty with your CM title!

Big change required simple to see, or this bitter taste will stay and RTOC will struggle to recover.

Bring back Rach or Bruce!!!!! :)

andybond
09-01-2014, 22:38
O

I'm going to say this now as I personally see it.
Andy is possibly just a follower, or really clever not to look like a ring leader,

Steve,

Now stuff just got personal.

A follower I am not. Really Clever ? I am good at what I do. Thats IT. More specifically I have a wide knowledge of physical and virtual platforms, scripting and basic ( which could possible be epic depending on your knowledge ) of networking.

I have been around and in the Renault scene for many , many a year. Not as long as some of the old boys ( and girls if they are out there still ? ) I see a series of questions constantly be raised and asked. They have been closed / moved / locked just about every time and I asked myself why.

I have experience of running a board. I took some major flack from members when I updated a server from vbulletin1.something or other and migrated it to a more current version ( at the time ) so I know what its like. Do you know how much I charged , or made from that ? £0. It was nothing. I did it because I wanted to put something back into the club, back into the scene if you like.

Now , I have watched the club fall away through lack of members and exposure. The 21turbo was never particularly loved or desired in the UK. The club is now a small free board. We have enought brass to keep going for maybe 5 years with no upgrades.

You still reading ? Ill carry on anyway.

I can see the same things happening here as I could the 21toc. With the exception of locks / bans / breakaways.

I asked a few questions. They were locked. The committee has / had their reasons for locking. I dont agree with them.

I also took note from several older members that things have been amiss for a while ( bearing in mind I have ben here 8+ years )

The thing that is constant is that people are unhappy with various things. They might not say anything on the boards , but I hear it. Some do say things on the boards and are met with closed doors.

I have no issue with the committee as people, hell I know Romil and Lee personally. I have spoken to Chris several times , and Ross. Well Ross lives in Grimsby but lets not hold that against him.

I have spoken to IanS. I dont agree with him on lots of things. However, crucially I do value what he does for the club and its a thankless task.

Collectively though as a unit I feel that the hierarchy is flawed for several reasons. I think that key decisions are made by people , and expected to be backed up by the committee rather than thrown out to a vote to us , the paying people who pay for the upkeep.

I also think the hierarchy should be voted in and not recruited from inside.

So to sum up. I have no grand aspirations to lead the club , or follow Dave into a position of power.

I want to see the club progress , stay open in terms of respecting its members and keep posts that might criticise open otherwise you end up in a fuedal state and that isnt good for either the members or the committee.

I dont think ethically what Steve has done in terms on PM is a good move , I might have used a chinese whisper , or as the young uns call it a viral system to get some publicity over on RTOF. However , crucially I also think its a bit dodgy how Steve left all of a sudden. Something went on there. Shame, I had time for Steve and he put a lot of bloody hard work in this place too. And, its a crucial and , said hello to me at my first meet.

So there SteveL. Shame you thought that. I hope I have dispelled the myth that I am a follower , or that I am a leader.

I am an innovator , developer and evolutionary genius

( see GiraffeIT.com (http://www.GiraffeIT.com) for evidence. )

Now play me off Johnny

http://www.joeydevilla.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/play-me-off-johnny.jpg

5teve L
09-01-2014, 22:38
Do you control the members here? Because being adults they do what they like

I do not, I don't wish to either, I just want RTOC to go back a bit & take a look at what nonsense this all is, but alas, it has gone way to far for this. People are going to leave, people will be banned & people will stay, the people that stay will rebuild this site, do you want to be one of the people that stay, or go ?

Tutuur
09-01-2014, 22:42
Obviously i don't have much say in this as i personally don't have lot's of experience of the past but i do have to say i'm genuinely surprised this is so drastic!

So let me do my say as an "outsider", i guess people (general speaking) are being spoiled by what we have. Ofcourse i'm guilty too this to as we live in an environment which is awsome to say the least.

What happens here (although less drastic) is something i've seen many times on the dutch forums. That's exactly why i've completely lost interest into posting shit about my own projects. Which is a shame ofcourse as i love to read and discuss interesting matter in other peoples topics.

I have to admit from the second i read the post about Sangliers being on a different forum is the moment i considered signing up for it. Purely cause besides considering this as the most knowledgeable forum regarding old Renault turbo's this is also a place to keep contact with people.

Because the only people i've really met irl and had loads of fun with are the ones going to Sanglier so that's something i don't want to miss out on.

I personally never had problems here but that's probably cause i don't go back that much and also don't understand 80% of your jibber jabber cause it's not my language of nature.

So please all who have issues gather with eachother and play open cards with eachother, don't be too stuborn to admit your faults and try to settle with eachother.

I know whe're all men probably with stuborn minds but in the end this (+ other maybe) forum has brought us all together to what we are now.

Cheers for reading the whole story if you did, hope it has helped!

Arthur

andybond
09-01-2014, 22:42
people that stay, or go ?

At the minute mate , I think a lot will answer not bothered and that is crucial

5teve L
09-01-2014, 22:45
Steve,

Now stuff just got personal.

You still reading ? Ill carry on anyway.

I can see the same things happening here as I could the 21toc. With the exception of locks / bans / breakaways.

I asked a few questions. They were locked. The committee has / had their reasons for locking. I dont agree with them.

I also took note from several older members that things have been amiss for a while ( bearing in mind I have ben here 8+ years )

The thing that is constant is that people are unhappy with various things. They might not say anything on the boards , but I hear it. Some do say things on the boards and are met with closed doors.

I have no issue with the committee as people, hell I know Romil and Lee personally. I have spoken to Chris several times , and Ross. Well Ross lives in Grimsby but lets not hold that against him.

I have spoken to IanS. I dont agree with him on lots of things. However, crucially I do value what he does for the club and its a thankless task.

Collectively though as a unit I feel that the hierarchy is flawed for several reasons. I think that key decisions are made by people , and expected to be backed up by the committee rather than thrown out to a vote to us , the paying people who pay for the upkeep.

I also think the hierarchy should be voted in and not recruited from inside.

So to sum up. I have no grand aspirations to lead the club , or follow Dave into a position of power.

I want to see the club progress , stay open in terms of respecting its members and keep posts that might criticise open otherwise you end up in a fuedal state and that isnt good for either the members or the committee.

