PDA

View Full Version : Hope Schumacher is ok?!

JRP
29-12-2013, 14:20
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/25542340

Skiing accident.

Alex
29-12-2013, 16:27
Oops!

Slammed 66
29-12-2013, 21:04
Probably best if I keep my opinions of Schumacher to myself :jerkoff:

Penfold aka The Dealer
29-12-2013, 22:02
Now classed as critical.... Fingers crossed he pulls through ok

Alex
30-12-2013, 09:14
This isn't looking too good :( I really hope he pulls through and fully recovers. The greatest racing driver of all time IMO.

DaveL485
30-12-2013, 10:06
Hope he makes a recovery, as much of a dick as he was back in the day, you cannot deny his drive and talent....much like Vettel.

Mart
30-12-2013, 11:46
Non-induced coma, even with wearing a helmet, doesn't sound promising, although there are reports he was conscious after the accident.

Thankfully he went to Hospital, and didn't do a 'Natasha Richardson' :(

rs250nut
30-12-2013, 11:56
Probably best if I keep my opinions of Schumacher to myself :jerkoff:

It's funny how people hate on Schumacher for colliding with Hill in the 1994 Australian gp but no one says a word about Senna running Prost off the road in dramatic fashion at the 1990 Suzuka gp!!!!

Slammed 66
30-12-2013, 12:03
It's funny how people hate on Schumacher for colliding with Hill in the 1994 Australian gp

And in all honesty, that's where my dislike for him began. That exact moment. And watching him race over the next 10 years showed even more dirty tricks.

He may be a talented driver but he's also a spineless cheat. I don't wish anything bad to happen to him but I have zero respect for him.

Mart
30-12-2013, 12:11
It's funny how people hate on Schumacher for colliding with Hill in the 1994 Australian gp but no one says a word about Senna running Prost off the road in dramatic fashion at the 1990 Suzuka gp!!!!

Wind back a year, and see what Prost done to Senna at the penultimate corner/chicane to the start/finish straight...

Senna was also p1ssed off at the FIA for the obvious bias towards Prost over the past few seasons, and the fact that they moved his pole position slot at that GP from the LHS of the grid, to the more dirty RHS (Prost qualified in 2nd place, hence was now on the cleaner side).

In fairness, Hill should've wrapped up the '94 championship, given Schumy was banned for a couple of races/had his points deducted from the British GP, but then some may argue Hill probably wouldn't have even been in that potential championship-winning position had it not been for Senna's fatal crash at San Marino...

Anyway, that's all off-topic.

mightymanx
30-12-2013, 12:57
schummacher was my fav f1 driver hope u gets well soon

rs250nut
30-12-2013, 13:16
Wind back a year, and see what Prost done to Senna at the penultimate corner/chicane to the start/finish straight...

Senna was also p1ssed off at the FIA for the obvious bias towards Prost over the past few seasons, and the fact that they moved his pole position slot at that GP from the LHS of the grid, to the more dirty RHS (Prost qualified in 2nd place, hence was now on the cleaner side).

In fairness, Hill should've wrapped up the '94 championship, given Schumy was banned for a couple of races/had his points deducted from the British GP, but then some may argue Hill probably wouldn't have even been in that potential championship-winning position had it not been for Senna's fatal crash at San Marino...

Anyway, that's all off-topic.

You could debate a lifetime over this sort of stuff but my main point being, all the greats in the sport have done it, hill schumy, Prost senna, lauda hunt, doing what ever it takes to win

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aMbq0MOU0TE

Mart
30-12-2013, 17:09
You could debate a lifetime over this sort of stuff but my main point being, all the greats in the sport have done it, hill schumy, Prost senna, lauda hunt, doing what ever it takes to win

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aMbq0MOU0TE

Definitely. Ruthlessness is king in most sports.

I don't recall there being too many 'Mr Nice Guy' F1 champs over the years (Button aside, but that was mainly down to a dominating car that season...well, first half of it anyway).

Red October
30-12-2013, 19:22
MSC get well soon :agree:. Greatest F1 driver for me and as its been said no one wins titles by being a nice guy :agree:........ on his F1 return came within 2 meters of putting Barrachello in a pit wall @190mph when there was no chance of him getting points he was that competitive!!! :eek:

Alex
30-12-2013, 20:02
I've cleaned the thread up. :rolleyes:

Jonny5
30-12-2013, 20:31
A former F1 Doctors view of MSC injuries found on an online news site;

The Monday press conference

First off, this press conference was rather more reassuring than what I expected. I’ll admit that I feared an announcement of a second operation for persistently elevated intracranial pressure (ICP), and the fact that that’s not been needed is good.

So what do we know now? We know that besides keeping Michael deeply asleep, they’ve also slightly lowered his body temperature. This is part of the strategy to optimise the brain’s metabolic state. Along with increasing the delivery of “good stuff” to the brain, reducing the temperature reduces the brain’s need for stuff. Therefore the supply:consumption relation is rendered more favorable.

We’ve’ been told that Michael has bilateral lesions. This mean the brain is wounded in both hemispheres. That shouldn’t surprise us. This was a hard hit. What kind of “lesions”? While we haven’t been told exactly, we can assume a mix of three types. First, the hematoma itself. This is a collection of blood that can be evacuated. That’s been done, and Michael will be examined and scanned regularly in order to detect the formation of any new hematomas, or re-accumulation of the original one.

Next are contusions. These are basically black-and-blue marks in the brain. They result from blunt forces, and consist of areas of swelling and blood that’s seeped out of the vessels into the tissues – just like when you hit your arm. In the brain, as elsewhere, that blood gets absorbed, and the damage heals. Usually fine, but sometimes leaving small cavities behind.

The third type of lesions are at the microscopic level. They consist of damage to the bundles of “cables” (axons) connecting groups of brain cells. This type of damage isn’t readily visible using standard imaging, but is often associated with “poor neurological outcome”. These lesions aren’t treated specifically; rather, they are managed by classic neuro intensive care principles – maximise brain happiness and avoid brain unhappiness.

Mart
30-12-2013, 20:40
Gary Hartstein? Great guy...also fecked over by the FIA...

JRP
30-12-2013, 20:42
Good info Jonny :)

Jonny5
30-12-2013, 20:52
Gary Hartstein? Great guy...also fecked over by the FIA...

Yup. Very true also.

rs250nut
30-12-2013, 22:25
I've cleaned the thread up. :rolleyes:

Oh what did I miss? Can you view the deleted posts anywhere? Not trying to stir just curious.

Red October
30-12-2013, 22:27
Mine was edited as apparently I was talking "nonsense". Far from it IMO.