PDA

View Full Version : Time Attack/Superlap

Woznaldo
09-01-2009, 22:20
I'm thinking of entering my GTT into the Oz time attack series "Superlap" for 2010 and would like to start getting the car prepped this year with this in mind.

I've uploaded the Rules and Regs to the Files section under Misc.

If I start with the 'Clubsprint Class' (the lowest) mods are still pretty open. I'd have to keep the original glass and still use the C1J but, from what I can make out, engines mods are unlimited as it was originally turbocharged!

Obviously cost is going to be a major issue so, i'd like to do it all on the cheap but, as a starting point these are some mods I could go for:

-Weld in rollcage (OMP or Custom)
-Williams wide track conversion front and rear
-Lightweight 7 x 15 wheels (TD Prorace 1.2 or OZ Ultras etc)
-R spec tyres
-Seam welded front subframe
-Std Discs and DS2500/DS3000 pads
-Leda Adjustable Struts 2.5" ID Springs (already have)

Engine
-Std bottom end (maybe balance with new clutch)
-Lightended Flywheel
-Carb tuned to match spec or,
-EFI Conversion (Megasquirt Extra and Alliance Manifold)
-Turbo???? I have a std T2 and a T2 Hybrid of somekind?
-FMIC
-Piper 285 Cam and Springs (probably the safest bet?)

If I went into the 'Open' class I could drop a 1.8 Valver Turbo or even a 225 lump in?

Bear in mind that i'm not trying to win outright (all Evos and STIs) but i'd like to have some fun. Other FWDs already competing are Civics/CRXs.

Please don't tell me that the 5 is a bad car to start with for this kind of thing. It's what i've got and that ain't gonna change. Plus, it'll be different.

If Andy, Russell, Matt5, Mart, Scoff, to name a few could add their 10 pence worth it'd be appreciated.