I dont think ethically what Steve has done in terms on PM is a good move , I might have used a chinese whisper , or as the young uns call it a viral system to get some publicity over on RTOF. However , crucially I also think its a bit dodgy how Steve left all of a sudden. Something went on there. Shame, I had time for Steve and he put a lot of bloody hard work in this place too. And, its a crucial and , said hello to me at my first meet.

So there SteveL. Shame you thought that. I hope I have dispelled the myth that I am a follower , or that I am a leader.

I am an innovator , developer and evolutionary genius

( see GiraffeIT.com (http://www.GiraffeIT.com) for evidence. )

Andy, with all that's gone on, & is going on, if you are indeed sincere in all you say I openly offer an apology. Sorry, it just kills me to see RTOC fall apart like this.

andybond
don't understand 80% of your jibber jabber cause it's not my language of nature.

That made me laugh.

DaveL485
In a bitter irony , when put to vote the 21toc decided AGAINST joining the RTOC at the end of November.

Because I changed my take on it and warned everyone off, openly on the thread I started suggesting it and changed my own vote after I was appalled at the treatment I received here.

Shame, it would have worked well for all parties. For the record though, I would promote it again if this place turned around.

Adey aka Ewok
09-01-2014, 22:46
And without so much as a warning or message! For information that is not what I was trying to do, it's not my way.

With all this going on it's for the good of the site at the moment, when the dust has settled in a few day I will review my decisions :agree:

andybond
09-01-2014, 22:47
Andy, with all that's gone on, & is going on, if you are indeed sincere in all you say I openly offer an apology. Sorry, it just kills me to see RTOC fall apart like this.

Steve, you still got my number ?

There is no hard feeling at all. I am genuine and sincere in this honestly. I think RTOC needs some tough love and it will fix itself.

DaveL485
09-01-2014, 22:49
Dave I feel has had an agenda, Andy is possibly just a follower, or really clever not to look like a ring leader, for a start I would ban Dave.

Is that aimed at me? :eek:

What in the [I]actual **** have I done now? :confused:

5teve L
09-01-2014, 22:50
Steve, you still got my number ?

I'm not that sorry you bleedin northerner :cooter:

Adey aka Ewok
09-01-2014, 22:50
I do not, I don't wish to either, I just want RTOC to go back a bit & take a look at what nonsense this all is, but alas, it has gone way to far for this. People are going to leave, people will be banned & people will stay, the people that stay will rebuild this site, do you want to be one of the people that stay, or go ?

Well I don't plan on going anywhere unless I'm forced too, this thread was about someone going into my profile and switching off my messaging, it's gone way further than that. I'm still none the wiser as to who did it yesterday. I'm all for rtoc I wouldn't pay membership for 11 years otherwise. :agree:

It's not like I have previous for inciting riots on here, I've never had a warning to my name that I know of either. I set up a quiet place to talk about cars and that's it.

andybond
09-01-2014, 22:51
I'm not that sorry you bleedin northerner :cooter:

Right you witch hunter you. I think I still have yours....

dangerous dave
09-01-2014, 22:52
No one cares...

mingblus3
09-01-2014, 22:52
In defense of Adey.

I set the site up. Had no intention to do anything with it, I was just going to populate the basic structure and then screen grab it and post on here to show my 30 mins work. It was dormant for about a few days and then Adey found the site/me.

My initial thought was that If the club was interested they could have used the site and told all members to shift across to the new site, Scoff clearly got upset by this and I just thought you know what why waste my time. I've only been here 5 minutes. Proboards costs nothing to host unless you want/need upgraded features, the free features are more than you could ever need anyway and I was considering the clubs cashflow at the same time. The clubs poor hosting provider that goes up and down, and all the other stuff that new members see here on a daily basis.

Adey suggested a new name as I had chosen RTOC, like I said it was done for the club. This is when he suggested RTOF and that he would do some work on the site. I deleted the RTOC site and setup RTOF from scratch. The members who had already found it were asked to move across and they did so.

That's about it.

Ashy
09-01-2014, 22:53

So you were banned from Adeys forum? without so much as a warning? no PM to let you know? :eek:

Sounds like a good old fashioned dictatorship... What were you just saying penfold about The members need to feel safe and protected.... Is that how you feel on RTOF?

5teve L
09-01-2014, 22:54
Is that aimed at me? :eek:

What in the [I]actual **** have I done now? :confused:

Most of the crap lately stems from you, or posts on threads started by you, or you posting on threads... & you seem to feel singled out :scratch: ...

& won't you be trying to merge 21OC with RTOF, pretty sure I read a post just now stating something like that... since you are a moderator on there...

DaveL485
09-01-2014, 22:55
Right you witch hunter you. I think I still have yours....

While you're there ask him why he wants to ban me will ya :laugh::agree:

andybond
09-01-2014, 22:57
Most of the crap lately stems from you, or posts on threads started by you, or you posting on threads... & you seem to feel singled out :scratch: ...

& won't you be trying to merge 21OC with RTOF, pretty sure I read a post just now stating something like that... since you are a moderator on there...

As I am the supreme overlord on 21TOC , Ill decide when and if we merge. I just need to speak to Chairman Mao ( Craig ) and we then suggest to the minions via a poll which way they want to go.

If they want to merge , we merge.

If not we wont.

Simple really.

Until the RTOF is large enough to have an influence in some way shape or form I doubt there will be a merger.

DaveL485
09-01-2014, 23:00

No, I think you'll find I vocalised my issues as many did and I was singled out by Ian because he thinks i'm someone else. I defended myself in kind and [snowball]. The last time he attacked me was when I asked Scoff for his opinion on cylinder head flow around valves FFS!!!

And no, that post on RTOF was a suggestion to merge the 9/11/21/25 forums on the site itself together, as there isnt enough cars left to warrant individual forums even if every single car owner were registered. Please re-read my thread, Adey misinterpreted it initially. I just thought a 9/11/21/25 incorporated forum made more sense than individual ones.

As I am the supreme overlord on 21TOC , Ill decide when and if we merge. I just need to speak to Chairman Mao ( Craig ) and we then suggest to the minions via a poll which way they want to go.

