PDA

View Full Version : Carb overhaul kit

GTTURBO1988
30-12-2013, 19:56
First post!

Hi chaps I own a tuned Renault 5 gt turbo and been having a problem with fuel mixture as a result my little 5 is drinking more then my 3 litre BMW just 4 miles to the gallon. I have taken it to a few garages but none seem to have a clue what the problem is. As a result I have rung ktec racing and been told a carb overhaul kit is the best option. Only problem is ktec have stopped supplying parts for the gt turbo. I hope someone can help me out as I have tried to contact other performance company's to no avail. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated cheers

Nad-5GTT
30-12-2013, 20:01
They sell the overhaul kit in the club shop.

Red October
30-12-2013, 20:35
First post!

As a result I have rung ktec racing and been told a carb overhaul kit is the best option. Only problem is ktec have stopped supplying parts for the gt turbo.

There is a god! :laugh:

If the club hasn't any Mike at GT turbo spares or Bob at CGB both sell rebuild kits but Mikes on holiday until early January.

Bigfoot
30-12-2013, 22:43
Yes there is stock in the club and can send out at weekend for you. If you are actually only getting 4 miles per gallon I will look at leaks else where as car will not be running well with that much fuel going through it

Sparkie
31-12-2013, 10:31
leaking fuel tank 'bung' ???