Indeed.

gtmatt
09-01-2014, 23:05
What is really need is somebody to cast an eye over the committee... To check what there doing, to be able to read the forums, and to make sure the committee have rules and they are enforced...

Organisational abuse?? The members need to feel safe and protected....

Recently I feel a lot off us have lost confidence in the committee as a whole....

We haven't seen anything good come from the committee recently...

Takes an age to get anything sorted....

We need a mass email sent out for an election,..

*Should the club go back to 1-3 people in charge (if so who wants that job?)
*Should the committee continue as they are
*Should we get re-elect current committee members, have others apply for the roles??

*Club rules could do with an update.... Nothing in the rules about contacting members to offer them a new website for events... And yet 3 people so far have had their accounts restricted.

Agree with you mate , the committee needs sorting out ,and it's leadership , club events and everything else.

chris
09-01-2014, 23:08
Agree with you mate , the committee needs sorting out ,and it's leadership , club events and everything else.

Do you know what events the club organised last year matt? Which ones did you attend?

Adey aka Ewok
09-01-2014, 23:09
So you were banned from Adeys forum? without so much as a warning? no PM to let you know? :eek:

Sounds like a good old fashioned dictatorship... What were you just saying penfold about The members need to feel safe and protected.... Is that how you feel on RTOF?

Child

Nope, inter forum slagging isn't tolerated and is stated but we don't have the same rules as here and you don't pay for the service, all decisions will be reviewed as I have said here and if you would like to contact me I'm sure you can get hold of my number. Nothing will be done untill the dust settles

Hoolio
09-01-2014, 23:11

Mmmm yes but to be honest like many on here I am sick to death of both "sides" on here, people are bringing their own agenda's to the table and not being big enough to put those aside and fight for the benefit of the club.
Broadly I am supportive of the club and committee though I now see there has to be change and it needs to be seen to be done. I am massively disappointed with some of the members whom I had some respect, shame on you.

andybond
09-01-2014, 23:12
I am massively disappointed with some of the members whom I had some respect, shame on you.

You cant go that far and not name ?

I named names in my rant. I said I dont agree with IanS on things. People need to have conviction in what they are saying instead of pussyfooting around.

Penfold aka The Dealer
09-01-2014, 23:19

Ashy, I give Adey's website 3-6 months max.... If RTOC gets sorted....

How ever if there are no changes on rtoc I can imagine Adey's website to survive and to be well used.

Adey built the website one weekend (I built a pmt trackday in one evening ), which I invited people on RTOC to use whilst rtoc was on and offline a lot... Once rtoc got online my pmt track day one didn't get used.... The same could well happen to Adey's website and I am sure Adey and other members on there would be happy if RTOC improves and changes....

Tit for tat ATM, what really needs to happen is an open dialogue, miller to call Adey, restrictions to be removed, nobody needs to apologise... Just move one for the greater good...

RTOC has been apart of my life for 11 years, which is over a 3rd of my life, I don't want to see it go and I am sure most of us on here & Adey's website think the same....

We just need change, hopefully that will bring improvements....

Most likely some change will happen, and same old sh*t will happen next year... Truth is we are all grumpy old men over the winter because we don't use our toys as much...

JRP
09-01-2014, 23:23
He can call me too.

Tutuur
09-01-2014, 23:26
Most likely some change will happen, and same old sh*t will happen next year... Truth is we are all grumpy old men over the winter because we don't use our toys as much...

Lmao! :laugh:

5teve L
09-01-2014, 23:26
He can call me too.

Andy will call you. :agree::wasntme:

andybond
09-01-2014, 23:28
Andy will call you. :agree::wasntme:

:mad::agree:

DaveL485
09-01-2014, 23:29

I named names in my rant. I said I dont agree with IanS on things. People need to have conviction in what they are saying instead of pussyfooting around.

....but they won't because then the threat of a ban comes out.

People like me and you are not put off by that, most are.

Hoolio

Actually I can. You seem to have been fairly genuine, if you can say I did/said that for the good of the club and not feel guilty then fair enough.

JRP
I don't know andy or miller so either will be interesting.

Slammed 66
09-01-2014, 23:30
and Ross. Well Ross lives in Grimsby but lets not hold that against him

Oi! You cheeky fecker :laugh:

andybond
09-01-2014, 23:30
Actually I can. You seem to have been fairly genuine, if you can say I did/said that for the good of the club and not feel guilty then fair enough.

Yes !

IF you have issues with something or someone then let them know.

Dont just come out with Andybond is a plonker . Make sure they know why.

5teve L
09-01-2014, 23:32
Yes !

He'd be right though :scratch: :cooter:

DaveL485
09-01-2014, 23:34
He'd be right though :scratch: :cooter:

At least we agree on something :agree::laugh:

andybond
09-01-2014, 23:36
At least we agree on something :agree::laugh:

Where are the mods round here when you want one ?

Hoolio
09-01-2014, 23:41
Yes !

I sure you realise that my comment was not aimed at you. I think the personal is now the problem, positions are now too entrenched for too much compromise as things stand. Adding names will not help.

5teve L
09-01-2014, 23:42
Where are the mods round here when you want one ?

I seem to have lost the ability to move/edit threads, I can give someone a jolly good warning though :p

andybond
09-01-2014, 23:43
I sure you realise that my comment was not aimed at you. I think the personal is now the problem, positions are now too entrenched for too much compromise as things stand. Adding names will not help.

I realise that dude yes.

I cannot threaten you with anything other than my wit and charm.

Others could hand out the lock or ban.

andybond
09-01-2014, 23:44
I seem to have lost the ability to move/edit threads, I can give someone a jolly good warning though :p

Simply frightful darling.

Hoolio
09-01-2014, 23:53
I realise that dude yes.

I cannot threaten you with anything other than my wit and charm.

Others could hand out the lock or ban.

Damn, better behave. Banned from two sites in a day, god forbid, I'd have to join ClioSport.

andybond
09-01-2014, 23:54
Damn, better behave. Banned from two sites in a day, god forbid, I'd have to join ClioSport.

I wouldnt tow the corporate line. After all we need to voice our opinions.

Some have said shutup Bond. I ignored them and carried on. Your entitled to your opinion. I might not agree with it , but I understand you have one.

Adey aka Ewok
10-01-2014, 00:01
Ok so a decision has been made on the committee board I was directed to but this has been effective of just now and didn't answer my actual question? Also I would like an actual conversation with someone on the committee about all this but can't actually pm you to arrange it? Can arrangements be made for a phone call tomorrow?

Big Steve - Raider
10-01-2014, 00:08

Mart
10-01-2014, 00:12
2 things regarding that CM decision...

- Seems a bit of an o.t.t reaction for a few threads being deleted, no?

- Bar posting 'chit chat' on Adey's new forum, how exactly have I been 'working against rtoc'?

And after everything that was posted in that recent 'bad thread'.

Sad to see chaps...

andybond
10-01-2014, 00:14
Sad to see chaps...

Indeed :crap:

Big Steve - Raider
10-01-2014, 00:17

- Bar posting 'chit chat' on Adey's new forum, how exactly have I been 'working against rtoc'?

Sad to see chaps...

Yes its a shame Mart that the 2nd and 14th most active members on this site (based on numbers of posts) are in the Penalty box

gtmatt
10-01-2014, 00:23
Do you know what events the club organised last year matt? Which ones did you attend?

National day , pod , sangliers , national day was not very good last year.what did the committee do ?

chris
10-01-2014, 00:28
National day was organised by big Steve who was on the committee at the time. The pod day on the same weekend was organised by ross on the committee and I believe sangliers is big Steve's we also did PPC event and then some members organised track days and so on. I don't think that's too bad:confused:

Scoff
10-01-2014, 00:49

Again, no they can't. There is no facility. No plugins are installed for this purpose. No regular CM has access to the database. I don't know how else to say it sorry.

Scoff
10-01-2014, 01:04
Scoff clearly got upset by this and I just thought you know what why waste my time.

No he didn't. I think you have misunderstood something. If you want to show me the post you have misunderstood I will gladly try to explain what I ment.

gtmatt
10-01-2014, 01:10

How did they read this message ?

mingblus3
10-01-2014, 01:52
GTMATT> that's a screen grab of someone's private profile. To be honest surely they can just do a password reset and then log in as that user.

Scoff, I got you wrong. Have just gone back over the thread, it was actually someone else who commented on my suggestion sorry about that.

Lowiepete
10-01-2014, 03:22
To be honest surely they can just do a password reset and then log in as that user.
Hmmmm.. that would need some special permissions and also send out a re-activation
email, so a false email address would be needed too - this doesn't sound good :(

There's going to need some goodwill building on allsides before all this gets resolved. The
thing that really disturbs me is that there a very few posters that seem to be forthcoming
with that goodwill. Do people with an axe to grind really not see the harm they are doing?

It's only in maths where several negatives can possibly create a positive...

Regards,
Steve

Ashy
10-01-2014, 06:35
How did they read this message ?

It's a screenshot of a PM which was sent to on of the CM's??

If Steve goes back through his sent items he can confirm.

No one can read your PM's, not sure how else to say this....

Penfold aka The Dealer
10-01-2014, 07:08
I do/retract my statement about pm's being read. I know they can't really be read (although that could easily be changed if really needed)....

The other loophole is exactly that, to change a members password to access their account, but the member would know something is up as when they next log in the old password wouldn't work and they would have to ask for a new password to be emailed.

As far as I am aware the committee do not read pm's. Adey now knows his pm's wernt read and knows his account has been restricted (this thread need not have happened of somebody had informed Adey about this...

Adey aka Ewok
10-01-2014, 08:03
As far as I am aware the committee do not read pm's. Adey now knows his pm's wernt read and knows his account has been restricted (this thread need not have happened of somebody had informed Adey about this...

Mate that wasn't the original issue, and 2 days ago it wasn't restricted some one was going in and changing stuff, yet that hasn't been answered in the slightest? the rest of the thread has been blown way out of proportion and I've ended up a restricted member for setting up another site. I still wasn't directly contacted to tell me who was going in and why it happened and I've asked to be contacted yet again and still seem to be getting ignored I can only think that some people have it in for me, I mean I was even getting sworn at by a moderator in here. Really is a sad state of a affairs when a member of the club is treated like this. This thread can now be locked down or whatever I won't be posting in it again, not like anything was actually resolved or sorted so why waste my breath any further trying to sort it as if you do stand up and say anything you only get dragged into being part of some secret agenda people think is going on

Big Steve - Raider
10-01-2014, 08:46
This thread can now be locked down or whatever I won't be posting in it again, not like anything was actually resolved or sorted so why waste my breath any further trying to sort it as if you do stand up and say anything you only get dragged into being part of some secret agenda people think is going on

:agree::agree::agree::goodpost:

chris
10-01-2014, 09:02
GTMATT> that's a screen grab of someone's private profile. To be honest surely they can just do a password reset and then log in as that user.

Scoff, I got you wrong. Have just gone back over the thread, it was actually someone else who commented on my suggestion sorry about that.

It is not a screen grab of someones profile its a pm sent to a cm. Its comments like that which keep windeing people up please read the thread properly before commenting

Big Steve - Raider
10-01-2014, 09:27
Its a pm sent to a cm.

Yes. This clarifies that there was no going behind the Committee's back with my actions of PM'ing everyone (Including Committee members) who showed an interest in going to Sangliers in 2014 and informing them that moving forwards I would be providing updates in an alternative place and not on RTOC.

:coffee:

Rob1980
10-01-2014, 09:29
What is all of the needless thirst for power and the constant need to prove who can run a website better??

Whether you are pro RTOC or pro RTOF (First time I have heard of this website), I personally feel that judging by this thread you all have a lot to learn! This Thread has done nothing but damage both websites reputation as they apprear to be run by egotistical megalomaniac child like keyboard warriors.

If these were political parties that were applying to run this country would you vote for either of them??? I think not.

Its time to all grow up and move on. If someone wants to start another site then they are perfectly entitled to do so. Ethically maybe it should not be advertised on here as that's just taking the p1ss! The only aim of this that I can see is to rub people up the wrong way purposely.

I have no alliance to either side here, I do not know any of you. I just love the 5!! :wasntme:

clee
10-01-2014, 09:36
They say the future of work is home and internet based ....ohh dear ,I wouldn't employ any of you based on this shower of shite .

chris
10-01-2014, 09:38
Yes. This clarifies that there was no going behind the Committee's back with my actions of PM'ing everyone (Including Committee members) who showed an interest in going to Sangliers in 2014 and informing them that moving forwards I would be providing updates in an alternative place and not on RTOC.

:coffee:

Yes in fairness you sent it to everyone includeing commitee members. Can you see why it would annoy RTOC? I have tried over the last couple of weeks to get hold of you on Facebook and on here and no reply instead everything gets dragged out on the boards?

Mart
10-01-2014, 09:41

Sad to see chaps...

Is someone going to answer, as I'm obviously failing to see what it is that I've done, that's apparently so against the club to warrant the decision made?

Ashy, Miller - Did you actually read the PM's?

If you'd like to switch my PM's back on, I'll happily discuss this off the boards.

Seriously, anyone would think I've committed a cardinal sin :rolleyes: :dearme:

6FOOT6
10-01-2014, 10:19
I like cheese

DaveL485
10-01-2014, 10:21
Change is needed.

Miller needs to be replaced with someone active that will lead the club, innovate and manage. Temporarily, permanently, whatever. An absent chairman is no good, it's taken this melee to revive his involvement. I feel your pain Chris, I have a half-finished house too, and some half finished cars, 2 kids, an ex :rolleyes:, a GF :cooter: and a full-time job, but I am just calling it as I see it.

Ian- ignoring our own special relationship, you come across as elitist and seem to think we're all below you. I would like nothing more than to see someone relieve you of your workload across the management line of the club, something which an active chairman and a reorganisation would do. There is enough people here willing to help to spread the load IF someone communicates, organises, prioritises and delegates. If this position is making you sick then the other CM's should absolutely do something about it, they are letting you down. The above is not a suggestion that you are removed from the CM, just that you are supported and workload reduced.

Other CM's: Your hearts are in the right place, but look around you. We're in the middle of a civil war, so to speak. Things like this don't come about lightly, it takes a long period of discontent. Look at the unhappy people, key, core long standing and respected members of the club and scene....this isn't just causing upset for the sake of a laugh, it's not trolling, these are dedicated people on both sides that care about whats going on here. Sick of it? Yeah, hell yeah, me too.... ask yourselves why this keeps coming back and coming back and coming back!

I have no doubt that if this is resolved to a satisfactory level, the competing site will be removed. All that goes away and all that resource could be redirected here. If you choose to make everybody happy, then Mart, Steve, Adey, and all the other protagonists efforts will turn positive. Why would you not want this? Can you not see that you guys are as much part of the problem as we are?

Democratically elect a new chairman (unless Miller is going to rejoin the fold and has the time to resume the position properly)
Chairman summarises current landscape, tasks, roles and then redefines roles and reassigns- if more than one person wants each role then a vote is cast as above. This can be an open discussion with everyone, if so desired.
From therein the chairman can manage the team of CM's. Fill in gaps, assist, support, resolve, develop.

We could get there, if you all try!

car.crash
10-01-2014, 10:39
You would love that wouldn't you Dave.
Let me guess you would be happy to take chairman or accountant.

DaveL485
10-01-2014, 10:42

Nope. Sorry but Ian's conspiracy theory is wrong.

Very poor and inflammatory response. Bad attitude :disagree:

Slammed 66
10-01-2014, 10:44
I've ended up a restricted member for setting up another site.

That's not the case at all adey. It's been explained to you why this has happened.

It's more than anyone that you banned was given. Even your topic on who you've banned on RTOF has vanished

andybond
10-01-2014, 10:54

I think if you re read the statement democracy is mentioned.

That means voting.

You come across as a knee jerk reactionary.

andybond
10-01-2014, 11:04
National day , pod , sangliers , national day was not very good last year.what did the committee do ?

Was not very good or were good ?

Nat day way epic. Loved it.

The folks that went to pod loved it as well.

Lots of work by the committee on those. I know Big Steve has an oar in for that and needs to be congratulated.

Rob1980
10-01-2014, 11:13
If you want a good accountant who will sort out everything at a very good rate then look no further than here:-

http://www.cattaccountancy.co.uk/

:D :agree:

I will give you a very good deal! :coffee:

Phil W
10-01-2014, 11:21
What is all of the needless thirst for power and the constant need to prove who can run a website better??

Whether you are pro RTOC or pro RTOF (First time I have heard of this website), I personally feel that judging by this thread you all have a lot to learn! This Thread has done nothing but damage both websites reputation as they apprear to be run by egotistical megalomaniac child like keyboard warriors.

If these were political parties that were applying to run this country would you vote for either of them??? I think not.

Its time to all grow up and move on. If someone wants to start another site then they are perfectly entitled to do so. Ethically maybe it should not be advertised on here as that's just taking the p1ss! The only aim of this that I can see is to rub people up the wrong way purposely.

I have no alliance to either side here, I do not know any of you. I just love the 5!! :wasntme:

Hear hear. :)

Nottswoody
10-01-2014, 11:36
Kick the rif raf out :wasntme:

andybond
10-01-2014, 11:46
Kick the rif raf out :wasntme:

Define RifRaf ?

People who dont agree? People who are perceived to have done something ? People who did their own thing ?

Phil W
10-01-2014, 12:04
Define RifRaf ?

People who dont agree? People who are perceived to have done something ? People who did their own thing ?

People who just want to argue!

andybond
10-01-2014, 12:09
People who just want to argue!

or try to understand or move things on Phil ?

TNT ANDY
10-01-2014, 12:15
Was not very good or were good ?

Nat day way epic. Loved it.

The folks that went to pod loved it as well.

Lots of work by the committee on those. I know Big Steve has an oar in for that and needs to be congratulated.

was a fantastic event.

Nottswoody
10-01-2014, 12:26
Define RifRaf ?

Ask the people from rtof im just quoting the first line.

Mart
10-01-2014, 12:46
Ask the person who posted that on rtof im just quoting the first line.

EFA.

gtmatt
10-01-2014, 12:51
or try to understand or move things on Phil ?

Trevhib
10-01-2014, 13:05
Discontent and breakaways have happened a number of times before. The only reason this one has any additional gravitas is because the handful of malcontents who've done all the stirring, make up a slightly larger % of the membership base, purely by virtue of the fact the club is smaller than it was.

That's not to say change/refreshment is not healthy or required in places. Just not in this fashion.

andybond
10-01-2014, 14:07
That's not to say change/refreshment is not healthy or required in places. Just not in this fashion.

Good afternoon Trev , you doom merchant :)

Could Sir suggest a more acceptable method other than vocalisation via the boards ?

Genuine question , curious that you could , could not be in agreement but would do it another way.

Trevhib
10-01-2014, 14:21
Afternoon.

I did not suggest vocalisation via the message boards was unacceptable. The axiom runs as follows (and this isn't directed at any individual here): It's not what you're saying it's the way you're saying it. Swap in the word 'doing' for 'saying', for a similar affect.

Also, was suggesting that if past events are an indicator of future outcomes, then the club will survive. There's no doom there, in fact it's more the opposite.

chris
10-01-2014, 14:24
The problem is andy I think you may be missing the point is whats starting to annoy members is the constant moaning and threads like this and thats the members telling you that in this thread? Pm me mate with what you want to change just list them and I will post them on the committee board and then get back to you. This thread has taken over the live page for two days the committee are working hard at the moment that I can assure you we are discussing loads of things:)

andybond
10-01-2014, 14:26
lots of words then this one popped out on me : axiom

Where the hell did you learn that word from ?

I have googled it and the result is here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axion)

Understand your point though.

andybond
10-01-2014, 14:32
The problem is andy I think you may be missing the point is whats starting to annoy members

Hi Chris ,

thanks for the feedback.

The ideas that have been wanted by not just me , but a lot of people have been published. They are in a thread over there ( points to the feedback board ) but nowt appears to be happening , or stuff really , really slowly.

Slammed66 ( Ross ) has put up a thread with whats being discussed ( and cheers for that again :) ) but its not enough.

We need to move on a rate of knots. Move whilst the iron is hot so to speak. Look at the resources around us , Trev , apart from being a merchant of doom and dropping words in sentances that I have no idea is a IT bod. There must be people with a plethora of talent in this club.

I fear my time maybe wasted on producing a new list on what is desired as it will be treated in the way the last one was. Starting out with good intention , and ending up with a small amount of information.

One thing I might dare to say though, is I feel the committee needs to look at being voted in rather than recruiting from within.

Unfortunately until I am silenced ( banned / closed threads ) I will bring up these points. The majority of people wont speak up. They darent I will. I have nothing to loose. I just want to see the club evolve and prosper. In its current guise I dont think it will.

Trevhib
10-01-2014, 14:42
Where the hell did you learn that word from ?

I have googled it and the result is here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axion)

Understand your point though.

The google result for Axion is interesting.

The word I used, axiom, is as here mate:

axiom (ˈæksɪəm)
— n
1. a generally accepted proposition or principle, sanctioned by experience; maxim

To be honest with you, the word I actually intended was maxim but axiom is ok, lol.

Trevhib
10-01-2014, 14:43
Also, 'lots of words' is what constitutes a message board.

andybond
10-01-2014, 14:46
The google result for Axion is interesting.

The word I used, axiom, is as here mate:

axiom (ˈæksɪəm)
— n
1. a generally accepted proposition or principle, sanctioned by experience; maxim

To be honest with you, the word I actually intended was maxim but axiom is ok, lol.

So in a nutshell, i copied and pasted the wrong word , but you used the wrong word anyway ?

:)

andybond
10-01-2014, 14:47
Also, 'lots of words' is what constitutes a message board.

I read your point , I was being pedantic ..

Ultimately then you didnt say what people should be doing.

DaveL485
10-01-2014, 14:53
Unfortunately until I am silenced ( banned / closed threads ) I will bring up these points. The majority of people wont speak up. They darent I will. I have nothing to loose. I just want to see the club evolve and prosper. In its current guise I dont think it will.

Amen to that.

It's stuck in the mud, I have a spade, Andy has some sand and Mart has some cheese sandwiches, but what we need is the chump at the wheel to engage 4-wheel drive, low ratio and stamp on the gas.

God I love analogies! :wasntme:

Trevhib
10-01-2014, 14:59
So in a nutshell, i copied and pasted the wrong word , but you used the wrong word anyway ?

:)

You copied and pasted the wrong word Andy, though I'm not sure how that's possible. I didn't use the wrong word since they are synonyms so it was correct for the conversation and context. It just wasn't what I intended. Why do you care about this?

Slammed 66
10-01-2014, 15:01
God I love anal! :wasntme:

Ah at last. The truth between you and Andy is out :laugh:

In all seriousness though, you won't be banned for voicing an opinion in an appropriate manner. Likewise threads aren't locked for the sake of it or to just shut people up.

andybond
10-01-2014, 15:02
You copied and pasted the wrong word Andy, though I'm not sure how that's possible. I didn't use the wrong word since they are synonyms so it was correct for the conversation and context. It just wasn't what I intended. Why do you care about this?

I bet at work you are a bundle of fun. I was trying to make light of the situation. Obviously I failed.

Apologies Trev. As you were.

Trevhib
I read your point , I was being pedantic ..

Ultimately then you didnt say what people should be doing.

So you read my point but didn't understand what I'd written.

This is great :D

andybond

I am the postman.

Slammed 66
10-01-2014, 15:03
I am the postman.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

andybond
10-01-2014, 15:05
So you read my point but didn't understand what I'd written.

This is great :D

No Trev , you said

The axiom runs as follows (and this isn't directed at any individual here): It's not what you're saying it's the way you're saying it. Swap in the word 'doing' for 'saying', for a similar affect.

In those words you mentioned you didnt actually say what you would do ...

Trevhib
10-01-2014, 15:07
I bet at work you are a bundle of fun. I was trying to make light of the situation. Obviously I failed.

Apologies Trev. As you were.

We all have styles. Some are less universal and less well understood than others. That's part of the problem on RTOC I imagine. Ooh, we came full circle!

Trevhib
10-01-2014, 15:14
No Trev , you said:

"It's not what you're saying it's the way you're saying it. Swap in the word 'doing' for 'saying', for a similar affect."

In those words you mentioned you didnt actually say what you would do ...

No but in posting the maxim I made an implication about the 'saying' part.

As for the 'doing'. I've made many points and suggestions on similar threads.

TNT Tricky Nicky
10-01-2014, 15:33
I guess I better own up, I was going to message adey & find out what the 'other' site was called. This thread popped up and then there was no need, in a rather backward move by cm's the 'other' site has been openly advertised for everybody to see/find.

I'm also confused as to why a suggestion from Ian s has ended up dividing the 'active members', ideas were being asked for with regards to the website, I will look for it if required but basically it read along the lines, use a back up to redesign Rtoc, making it more reliable & cheaper to host/manage. a simple yet effective forum was created using info from Rtoc to show what can be achieved.

We now have childish he said this, he said that and accusations of ip theft.

All it really shows is both sites are as bad as each other, both sides in agreement that the way a site is run ultimately decides the moral of the boards and something needs to change.

DaveL485
10-01-2014, 15:35

In all seriousness though, you won't be banned for voicing an opinion in an appropriate manner. Likewise threads aren't locked for the sake of it or to just shut people up.

I disagree, looking back over the last few months, I have never been abusive or used inappropriate language.

I am the postman.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: :p

No but in posting the maxim I made an implication about the 'saying' part.

As for the 'doing'. I've made many points and suggestions on similar threads.

Stop flirting with him before I get jealous :sad:

Slammed 66
10-01-2014, 15:47
I disagree, looking back over the last few months, I have never been abusive or used inappropriate language

I never said you had Dave? Also you've recieved no infractions etc so I don't see your angle here

Phil W
10-01-2014, 15:48

:agree::agree:

Miller
10-01-2014, 16:03
Andy, Dave

Could you please pm me the threads you are talking about with constructive feedback relating to the club?

The members
I think we need a new topic on Rtoc main boards asking what the members expectation of Rtoc is with regards to the club, event and the committee. The thread will state we are looking for constructive feedback and any post with statements like " this is crap but with no justification or reasoning will be removed" to a locked but visible thread.

This discussion with the members wil be acted on and also a mass email to all members with a link so everyone gets their opportunity to speak.

The conversation will need to be frank and open from the members if it is to achieve any positive outcome.

All we are doing in thread is going round in circles and we need to agree on the expectation of the members and what they want from the club. We will get this thread up and running ASAP.

Regards
Chris miller

DaveL485
10-01-2014, 16:30
I never said you had Dave? Also you've recieved no infractions etc so I don't see your angle here

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I refer to posts and threads deleted.

Andy, Dave

Could you please pm me the threads you are talking about with constructive feedback relating to the club?

I'm afraid not as most have been removed. We made numerous offers of help and offered advice although it got tangled up in the furore, and accusations/flaming of me being this other Dave (which I am still not, I might add).

I can give you a reference on one post that was removed (at my request as to not clutter up the committee actions thread), as an example (Ross I hope you don't mind me part-quoting your PM)

Hey Dave.

Thanks for your input.

I didn't want you thinking that I've just deleted your post. I've actually moved it to the relevant topic on the committee boards.

I also refer you to the Club Calendar thread, which was a nice respite from the shenanigans, you can also search my posts if you wish to examine my general board conduct which should be, AFAIK, quite reasonable.

On top of that, if you want to seek permission of the senders, i'm happy to share private messages between me and those CM's who will respond when messaged.

Hammer
10-01-2014, 17:11
Andy, Dave

The members
I think we need a new topic on Rtoc main boards asking what the members expectation of Rtoc is with regards to the club, event and the committee. The thread will state we are looking for constructive feedback and any post with statements like " this is crap but with no justification or reasoning will be removed" to a locked but visible thread.

This discussion with the members wil be acted on and also a mass email to all members with a link so everyone gets their opportunity to speak.

The conversation will need to be frank and open from the members if it is to achieve any positive outcome.

All we are doing in thread is going round in circles and we need to agree on the expectation of the members and what they want from the club. We will get this thread up and running ASAP.

Regards
Chris miller

Thank you for doing this. I have a few ideas as a relative new member but had no idea where to post them for fear they would just get swallowed up in a thread. Will the moderators ensure that this new thread is kept neat and tidy, so that just members ideas are posted? If it degenerates into another argument, member's ideas will just get lost.

andybond
10-01-2014, 17:17
Thank you for doing this. I have a few ideas as a relative new member but had no idea where to post them for fear they would just get swallowed up in a thread. Will the moderators ensure that this new thread is kept neat and tidy, so that just members ideas are posted? If it degenerates into another argument, member's ideas will just get lost.

Hi Mr Hammer.

There is a loverly clean thread in the website feedback section ( I think. ) it has all the ideas in there. You will note the thread is a few months old and we can't see a great deal of movement.

You don't think per chance that somebody maybe has suggested politely and than got a little more vocal all these points because of frustration and despair.

Chairman miller : I cannot post the links , as Dave pointed out , they have been edited to areas that I cannot get to.

Hammer
10-01-2014, 17:24
Hi Mr Hammer.

There is a loverly clean thread in the website feedback section ( I think. ) it has all the ideas in there. You will note the thread is a few months old and we can't see a great deal of movement.

You don't think per chance that somebody maybe has suggested politely and than got a little more vocal all these points because of frustration and despair.

Chairman miller : I cannot post the links , as Dave pointed out , they have been edited to areas that I cannot get to.

Cheers bud, I just never know the right place to post anything ;)

Big Steve - Raider
10-01-2014, 18:02
For reasons stated in the other thread, you are now a "restricted member" which means you have limited access to the site.

The other alternate would have been a ban but we decided against that option.

Regards
Chris miller
The committe

OK, so because I messaged all of the people who showed some interest in Sangliers telling them that my future updates would not be posted on the RTOC but elsewhere I cannot now buy some parts for my car through the classifieds section??

Feels like a little bit of an over reaction to me.

So what exactly does my £15 Membership entitle me to now???

I await your response.

DaveL485
10-01-2014, 18:30
So what exactly does my £15 Membership entitle me to now???

You have twenty seconds to comply :)

https://wiki.base22.com/download/attachments/56397167/Ed-209.jpg?version=1&modificationDate=1319835742000&api=v2

I shouldn't jest.
Miller this is beyond a joke, why are you alienating core membership to protect a committee that are failing the charge you left them with? You cannot deny that is true because otherwise you wouldn't be back here, and an alternative site wouldn't have been started.

Are you prepared to ban us all for no other reason than vocalising discontent?

5teve L
10-01-2014, 18:33
[QUOTE=Big Steve - Raider;360766

The way i see it, with all that went on over the past few days Steve, your actions have been taken to be poaching members/rocking the boat, however you want to look at it. It may not have meant to be this way but it's how it looked then.

But i'm not on the committee so i don't know what they think.

Big Steve - Raider
10-01-2014, 18:37
The way i see it, with all that went on over the past few days Steve, your actions have been taken to be poaching members/rocking the boat, however you want to look at it. It may not have meant to be this way but it's how it looked then.

But i'm not on the committee so i don't know what they think.

That's what I'm trying to understand 5teve... Anything I add to the RTOC is my own IP so how can I be accused of stealing it from here??

I was just saying that I was not going to update the thread anymore on here, just moving the discussion.

ScottKinnear
10-01-2014, 18:42
There's nothing in the classifieds at the moment Steve so don't worry, but there is a ktec front mouth intercooler for a 5gtturbo ending on eBay in just over an hour.

Worth a punt :agree:

I hope I'm not redirecting people to a competitor??

Big Steve - Raider
10-01-2014, 18:43
There's nothing in the classifieds at the moment Steve so don't worry, but there is a ktec front mouth intercooler for a 5gtturbo ending on eBay in just over an hour.

Worth a punt :agree:

:laugh: It's not from a Dodgy Geezer in Guilford is it?!

ScottKinnear
10-01-2014, 18:45
:laugh: It's not from a Dodgy Geezer in Guilford is it?!

Dodgy yes but definitely not a geezer!!! Oh wait I think that was supposed to be the other way round!!

JRP
10-01-2014, 18:56
The more I read the more I get upset.
We have 3 members on restricted access for reasons amounting to very little.

We have a committee that are now aware of the discontent.

We as members are going to have a voice via the thread that the committee will start.

So a good point a few bad points. I understand the need to act, but can I suggest re instating full access and issue warnings to the 3 musketeers.

They do pay for the site and have done for years. Please re think your decision.

Iam glad this looks to have got somthing moving so theism moaners are happy, maybe the ship will stay upright.

Now please committee respond to me here or via pm. Thank you.

youngscottie
10-01-2014, 18:56
Andy, Dave

The members

Regards
Chris miller

Can I make a suggestion
Can we have a separate board for internal power struggles that is not viewable from the live window?
This way the average car enthusiast can come here and enjoy the club
Rather than read the constant(last few years) shite we've had to suffer while egos fight it out

Please stop this the club is loosing its appeal to the guys that count

JRP
10-01-2014, 18:57
The more I read the more I get upset.
We have 3 members on restricted access for reasons amounting to very little.

We have a committee that are now aware of the discontent.

We as members are going to have a voice via the thread that the committee will start.

So a good point a few bad points. I understand the need to act, but can I suggest re instating full access and issue warnings to the 3 musketeers.

They do pay for the site and have done for years. Please re think your decision.

Iam glad this looks to have got somthing moving so the moaners are happy, maybe the ship will stay upright. Maybe it can become the car club I once joined and was proud to be a part of.

Now please committee respond to me here or via pm. Thank you.

:)edited

5teve L
10-01-2014, 19:05
That's what I'm trying to understand 5teve... Anything I add to the RTOC is my own IP so how can I be accused of stealing it from here??

I was just saying that I was not going to update the thread anymore on here, just moving the discussion.

It may have been a bit knee jerk, maybe some of the committee saw it as a possible loss of alot of members overnight & panicked ? Especially with Mart deleting all his posts as well in the events ?? & Adey starting his new site & the content issues ... add that all together & it possibly came to all this ??

I understand you added your own things to the events etc. & you should be able to do as you will, but it looked like you were jumping ship & had taken all details off RTOC & put them onto RTOF, so why do you care about whether you have access to RTOC anymore, or is it the £15 ?
I for one was gutted & saddened to see ND on the same day as Sangliers, I thought it was poorly thought out, but I can see why the FCS could be for the good of the club rather than a 'jolly' to Sangliers.

JRP
10-01-2014, 19:14
It may have been a bit knee jerk, maybe some of the committee saw it as a possible loss of alot of members overnight & panicked ? Especially with Mart deleting all his posts as well in the events ?? & Adey starting his new site & the content issues ... add that all together & it possibly came to all this ??

I understand you added your own things to the events etc. & you should be able to do as you will, but it looked like you were jumping ship & had taken all details off RTOC & put them onto RTOF, so why do you care about whether you have access to RTOC anymore, or is it the £15 ?
I for one was gutted & saddened to see ND on the same day as Sangliers, I thought it was poorly thought out, but I can see why the FCS could be for the good of the club rather than a 'jolly' to Sangliers.

Steve, no content issue. I approached off my own back rich to ask, I saw both forums working.. Theft was not even a thought on my mind. Hence trying to do it in correct fashion.

Sorry everybody my nieveaty made things worse.

5teve L
10-01-2014, 19:16
Steve, no content issue. I approached off my own back rich to ask, I saw both forums working.. Theft was not even a thought on my mind. Hence trying to do it in correct fashion.

Sorry everybody my nieveaty made things worse.

I give up. :sad2:

jesus in the seat of a 5
10-01-2014, 19:26

finally...the voice of reason....:agree:

5teve L
10-01-2014, 19:34
finally...the voice of reason....:agree:

Jesus, can you heal the RTOC massif ?? :agree::sad:

andybond
10-01-2014, 19:41
Jesus, can you heal the RTOC massif ?? :agree::sad:

One more thing , I would like to see me win the lottery. But aside from that if you "reinstate" the ones that have had the chop that would be a good move.

Really , I think the world is big enough for THREE WHOLE renault turbo clubs.

andybond
10-01-2014, 19:57
Such a facility WOULD be useful as when I was deleting spammers 7 days every week,

Ian , have you got any anti spammer signup plugins on ?

Take a peek at these : might make your life easier ? There are naturally better versions in later software but these are what I can find in 3.7

this one (http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=181818&highlight=spam)

This one is excellent (http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=183917&highlight=spam)

Another (http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=183329&highlight=spam)